Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Home Births & Drug Free Births

Home Births & Drug Free Births

Lilee,Ryder&Squidgy

When did your babys cord get cut?

I've been doing a bit of googling about when after birth to cut the cord.I've read that letting t...

9 replies

Posted by: Tahlen BTW mine took about 40 mins to deliver the placenta with drugs. I meant without drugs.

MODS I WANT A RESPONSE!!!!!!

I have had enough of being FRUCKING nice. I have been polite and am asking a simple question and ...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
K334D

Trainee Childbirth Educator needs YOUR help

Hello, I am training to be a childbirth educator which means that at the end of my study, I will ...

3 replies

bump

theperfecttwo

TEST

value Hello value Hello

Sw333t

TENS machine?

This is my first birth, currently 35 weeks , and im considering hiring a TENS machine. Just wonde...

3 replies

I hired one for my 1st birth and will again this time around. I had an all natural labour with no drugs or episitomy. Do yourself a ...

The_Sage_Mother

Student Midwives

Just wondering if there are any student midwives or people who have just been accredited with the...

5 replies

Thanks Addi angel. So you will be studing with a litte one then? Where you on call the whole time or just certain periods? Was there...

katie21

continual monitoring or waterbirth?

i spoke to the hospital where i had ds2 who was a vbac baby and they said that for all my future ...

4 replies

Hi Katie, I replied to you in your other thread

*~TnTsMum~*

VBA2C

I would love to have a natural birth but have had 2 c-sects. The first was a planned c-sect beca...

3 replies

You most definitely can have a vba2cs! I did that less than 4 months ago with my DD I chose to stay away from a hospital & I had ...

katie21

anybody have a hypnobirthing cd??

just looking for someone who has a calmbirth or hypnobirthing cd that they might like to loan me ...

kate_mid

Support during pregnany and birth

Hi everyone, My name is Kate and I'm a midwifery student in Melbourne. Midwifery means 'with wome...

~*clairesmum*~

vit k oral?

my older sister got the oral for her 2nd son cause she thinks the needle will cause cancer, the t...

6 replies

I can access the link. AND Thanks

itsonlyme

2nd babies

i birthed my firstborn in hospital, had a few sucks of the gas but that was it, pushed for 45mins...

1 reply

Hi, Second babies are generally "easier" as a rule, mainly because you've already done it once so your body knows better what it is...

Cohen  Bump 09.04.10

help perth mums

went to my docs today and i told him my birth plan i would like a water birth and rockingham ho...

10 replies

Hiya, I read Labour of Love by Gabrielle Targett who's book is all about Water Births and she is based in Australia. Actually her ba...

sofiesarasmama

water breaks & water birth????

can u still have a water birth if ur waters have broken?

3 replies

I had a continuous hindwater leak from 35weeks till 37 weeks (when I was induced). I had intended to have a hospital based waterbirt...

Some Questions

I have some questions for you mother who are against ANY interventions, ie ultrasounds, tests etc...

4 replies

If I had symptoms of things being wrong I would get checked out by my midwife and we would go from there. I noticed you have impli...

mermaidsx3

DRUGS FOR STREP B

Just wondering about the drugs they give you for strep b during labour. With #2 I had Step B so w...

8 replies

Posted by: OC1246 Hi there! ok...one of things about strepb, is that you can test positive for it one week and negative the next. I...

Natural Birth Lock

I have recently realised (not wanting to start a fight here) that a 'natural' birth is different ...

24 replies

--

Homebirth mummy

Mummies Planning to homebirth/freebirth/waterbirth

Hi wonderful women! I thought I would start this thread for all those who are planning to hb/fb/o...

22 replies

Hey Puff- Punk thats kindda makes sence to me, well the bit about the think positive on what date u want bubs to be born.. When i ...

4under4

student doula in perth

hi my names jess im looking for 2 births to attend to become a doula. i have been to 1 birth as a...

1 reply

hi all i am now a fully qualified doula fell free to email me if youd like more information.

mrsnemo

Calm birth or hypno in Bathurst NSW?

Hi, Does anyone know of anywhere close to Bathurst that does the Calm birth or similar classes? ...

4 replies

I have done the Calmbirth classes and highly recommend them. I haven't experienced labor yet but the relaxations have certainly made...

Question

Ok, we've had our differences. I'll be the first to admit it. BUT this is a genuine question. ...

73 replies

I went drug free with #3 as planned, for the simple fact I had a home waterbirth & the choice of drugs was gas or nothing. I did act...

MARRIED TO A GREEK!

CO SLEEPING

Hello home birth mummies... Can you all plese tell me when you stopped co sleeping with your "bab...

9 replies

missfit, You're welcome. It should be for us as well, we didn't do it for very long, but at least I was receptive this time whereas...

Homebirth mummy

Vitamin K Injection Did you didn't you?

We declined it for dd. She was not at high risk so we chose not to give it to her. What did you a...

41 replies

We chose to have the injection for DS and probably will for any other children we have. After both DP and I doing some reading we de...

rainbowgal

hesitant whanau when it comes to homebirth

my partner and support family arent keen on the homebirth but me and my midwife are! What can i s...

3 replies

sounds like you already have experience birthing in a hospital! although ultimately it is your decision, its pretty tough to go agai...

Elizas*mum

Movie Orgasmic Birth

"What would happen if women were taught to enjoy birth rather than endure it? In answering that q...

3 replies

well i missed it, didnt have to go to court and we had a black out so it would have been good lol.

Water Birth with a first time Doula !!

I am wanting to have a water birth with this baby as the last one was just so traumatic and paifu...

6 replies

its sad that were so far behind i no theres no hospitals in perth that let u birth in water you can labor but they pull you out when...

1stTimeMamma

Doula benefits?

Hi Mums & Mums to be, I am considering looking for a doula. Has anybody had any experience with h...

2 replies

Here's a good link, I have lots, that gives you stats and general info on doulas and links to research papers if you want to look at...

Elizas*mum

Movie Orgasmic Birth

"What would happen if women were taught to enjoy birth rather than endure it? In answering that q...

RachB

Drug free and scared

Anyone else scared sh**less about their labour? I'm planning on going all natural for this one an...

16 replies

hay rachel im nicole and i am currently 7 days off having my baby girl and it's my second pregnancy. i am at the stage now of thinki...

Cl0thies reccomendations

Hi just wonderingin if anyone out there who uses the above can PM me with reccomendations of type...

4 replies

Baby beehind all in ones are great and the peapod pocket nappies are also not bad. Both of which u can get a good bargin on if you h...

C_hippie_kiwi

AMA up in arms about "The Business of Being Born"

Hi ladies, Thought you might find this article interesting, amusing or both. The AMA here is the...

whataheart

60 minutes article on Homebirths

HI everyone. Tonight I watched the 60 minutes article about birth choices in Australia. They of...

5 replies

I agree with the your comment about risks involved,It was one of the few things I did agree with the Ob in saying that ceaser babies...

C_hippie_kiwi

And this is why I didin't want to go to Hospital

Okay, so it was one of many reasons and I'm sure some of you have seen this by now but: http://w...

4 replies

Hi there I want to act as advocate for the hospital. I don't work there but I am trained as a midwife and I know how things are run ...

girlbunny

Stretch and sweep?

Having had no experience in "stretch and sweep" except for 'hearing' the term here, I finally loo...

9 replies

Thanks I am VERY happy that he decided to come early, and that he's now home, happy and healthy

annie_mid

Student Midwife Looking for Melbourne Mums to Be!

Hi all! My name is Annie and I am currently studying for my Graduate Diploma in Midwifery throug...

RachB

Hypnobirthing-Is it worth it?

Hi Everyone, Hope you're all doing well. I'm due to have my 3rd on the 23rd of august and I have ...

8 replies

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!! I'm so excited to hear other people say how much they loved hypnobirthing/calmbirthing as much as my h...

Mezz@,-

Cord Blood Banking

Hi all, This came up between my DF and I last night. I believe the theory about the health benefi...

3 replies

I don't believe in cord blood banking for the same reason as you mentioned, the blood in the cord belongs to the baby! So if you hav...

Doula Jas

FREE DOULA!!!!

Hi, My name is Jasmine I have 1 son who is almost 9months old and I am currently studying with O...

1 reply

Hi Doula Jas Just wanted to know when you would be finishing your course? Sarah

Tahlen

Help with hubsband's issues....

I want a home birth with a midwife, I have silent labours which result in quick known labour time...

3 replies

ds will probably hang around the house. trying to find someone i trust enough to have in my birth space to be there just for him at ...

Mum2Taria&Quinlan

I'm having problems with my midwife, no other midwives available in my district. Unassisted homebirth???

I'm really not sure what to do. I'm due baby number 3 in 7 weeks and my midwife who i have only m...

4 replies

First I guess you and hubby should sit down and discuss with her that you're feeling left out, etc, that you're loosing/lost your co...