Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Wanted VBAC & think I'm having a c-section

Wanted VBAC & think I'm having a c-section Lock Rss

Hi all,

I am 36 weeks pregnant with bub 2, and Bub 1 was a cs due to high head and high bp, and i was wondering if there was anyone else who thought about giving a VBAC a try and ended up with a cs? How did you feel about it? I think I feel ok, as all I want is a happy healthy bub, but I have this niggling feeling that I want to try for a VBAC. The problem is, that this bub is measuring and weighing 2 weeks ahead of schedual, so if I have a cs, I assume that it will be at 38 weeks, with no chance of me going into labout. My OB is cautious about my internal scars not stretching enough. Has anyone else been in this situation?

Thanks mums.

Hi there,

I tried for a VBAC with #2, a c/s before due date wasn't even discussed. My ob was completely supportive of this attempt. I did get to go into labour naturally (at 40 + 9)but unfortunatley for me I ended up with an emergency c/s. My advice would be don't "assume" you'll have a c/s at 38 wks. Be proactive and tell your ob what you want, if you want a VBAC tell him now because from what I've heard, most obs and hossys won't be supportive of VBAC after 2 c/s(?) if you were considering trying for a third. Although I didn't get the VBAC I'd hoped for, I loved the experience of going into labour naturally without drips etc.

Good luck.


No practical experience, but saw this and thought it might help you make a decision. Unfortunately there is no way to predict if a scar will rupture before it happens, even if your OB says they can.

What About Uterine Scar Ruptures?

VBAC and Scar Integrity

As for the size factor........the later the scan, the more inaccurate they become for measuring things like size of baby, in fact they are notoriously wrong. When we had DS1 we were told, after a scan to check position as they thought he was breech, that he wasn't going to be more than 5.5-6lb when born...he was 7lb exactly.

If you are happy to try and are confident about a vbac then I say go for it...but it's not my decision to make. <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>]

Good luck, whatever you decide and as you the end of the day the only thing that matters is having a happy, healthy baby at the end of it all.


I would say that if you have an urge to have a a VBAC then I would go for it! If it works it works if it doesnt you know you tried and you will never be left wondering!
I just had a successful VBAC. I saw an ob in the pregnancy who said to my face he gave me no chance of having a vaginal birth. He based this on my first where I laboured for 12 hours and didnt get past 1cm dilated. I had a 4.7kg baby. I was measuring 4-6 weeks bigger this time but ended up having a smaller baby (4kgs) and a normal birth!!!!!!!!!!
Go with your gut feeling.... dont put all your trust in someone else it is your decision!
Best of luck either way.
Sign in to follow this topic