Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Home Births & Drug Free Births

Home Births & Drug Free Births

Jayden03-Dylan09

what questions to ask ?

i am 31 weeks and am currently booked in or delivery at a maternity hospital not far from our ho...

3 replies

thanks for the reply i already have my midwife sorted and have been dealing with her since 13 weeks preg she has been a midwife f...

Am i crazy???

Hi, It doesn't sound cray at all. Maybe have a look at the VBAC sticky at the top of the ma...

4 replies

Have a look at this article about small pelvis's http://bellybelly.com.au/articles/birth/small-pelvis-big-baby-cpd

itsonlyme

another cord cutting question

... [Edited on 11/04/2009]

14 replies

[quote][b]Posted by:[/b] unicorn_magic [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Cyathea [quote] I have a really nasty history of PND so I am going t...

Jayden03-Dylan09

pain relif for home birth ?

hi i live in nz and am wondering about what kind of pain relif can you get if having a home birt...

3 replies

I think some Midwives have gas but not always, thats the only pain relief they have. I HIGHLY suggest reading "Ina May's Guide to ...

anyone had breech bub vaginally

Just wondering as NZ doctors are now unable to asist in these as lack of training (Listener Mag)

6 replies

Contact your local homebirth groups, they will know of midwives around who support breech birth.

MrsMM

anyone VBAC'd a large baby?

ob called today, and my plans for a vbac are dwindling it seems. she says baby is measuring four ...

21 replies

Posted by: missfit GO MRS YOU CAN DO IT!!! *waves pompoms* It helps when you have a supportive partner. They weren't sure I could h...

LiLSarah

You think this is rude???

I have decided to stop all immunisations till my baby is a bit older and the nurse from our docto...

10 replies

thanks for the replys! Yeah i will be more assertive (sp) next time, but its hard when you have medical proffesionals questioning y...

beckygirl

It is too late to organise a homebirth, at 36 wks????????

Call me crazy but I am in the process of looking into having my baby at home...yes even at this l...

1 reply

Very sensible, actually, but I would not bother going back to the Ob if you are serious about homebirth, all he/she will do is scare...

mumaof3

unassisted home birth books...

Can anyone recommend any books for an unassisted home birth?? We cant afford a midwife so I start...

4 replies

Hey there, yep I have 2 other kids, dd - 2 1/2 & ds - 1

MummyGia

Creating right environment for homebirth

Hi everyone, this is my first baby and i am having a homebirth. but my issue is that i dont know ...

4 replies

i had ethan in our bedroom. i was thinking of our loungeroom originally but it is all open and cant be closed off if i wanted to. En...

good books?

hi, can someone please reccomend some good books on drug free births?

6 replies

i second "a labour of love" and "hypnobirthing" i used alot of their advice during my labour and im sure it wouldnt have been as ea...

bored4

how do i find a midwife or a doula

int he port stephens/newcastle area

9 replies

no frineds matey that would help out and i want my kids there too so too much for another person!!

kirbo

Labour Plans!!!!

Hi i am 23weeks preg and haven really thought much about labour besides asking a few questions ab...

15 replies

I found DF remembered more from the classes than I did - Preggy brain DOH! It was nice to meet others going through it for the first...

perineum/perineal massage..yes, no?

hi girls, can anyone tell me if massaging the perineum has helped anyones delivery or if it is ju...

6 replies

The midwife who attended ds1's birth didnt do any and i tore a wee bit cause he came out with both hands up near his ears (thanks li...

home birth essentials

Birthing room: Birthing pool Pump Hose and/or bucket for filling Connections for hose Plastic f...

1 reply

Go to http://www.simplybirth.com.au/, They have really good birthing pools and accessories <span class="emoticon smile">smile&...

tips on avoiding tearing and easy labour??

wats everyone doing/done to prevent tearing or make their labours better? i have started yoga and...

15 replies

Posted by: ElyseHunt also i have heard that pelvic floor strecthes are good to do, but where can i get info on what these stretches ...

The_Sage_Mother

Homebirth?

Hello ladies, I was just wondering on what your ideas are. My friend has a 12 month old daughter ...

3 replies

There is a very common misconception that the cord around the neck, and baby coming out of the womb not breathing are somehow connec...

Jamie09

What and when to pack my bags

Hi Everyone Just wondering when i should have my bags packed. Im due 15th March with my first and...

2 replies

Thank You SO much your list is very helpful. Always good to get some tips off someone who has been there before. Better get packing!!

whataheart

Unassisted homebirth

I have a friend who had the most horrible birth experience with her first that she was adamant th...

16 replies

HI If you are worried about a homebirth but want no intervention try a birth centre. they are fantastic. they are midwife run and ar...

epi-no

hi, has anyone used an 'epi-no'? id love to hear of any experiences and if it worked or a waste o...

11 replies

Ange, I second Sage Mother and think you definitely have lots of time to use the Epi-No, if you so choose. All the best. Jen.

mummof2

homebirth dream disappearing....

I have wanted a homebirth for so long now. For my dd there were complications and my iron was too...

7 replies

thanks ladies!

Sara_Doula

Student Doula available in Townsville

Hi ladies, I have recently begun study as a Student Doula with Childbirth International. As apa...

8 replies

Just bumping again Ladies! Also updating....I am still on the look out for 1 more certiying birth. If you are interested in having...

Have you considered a doula?

Have you considered using a doula? Doulas can assist with antenatal care, postnatal care and/or ...

2 replies

Thanks for the support! I wish I'D had a doula for my births!

Tahlen

reading suggestions - I've finished what I have

Hi all, I can't sleep, crashed at 8pm and now too nervous about scan tomorrow to go back to sleep...

6 replies

I found "gentle birth method" and "well adjusted babies" both excellent books and very helpful.

scoobenz

hypnobirthing

Hi, I'm 14 weeks preg' with my 3rd child and quite like the idea of a hypnobirth. After 2 pretty ...

3 replies

Hi I also tried the hypno birthing thing - though I did it with a doula and reading some books on the subject rather than going to a...

Star Chaser

just wondering

hi ladies just wondering im planning on having a home birth and what happens if you do need a cse...

3 replies

when a medical need arises, you transfer to the hospital. Your midwife can ring ahead and warn them that you may need a c/s and they...

whos has hada natural birth?

who has actually had a great drug free natural birth? im curious because i dont no how ppl can co...

25 replies

Of the live births, I have had 2 drug free births - with less than 5 mins in hospital, and 2 births using gas only. The only differe...

Princesses Mummy

DRUG FREE WATER BIRTH

hi i posted a waterbirth in labour and pregnancy but i think it might go better in here... i am ...

11 replies

Wow congrats!!! i am so happy for u and hope that i can have a good one like that... i am hoping to go just after new year but now ...

Star Chaser

worried about partner

hi every first congrats to everyone and good luck!!! im worried about what my partner is going ...

2 replies

Also there's another dvd called the bussiness of being born which explains to parents to be why natural is best and why staying at h...

Emzy112

Natural, Active Birth Plan - Advice pls

Hi ladies, I have 8 weeks to go and am wanting to write a birth plan so everyone knows what my wi...

13 replies

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! And good on you for delivering your baby the way you envisaged! I know when it was all over I thought ...

SettyK

Considering a home birth.

Hello Ladies, Long post ahead LOL! I am currently about ten and a half weeks pregnant and all i...

19 replies

Hi Setty, I really wanted a home birth but due to having a high risk pregnancy I opted for a hospital birth. I found that the hospi...

great book

Home Birth Bound by Maggie Banks

New no replies Be the first to reply »
leng

TENS machine- which one to use?

hi ladies, i also posted this message in the labour forum but thought i would also post in this...

1 reply

i know this was posted a while ago so i hope i can still help. i used a tens machine (not sure of the brand) which i hired from the ...

SimmiB

Hypno Birthing

Im looking for anyone who has experienced a hypnobirth. Im 6 months pregnant with my 3rd child an...

1 reply

Oh my gosh ... I don't even know where to start .... Hypnobirthing is so AMAZING! .... I loved birthing my baby girl and that's a wh...

yummy_mummy5

I have had 4 natural births:D

All my births were all natural, I refused to have any drugs so just handled the pain, even though...

1 reply

oh geez u sound very lucky to be blessed with easy births..although may not feel easy to you! what are your secrets!

Kandied Heart

my fundas is way to small for how pregnant Iam.

Hi Guys Im 19weeks pregnant. I have had devistatingly tragic news a month ago (and even that ...

4 replies

With my first pregnancy I was incredibly small for dates. But i had good strong tummy muscles to act as a girdle against the uterus ...

tash1779

Active Births

Hi Ladies, I too wanted a drug free active birth. Had read all the books on how to do this and h...

1 reply

Hey, just wanted to ask was this your first birth? And was your bub posterior? It sounds similar to my first. I am doing Active Birt...

Positive labour and birth stories!

Hi my name is Stacey and i am expecting my second baby on the 29th of december. My first labour a...

11 replies

hey Stacey, just wanted to share my positive birth story..... this was my second prgncy expecting dd2 i was enrolled in the birth ...

SettyK

Refusing 'routine' tests.

Just wonder what you ladies thoughts are on refusing some or all of the 'routine' tests which are...

40 replies

Setty, We didn't have the Strep B test or GD test (don't even think they offered that one). I actually wrote a reply to this when y...

Cheekybub

Another epi-no question...

Hi! I had DD last year and ended up with 3rd degree tears, something I don't want to experience a...

1 reply

It should help you not tear this time, because even though you tore last time, it wasn't a real gradual stretch...it was within only...