Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Home Births & Drug Free Births

Home Births & Drug Free Births

The_Sage_Mother

Unassisted Freebirth anyone?

Hello everyone, I'm not asking for a debate on here but just anyones experience in their Freebirth?

7 replies

I have had four births - 2 in Africa i in uk and one in Oz - all natural and like some people have commented 'all went well' up to t...

ElyseHunt

birth registration

hey i had a homebirth last week and im now trying to organise paperwork... (baby bonus and birth...

4 replies

I had an unassisted birth with my 10 month old baby, I saw my doc when I was 41 weeks pregnant for a nasty cough I had, so when bub ...

missfit

Orgasmic Birth

This was lent to me by my midwife and I finally got around to watching it yesterday. Its incredib...

8 replies

Posted by: missfit Lol, I was a bit unsure about it but I curled up with Munchkin when he wasn't well and we watched it together. It...

Cazalonia

Does anyone know what accupressure points can help during labour?

Hi there I am hoping to give birth drug free and have heard applying pressure to some points on ...

1 reply

Brilliant! Thanks very much for that advice

asha015

New homebirth laws??

Hi, I am nearly 7 weeks pregnant with my second bub and am really wanting a homebirth this time. ...

13 replies

All the best, glad you found some one! Personally i wouldnt do it,(and my ob commented that I'd be a great candidate for one follow...

Mum of 2 under 1

Just wanted to share this

I wanted to share this beautiful clip with you all and I hope it gives you inspiration in to how ...

7 replies

Posted by: Mum of 2 under 1 I am hoping for a home birth with baby #3 but Hubby does not like the idea. Ill se if he will come arou...

~TJK Mum ~

Really want a waterbirth!!j But scared i'll be induced again

Hi ladies, I had GD with my DS and had to be induced 1 week early from High blood pressure. I am...

4 replies

I went through evey test under the sun and had a very stressful pregnancy because of it so i'm starting to think a private ob isnt t...

wife-mother-women

water birth

i had a water birth in the labour ward in the hosital with the midwifes. it was such a beautiful ...

12 replies

It was great reading all of these posts I had my first midwife appt yesterday and she recommended I consider having a waterbirth wi...

im still unsure

hi there, I had a epi and it was great i was almost falling asleep I also was induced and had a ...

15 replies

both my births i had planned no drugs, with both i only had the gas. the first i only had 3 sucks of the gas, but then went had no d...

angie11

Hypnobirthing

Hi guys, Im 23 with my second bub due Dec 19th My first labour was HIDIOUS, Camryn would have be...

9 replies

ebay stuff Keep your eye out on ebay, they often do have hypnobirth stuff... And I've got a hypnosis CD from JB Hi-Fi before, so ma...

knz

From a Home Water Birth Plan to Big Hospital Stay + Heart Surgery *4 weeks to go*

So as the subject says I was planning a home water birth and now we have found that our bubs has ...

7 replies

Posted by: OC1246 Even though you are having a hospital birth - everything you have learnt so far still stands. You are going into ...

missfit

'The Calm'

Yep I'm posting it in here to as personally I feel it is relevant. With Munchkin we didn't know I...

1 reply

Yes, you just reminded me of that "CALM" feeling I got just before my labour started. I felt like I was dreaming and I just floated ...

Convincing hubby to have a home birth

I was just wondering if anyone out there had managed to successfully change their DH mind in rega...

4 replies

Yes I had kinda heard about all of that but didnt realise when it was coming in and of course my "potential" baby will be born after...

Home birth - Lotus birth

Hi I was just wondering if anyone out there has had a Lotus birth and what their experiences wit...

3 replies

Howdy! I am in SA as well. Just remember it is your birth. You can choose to have a lotus birth. The hospital or gps don't have to ...

labour tens

Hi, Not sure how much help I will be. LOL We bought a TENS machine when I was pregnant with DS...

4 replies

Hi, I used a Tens machine during my labour & did find it provided some relief. My understanding is that the TENS is supposed to hur...

3 cheeky boys

c-section

No I haven't experienced that scenario. I guess it comes down to how much you trust your care pr...

1 reply

I guess it comes down to you finding out all your options, discussing them with your lmc and weighing them up. It may not be what yo...

Vanessa H

HOMEBIRTH RALLY ON MONDAY!

It would be wonderful if you are able to attend the rally on Monday, and/or forward this on to ev...

New no replies Be the first to reply »

Injection after birth to deliver placenta

Is it a necessary thing or do the hospital just do it for some odd reason?

50 replies

I'm not intersted in entering the debate as to whether it's necessary for everyone (it's a personal choice) but just wanted to add t...

~TJK Mum ~

Breathing Techniques for labour?

Hi ladies, I was wondering if anyone still teaches lamaze breathing classes for pregnant mums? W...

8 replies

There are two books that I highly recomend for anybody wanting to aim for a drug free birth. A Labour of Love by Gabrielle Targett ...

missfit

And my midwife makes three...

Read this. I like it, its a good wee article. I'm exploring the site <span class="emoticon smi...

1 reply

Thanks for sharing, very cool article!!

ElyseHunt

Yay for homebirth

I noticed the "homebirth & drug free births" has been ignored as of late...so i'm going to bump i...

9 replies

Lovely to hear of your beautiful homebirth I love them too. [Edited on 28/09/2009]

Vanessa H

Im considering homebirth :)

Hi everyone i need your help! I am pregnant with #2 and am considering home birth. Just wanting...

3 replies

thank you ladies I have pm'd you both! I have alot of reading to do so no doubt will be back with more questions

Doula Issue

Sorry but im not sure if this is the right section to post in. Im wondering if anyone can help m...

21 replies

Babycoach you seem to have a bit of a problem with doulas I am sensing?! You are completely correct - a doula is a 'helper' which is...

pinkpiglet

Studying at CQU

Hi My name is Andrea and i am commencing my Grad Dip at CQU next month. Is there any one else go...

1 reply

I did mid at CQU ten years ago - sorry hun like me we should have just done an online doula course in a day and then set up our own ...

C_hippie_kiwi

A change from all the midwife "bashing"

Here is a story about a DR being involved in a birth that resulted in death. Funny how these usu...

29 replies

have to agree with no longer a member - I am a midwife and had 4 kids before becoming a midwife...can see both sides of the story to...

C_hippie_kiwi

Random Thoughts

Ok, so I don't generally have random thoughts, as anyone who knows my post history will probably ...

27 replies

Posted by: Freyajack I went to antenatal classes with my DD who is now 8.5 months old as I have an 18 year age gap between my two ki...

MummyGia

Ex Obstetrician talking Homebirths in parliment

this is great, a liberal MP who used to be an obstetrician, speaking on the facts of homebirth! ...

3_miracles

Any doulas in Bunbury or South West Australia?

Anyone know of any doulas in the greater Bunbury area?? I see a few in Perth but I need someone ...

2 replies

Thanks I found some

natalie(nat)

Home Birth

Having help at hand to deal with a bad situation is more important than being in familiar atmosph...

89 replies

There is a bit of an assumption that goes on about birth, and that is that things happen fast. In fact, for the majority of women t...

MrsMM

Home Birth Petition

ba DONK DONK better put the link on huh lmao sorry this is what i got emailed... Hi, I wanted t...

10 replies

me too - done!!!

JasmineG

Kaleeya

Hi everyone!! Has Anyone given a waterbirth at Kaleeya? xx

mum_to_matt

Homebirth Info

Ok I have just over 3 months to go before bub comes along and I am now seriously considering a ho...

2 replies

Hey Yay for considering a homebirth...i've just given birth to my beautiful baby boy Mikah who is 2 weeks old today...initially i ...

mumaof3

homebirth kits

Does anyone know where you can get homebirth supplies from? I have seen things like homebirth ki...

4 replies

Hey, we had a homebirth 2 weeks ago....however we had a midwife for ours, althought she didnt make it to birth in time so it was luc...

I know this isn't the right place to post......

But there isn't really a place for us hospital birthers!!! lol I love reading this section of th...

8 replies

I have experience two drug free, hospital births. I was lucky enough not to have any complication with my first two births, and the ...

Chasing some info

Just chasing some info on homebirths in WA. If anyone is able to help me out I would be appreciat...

1 reply

I may be wrong but I think if you're rejected by the Community Midwifery Programme then you don't really have other options. Perso...

paper work with home birth

im pretty sure the midwife sorts most of the forms etc out.. well mine is anyway

5 replies

Congratulations, Elyse! That's really lovely news. Hope you're enjoying your little man ]

loulou40

Women's Rights to Homebirth Canberra Rally

Hi Everyone, Just received the following in an email and thought i'd pass it on Quote: HOME - ...

ElyseHunt

Immunisations???

Hey everyone... I've noticed over the last couple of months that there has been a few threads on...

41 replies

THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU

MrsMM

Moved:Home Birth Petition

This post has been moved to another forum. View original post

*~*Mia~Emily*~*

Home births to become illegal!

I read this too earlier and thought exactly the same. If women want to have children at home, go ...

22 replies

Just reading the Courier Mail today and there was a tiny paragraph (almost missable if you didnt look at everything) about home birt...