Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Home Births & Drug Free Births

Home Births & Drug Free Births

Just out of curiousity...

did anyone dual nurse? as in BF a toodler and newborn at the same time. I have absolutely noth...

12 replies

I am currently feeding a 2 year old and 18 weeks pregnant. Amazingly enough I have colostrum in one boob and milk in the other!! (mi...

Crunchy Mama

Ok, the entire forum knows we don't agree on many things, but this is a genuine question, I am as...

26 replies

fair enough. in that case im still going to go with storing the cord blood, i guess i would never forgive myself if it was needed l...

lex88

She has done it =)

Well today i booked myself into the birth centre that is on the grounds of the hospital. I am ge...

4 replies

Your welcome, yeah it's the exactly the same thing although the electrical impulses vary from machine. I have just a normal one for ...

Kellz04

WANTED: Pregnant Woman In ROTORUA...=)

Hello Ladies!! My name is Kelly and I am doing a Diploma in Childbirth Education (through Aorak...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Ang_21

Music for labour

For those that had the opportunity to have music in a birth centre or at home - what types of mus...

4 replies

This IS going to sound strange- but I didn't take music in because I thought that I would associate my favourite bands/songs with pa...

MarniT

Birth Centre

I am currently pregnant with my first baby and am going to check out our local birth centre on We...

11 replies

I went through Canberra birth centre for DD2, I found it fantastic, the midwife I saw was great, I know there you have the option of...

ElyseHunt

Homebirth

Hey everyone.. This question is aimed at the women who have/or are planning to have a homebirth ...

6 replies

"My main question is, - has anyone planned a homebirth and after trying it at home in the beginning of labour, freaked out and decid...

Star Chaser

doula and husband

hi every one i am very positvie about having a active birth and wanting to hire a doula but hubb...

3 replies

No worries! I hope he comes around for you! Take Care! x

mitchellandabby''sum

Home Birth - Mornington Peninsula, Vic

Hi everyone - after a stressful, pressured labour 10 years ago with my son in the hospital system...

Lotus birth

anyone had one or know someone who has? Just read an article about this in parenting mag (poste...

3 replies

wow ive never heard of it before. read the article and not really my cup of tea but each to their own. i do like to idea of 'going s...

blue06pink09

quick answers please

well, by the time i give birth i hope i know the answers. but when you wait for the placenta to ...

3 replies

hi there, both my labours the umbilical cord stopped pulsating, went white and flat (instead of being bluish and fat) BEFORE i had ...

paulineb77

Flu Vaccine

I have a 2 year old son & I'm thinking about getting him the flu vaccine. Just looking for any v...

9 replies

I feel the same ilovemylittleman! I have found that my vax posts are getting more and more blunt, as I can't stand all the nonsense ...

picklepot

Help me convince hubby

Hi How do/did you convince your other half that homebirth is safe/ok?? I am preg with our 2nd, f...

9 replies

yeah thats a huge part of the reason i want a homebirth this time cos we really only made it with 10min to spare last time my 2nd st...

MummyGia

A positive step for Homebirth!! yay!!

Just letting you all know there is finally something positive in the news about homebirths. well ...

C_hippie_kiwi

Surprise, Surprise

Well ladies, hold onto your socks because a recnet study has proven what we knew (and have been s...

9 replies

The report was from 2007 and it had the figures that you provided. I assumed that was it as it was the only thing I could find. If t...

Immunisations...

Of course you can choose not to have your child immunised hundreds/thousands on people choose thi...

56 replies

lex 88 - ta for picking me up on the blood stream thing. I was writing so quickly I was confusing myself! I will go back and edit it...

osmum

Air injections?

I remember reading on here a while ago about a pain relief option of injecting air? I can't remem...

4 replies

Thanks for the link! I'm going to print it out and add some of the things to a list I've made for my DH to take in with us.

Lotus Birth

I know something..................IT'S GROSS!! Go into the Home Birth section, there are plenty ...

9 replies

Well said Mumaof2!! I completely agree & although I am not pregnant i have plans to do a lotus birth. It is also better for the ba...

never thought i would be wating info on drug free labour but I do !! lol lol lol

i have this morning had a midwife appointment found out I am going to be able to labour in a bath...

4 replies

Hey Hun! I had a drug free labour with Hannah, I flat out refused anything. Fug it was hard, but i had determination not to use dru...

reneeaidensmum

baby bigger then normal worried about home delivery???

Hi I am 32 weeks pregnant at the moment and right through my pregnancy with this one i have bee...

7 replies

It is probably a bit late, but I just wanted to tell you that i had my 9 pound 11 ounce daughter at home in the bath 4 months ago - ...

free_babe5

training to be a doula in the Southern Highlands.

Hi my name is Cathy. Im 25, married and have three beautiful children. i am also expecting baby #...

4 replies

hi there Congratulations on your second pregnancy. How exciting. its not a dumb question. A doula is a birth support person. we aren...

unicorn_magic

Pain Relief drugs effects on Baby?

hi, with my DDs delivery i felt very overwhelmed and uneducated. I had a VB and for pain relief ...

21 replies

Just to share my experience: I too laboured for as long as possible before deciding to take some sort of pain relief.. I opted for ...

C_hippie_kiwi

Thread on the C-section Forum got me thinking.........

I was just having a nosy, as you do, on the forums when I came across one asking about the public...

46 replies

Posted by: ethen&olivers mommy however, if the NZ government were to tell me that it is not allowed anymore, i would be outraged, sa...

Kandied Heart

where to get get cheap towels?

I am having a homebirth. (Couple of years ago we asked for linen so i cleaned out linen closet an...

3 replies

maybe try ebay? they have bulk bargains on there. good luck with the birth xxo Sez

Two Tinkerbells is in labour

Please send her your thoughts, she is hoping for a VBAC. Lots of positive vibes please

2 replies

Go you birthing goddess!!

HOME BIRTH? ADVICE PLEASE.

Hi ladies, I was wondering if i could get some advice please? I was booked into a Family Birth ...

6 replies

Hi I am in Qld and although the physical birthing process for us women is the same regardless which side of the country we live on i...

bubone09

TENS Machine- experience anyone?

I spoke to my Physio about it the other day and she explained hwo it worked. Just wondering if a...

4 replies

I hired one but didn't find it helpful at all. I didn't start using it until I was a few hours into the labour because I didn't rea...

bubandbeyond

doula in sydney

hi there to all, my name is cassandra. im a doula in sydney and am here to offer my support to a...

Placenta Question..

Hi Ladies I am probably getting a bit ahead of myself here, We have just found out that we are h...

3 replies

oops [Edited on 12/03/2009]

C_hippie_kiwi

Sign the Petition

Hi ladies, I saw this petition to save Independent Midwifery and Home birth choices in Australia...

2 replies

Good idea...pass it on to as many people as you can think of. LOL

Cyathea

It was supposed to be a waterbirth! The homebirth of Marley

This baby really wanted to be born, he snuck in right under the radar, only days after Ian and I ...

11 replies

What a lovely story Cyathea! Hope all is going well still!

MS251F

Natural birth after C=Section?? What do you think?

Hi Guys, I am pregnant and due in Sept. I would love a natural birth but my first was a C-Section...

3 replies

I know what you mean... My 1st was a C sec 17 months ago.. and i would love to have a VBAC next time round... But my blood pressure...

KirkieW

Is it true...

...that in Australia after July 2010 it will be illegal to have a home birth with only a midwife ...

11 replies

Im shocked at how uninformed women are in terms of complications ()in or out of hosp)! cord round neck does not [automatically] = de...

Kellz04

Wanted Pregnant Ladies in ROTORUA! CBE Student Needs Your Help!!

Hello Ladies!! My name is Kelly and I am doing a Diploma in Childbirth Education (through Aorak...

Sara_Doula

Student Doula Available in Brisbane!

Hi ladies, I am a Student Doula with Childbirth International and as apart of my training I am ...

StrawberryJane

Elimination communication?

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has tried this and had luck with it. My 4 month old bf bub use...

1 reply

Hi, We've been doing EC since DD was born (got some funny looks in hospital!). She used to poo every feed, to begin with, and now ...

murphybabe1

long or quick labour

I had my waters brocken at 2cm with my first baby(i was going to be induced but doctor did this b...

34 replies

i've only had 1 child and basically was in hospital for 2 hrs (birthing room 30minitues) when daughter was born. Thought was in lab...

Kellz04

Wanted Pregnant Ladies in ROTORUA! CBE Student Needs Your Help!!

picklepot

Homebirth or not?

Hi all I had a pretty easy birth with DD1 no meds etc and delivered her into a pool at the hospit...

5 replies

Thanks all for you advice. I think that afterall if DH isnt happy then maybe I should go to hospital. And after reading all the su...

beckygirl

Home birth after c-section...please share...

Hi I am strongly considering a HB and had a c-section 3.5 years ago... I would really love to hea...

3 replies

Look on http://www.capersbookstore.com.au for books on VBAC's and homebirths