Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

c/s after a c/s Lock Rss

First pregnancy i had a elective c/section privately and am now looking to have a second. I had my first antenatal appoint at a public hospital and the ob really tried to push for vbac. I'm adamant i want another c/s.

can they force you, do i have a choice or even a right to choose how i want my baby delivered???
no idea but just curious why do you want a CS?
after already having one i feel it's bubs and myself's best interest to have another. my first experience was fantastic.
Hey, I answered your other question, but not sure if you deleted it to post this one?

But anyway... Logan Hospital does not do elective C/S. You will have to go private I think.
i didn't think it was elective i thought it was now necessary after having one? i get i could try for vbac but would prefer a c/s.

i didn't think it was elective i thought it was now necessary after having one? i get i could try for vbac but would prefer a c/s.

Unless there was a medical reason for your first, the risks of further surgery always outweigh the risks of natural birth.

no idea but just curious why do you want a CS?

Well said Thea.
Double, sorry smile
If you have previously had a caesar the choice is yours. They may try and encourage you to go VNAC but ultimately they can't force you to as although minimal there is a slightly higher risk going VBAC over a caesar.

I had a caesar with DS(my second) due to the fact that he was breech and then had a VBAC for DD2(no.3) and then another caesar for no.4 as he was breech aswell. I was still given the choice with no. 4 until they discovered that he was breech too, even though I had VBAC with no.3.

hi - I had my kids at the RBH (I dont know if you would be in the catchment as another post mentioned Logan) but I had emergency c-section for my 1st, followed by an elective for my second, and then needed one for my 3rd as well for medical reasons. All were through the public system and no questions asked.

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

I think the choice should be entirely up to you and you shouldn't have to justify your decision to anyone.. I had my first caesar in a public hospital and my 2nd in a private, however, that was simply because I now have private cover.. I do know the public hospital here does repeat ceasar's upon request.
I'm not familier with the public system however i do believe it would be your choice if you have one or not esspecially if you have had one already.

I'm not onto my 3rd c-section. My first wasn't a chocie then my second was but i would have ended up needing one in the end anyway and now well it looks like i can't give birth natrually so in for #3.

Jo

Sign in to follow this topic