Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Drugs in the birth centre? Rss

Ive been accepted into the birth centre at RBWH. I dont want an epidural at this stage, however this is my first pregnancy and i really have no idea of what i am in for. I understand the birth centre is no epidural... does anyone know what, if at all medications are allowed in the birth centre, ie gas? I have a midwife app tomorrow however i feel a little naive asking (i know thats what they are there for.....)
TIA x
Bumping up smile

They will have gas but you will have to ask for it. I had my DD in a birth centre. I had some gas and I also had sterile water injections.

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

MissBEAUtiful wrote:
They will have gas but you will have to ask for it. I had my DD in a birth centre. I had some gas and I also had sterile water injections.

I have heard of the sterile water injections, ill ask about that tomorrow. Im hoping for a water birth, ive heard it is supposed to help with pain and make labuor quicker... heres hoping.

Thanks girls smile
Rosie Mumma, thanks for thats, thats what i was hopng for, im open to other drugs just not liking the idea of an epi. Id love a water birth so i really want to hold out and stay in the birthcentre.
I was under the impression if i need to be induced they would send me on down to the suites. If that is the case i cant see how i will be in the centre as majority of my friends have gone over.
Im having all my appointments at nundah, first one today, and tonight pregnancy physio class. Thinks its all starting to feel all the more real now.
How are you doing it? How far along are you?
smile
Best of luck ladies!

I went through RBWH Birth Centre with my DD - wish I knew about hte mothers group! It was never mentioned to me and I went through the Nundah clinic.

I met with my midwife yesterday, im definately feeling better. She said drugs that are available are gas, morphine and sterile water injection. And, as you said they do do inductions just depends on the reasoning as to whether you can stay in the birth centre or not.
Does the mother group meet on tuesday mornings? Im still working fulltime, i may have to wait til bub is here.
smile
Sign in to follow this topic