Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Home Births & Drug Free Births

Home Births & Drug Free Births

lovemytwo

relaxation music

anyone know of any good relaxation music or cds to play during labour? what kind of music did oth...

1 reply

i'm still thinking, but am going to have a good range of music on my laptop ready to go. everything from the beatles, to relaxation ...

22mom22

ARomatherapy oils for labour

I wish to have a natural labour and birth. ie vaginal and no drugs. I am chasing a massage oil an...

2 replies

as an aromatherapist i would recommend that you see an aromatherapist and get them to make you up a blend as alot of the oils you bu...

NaturalWoman

Vaginal birth is safest - research article.

Death twice as likely by caesarean Kate Benson Medical Reporter April 4, 2008 http://www.smh.com....

1 reply

Interesting reading naturalwoman. I've sent this article onto my midwife who is very supportive of natural births..even after c-sect...

dougiesmum

i'm getting my homebirth!

thought i had better pop my head in here as well seeing as i am planning my homebirth now! i poa...

12 replies

it does also depend on genetics too, the increase in left handedness was more than they would expect taking into account genetics an...

RachB

Pain Relief info care to join?

I've found some info on pain relief for your veiwing and scrutinizing pleasure Pethidine: last ...

8 replies

Posted by: ·Tam· They also say gas has no effect on bub. But my midwife disagrees...and my son was extremely dozy for 24 hours and ...

Long labour and no pain relief

I would like to go to the birthing centre for my next bub. I didn't have a bad experience with my...

2 replies

Hey darl the birthing centre in brisbane don't do epi's. If you want one they transfer you accross to the royal womens delivery. The...

Eye Opener!!

I have never thought that I would find myself saying this and I do still stand by some of my thou...

5 replies

I almost cried watching it. I wish I had seen it before I had my babies. (although with DD it wouldn't of mattered because I don't t...

spunkyprincess

Helping kids with cancer...

Wanted to shout the title, so that you would all see this! My MIL & FIL are doing a walk from CO...

1 reply

Posted by: spunkyprincess Wanted to shout the title, so that you would all see this! My MIL & FIL are doing a walk from COOLANGATTA...

3 cheeky boys

homebirth & pre eclampsia

ethen was a planned homebirth, but was born in hospital (39hr drug free labour and vaginal birth)...

10 replies

second bubs born following 4 hour labour. had PE scare at 36 weeks that put me in hospital for a few days, but things calmed down ag...

AW41FD

so happy my breeched baby was turned with ECV

I just wanted to share that ECV is great procedure for anyone with a breech baby, to try it and t...

1 reply

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl I don't know what ECV means but I had twins naturally breech after trying acupunture...

Crunchy Mama

Business of Being Born - PERTH SCREENING

I just found out about this and wanted to share, if you are interested in attending please either...

2 replies

i just saw it in tassie, great stuff. it may already have been shown in brisbane. if you get in contact with the maternity coalition...

Crunchy Mama

Business of Being Born Info on Drugs & Birth Defects

Here I didn't want to overtake your thread Dougiesmums These are some of the drugs they mention...

2 replies

i'm finally going to see it on sunday! really excited. i was converted already but you never know what else you can learn!

Drug Free?

Just a genral question for other mothers i have a 6month old son and we will be ttc in July howev...

11 replies

hello there. i had my boy a year and a half ago.. time flies hey!! anyways, i used one of those big exercise balls to sit on during ...

Kat + 3 Kittens

Pethidine

Did you know that pethidine given during labour can stay in bubs system for up to a month and mak...

14 replies

It was a lactation consultant that gave me the info. One of the first things she asked me is if I was given pethidine during labor. ...

Drug Free Birhts

Because I am too lazy to hunt...I am starting a new thread I just want suggestions on pain relie...

20 replies

... edited due to irrelevance. [Edited on 17/03/2008]

love*my*girls

Help. How can I prepare/hurry up my body to birth

Ok, i just have a question, any ideas will be welcomed!!!! Im due with my second bub in 1 and a ...

7 replies

If I had to wait until 44 weeks and 4 days I think I would have to book myself into a mental home as I would be going so insane. Goo...

MARRIED TO A GREEK!

Gestational Diabetes

Hello home birthing mummies. Can anyone give me a website to view regarding gestational diabetes...

3 replies

Michel Odent also has sensible things to say, try a google search

StrawberryJane

Water Birth- never mind! ;)

oops just realised there's already a post on this! LOL I'll look at that! [Edited on 21/02/2008]

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Kandied Heart

Why do I feel like noone understands Why I am terr

Im just wondering if anyone else was concerned about being made to birth in the regular ward? ...

92 replies

Please note that this thread has been edited and locked. We choose to allow the discussion of Home Births and Drug Free Births on o...

Kat + 3 Kittens

Interesting Article

I don't know if anyone had posted this already, but I read it the other day and found it very int...

3 replies

looks good! have added it to the huge list of things to print when i get more paper. i can't read things properly on the puter!

mermaidsx3

Hair Dyes ETC...

I hope this is an ok place to post this but I assume those who choose a drug free birth also stri...

4 replies

I did ocassionally use dye, but stopped during pregnancy, and I still will not use it as I am breastfeeding.

Cyathea

List of places to access Publicly Funded Homebirth

In Australia Homebirth is largely unfunded by the government, but there are certain places where ...

3 replies

There's no Queensland on that list either.

Going for Four

Hypnobirthing / Calmbirthing

I have just bought myself a book on this topic, and would really love to hear from anyone who has...

14 replies

Hi there everyone. I live in Wellington, NZ, and really wanted to give hypnobirthing a go, but there was no-one here who offered cla...

Huggies_Moderator

Thread Removed - Subject : Beautiful Homebirth Sl

Please note that this thread has been removed. Whilst we are supportive of our members discussi...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
dougiesmum

my new life plan

why in here you ask? because i am going to train as a childbirth educator and set up a private p...

2 replies

hopefully i'll be able to get a lactation consultant too. my hubby wasn't keen on cooking for me everyday either! lol

whataheart

Every birth experience is different...

When I fell pregnant I too was terrified of birthing in the labour ward and having to stay in hos...

3 replies

O good! I'm glad you have already made use of HMA. I'm sorry hb wont be an option for you this time around. Very fraustrating the p...

Mia.h.r

Caesarean rates heading to danger level

I want to make it clear I am not critiscising anyone or trying to start a debate. I found this ar...

9 replies

Congrats on your pregnancy, and its awesome that you are intending on a natural birth. I would suggest trying out the techniques off...

StrawberryJane

Placenta Tabs

I've read a few posts here about freezing the placenta into little tabs to be taken to help with ...

4 replies

I had my baby in a public hospital and I just told them I wanted to keep the placenta. I had heard about eating it but due to my be...

Cyathea

One-to-one midwifery care trial in Melbourne - Great news!!

http://theage.com.au/news/national/o netoone-midwifery-aims-to-cut-complicatio ns/2008/01/28/12...

2 replies

i lost count of how many midwives i saw with ds. i was in the know your midwife scheme at the local public hospital and didn't know...

Cyathea

Do women freebirth in NZ?

I'm really curious. There are quite a few people who opt to freebirth in Australia, as independan...

8 replies

I am having a homebirth soon in NZ, I will have 2 midwives here and my hubby and children, I would never consider a freebirth even t...

Doctor's, Nurses, Midwives, Obstetricians

These medical professionals have studied at University for years, worked in their choice of field...

32 replies

Posted by: Sarah_F These medical professionals have studied at University for years, worked in their choice of field, done pracs, an...

Paula_mum_of_2

Im so proud!!!

My brother delivered his son this morning at 4.35am, he wasnt ment to be a home birth but he obvi...

3 replies

That's so cool - congratulations to all of you. What a wonderful story Darcy will have to tell about his birth.

redruby

Home Birth after VBAC

I had an emergency c-section with my first and had my second in hospital. I'd love to have a home...

7 replies

I meant to say natural all the way would have been nice but better to end with a home birth than a c

Cyathea

Resources for homebirth and/or drugfree birth

Lets pool our resources!! Here are some articles/books which were of special help to me when mak...

2 replies

http://www.homebirthsa.org.au/ Cyathea has written the rest of mine : ).......

Private MW at a hospital

i had 2 hospital births both were independant midwives that i chose, but that was in nz

3 replies

Oh okay I get ya then! Yes I totally understand what you are saying! Brandon is great! Unbelievable how fast it has gone hey?!! HOw...

ymiheer

Do you look like a hippy?

hahha Going from another thread, of what we imagine homebirthers to look like, what DO you actua...

9 replies

I thought that was the most entertaining part of the whole antenatal course/classes - the video was hilarious...well until they got ...

Cyathea

Lovely Article: The Rhombus of Michaelis

This article explains some really interesting stuff about natural normal physiological birth, and...

3 replies

that makes so much sense. thanks cyathea. will have to save it in my birth file for future reference!

*~Mumtogirls~*

Routine pregnancy tests

Hello homebirthing mummies! Just wondering if I could ask those who have had a homebirth, did yo...

89 replies

Cyathea, treylace2 and dougiesmum Thanks for your comments (and hugs!). They're very much appreciated

MARRIED TO A GREEK!

Cravings during pregnancy

do you think this is the body's natural way of saying "I need this"! In fact, even when not preg...

35 replies

I craved salty hot chips with my first pregnancy and then AFTER she was born I craved carrots (raw with skin on). It was intense and...

'Normal' pregnancy - home birth

Sorry, I couldnt think of another word for normal. Basically what I want to know is, there seem...

18 replies

hehe, come on, I wanna be a hippy! Actually I am rather "normal" looking, but Id rather be as intriquing as a stereotypical hippy....