Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Home Birth Rss

I was reading on another forum about Home Birth.

What's your view/opinion on the subject?
Having help at hand to deal with a bad situation is more important than being in familiar atmosphere.

I dont want to do it ...but go for your life if that is your thing !!

personally ...being that far away from an epidural does not make me feel calm at all !! lol lol lo
Not something I would do. I would prefer to be at the hospital where I could get help straight away if something was to go wrong with me or my baby.
i seriously could not care where women choose to have their children...
Posted by: Luke-n-Grace
personally ...being that far away from an epidural does not make me feel calm at all !! lol lol lo

ahahahahahahahahhahahaha that is too funny!!! I totally agree with you though,LOL.
All good, Greg will attend a class called CSection delivery 101 in preparation.
Posted by: Kate,Jaz_and_Zachy
All good, Greg will attend a class called CSection delivery 101 in preparation.

Are you 'Up the Duff' Kate???? Congratulations!
EXCELLENT post, Nat.

The government is currently trying to make it illegal for midwives to have insurance yadda yadda yadda therefore home births will subsequently become illegal.

I think this is really really wrong.

It makes me mad when people say that home birth is dangerous, homebirth is stupid, and people who homebirth are just foolish.
Homebirth is obviosly not a choice for everyone. BUT

BUT BUT BUT it IS a choice for women. It is importnt that women have choices. Generations before us fought so hard for some form of equality for women , and we reap the benefits of those fights now. We are very lucky to live in a country where we do have such wonderful choices.

So i feel that women will be disadvantaged if the government succeeds in making homebirths illegal etc. Many many many women choose to birth their babies in hospital. Many choose epidurals. Many choose water births and gas. These all all birth choices. So is homebirth. I think its so important to leave our choices open. Sure, homebirth may be suited for a small percentage of women, and many 'non' homebirthers may not agree with the concept and act of homebirth. BUT we must agree as women that our choices are important and we must not let them be taken from us!!!!!!!!!!

I will also add that i have unfortunately had many choices taken away from me during birth, and have had 2 c sec...
i am not a homebirther. Nor am i a 'natural' birther. BUT i AM a woman, and i support my fellow women and the choices that are available to us. Lets keep our choices of how to birth our babies!!!!!
Luc.

eeewww I ain't cleaning up THAT mess!!
Yeah, sure Nat... As I said, Greg will do the CSection....
here's a petition you may like to do, its free!! and will help the plight of homebirth !!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/australianhomebirth/

Sign in to follow this topic