Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Surrogacy journey Rss

Well, first you should try via IVF then keep surrogacy as a second option. So, yeah! That's how it goes! I've seen women going this way. So, yeah! Don't lose hope. Keep trying! You can go this way. BEST OF LUCK!
Hey Jenelia. I'm very sorry to hear your story. This is a very depressing thing to go through. But don't give up. Not just yet. Who said you won't have a family. You sure as well will. Explore your options. Look into surrogacy and IVF. I opted for both. IVF didn't work me. But surrogacy got me, my child. Reach out to fertility clinics. They'll have the solution to all of your problems. Stay strong my dear.
Well it's definitely worth considering surrogacy options throughout the world to see your list of countries will get shorter and shorter. I personally did a huge research work on surrogacy in the US and the UK first. And the situation there turned out to be not that simple. Taking for ex. US frst, surrogacy there is overwhelmingly expensive. Costs vary from $60 to 150k! Unless you have a kind friend willing to carry the baby for you. If things go wrong (A surrogate backing out or a miscarriage) you will have to pay at least $5k to match with another surrogate. Also you'll have to do their health workup through the agency. Seems there are so many costs that could be added at any time! Furthermore, it seems so unreasonable that most of that cost goes to the agency or lawyer. (Rather than the surrogate, who receives on average of $20k for the pregnancy in the US.) Moreover in some states, surrogate mothers retain a parental right to the child. They can even pursue custody. Even though the embryos placed in the surrogate have both of your DNA, the surrogate mother’s name is on the birth certificate! Then you have to go through the process of adopting the baby in court.
Then looking onto the UK surrogacy options. The woman who gives birth is always treated as the mother in UK law. She has the right to keep the child. Even if they’re not genetically related!! However, parenthood can be transferred by parental order or adoption. Surrogacy contracts aren’t enforced by UK law. Even if you’ve a signed deal with your surrogate and have paid for her expenses!! It’s illegal to pay a surrogate in the UK. (Except for their reasonable expenses.) The child’s legal father or ‘second parent’ will be the surrogate’s husband or partner unless:
Legal rights are given to someone else through a parental order or adoption;
The surrogate’s husband or civil partner didn’t give their permission to their wife or partner.
If your surrogate has no partner (Or they’re unmarried and not in a civil partnership) the child will have no legal father or second parent unless the partner actively consents.
In my opinion all things mentioned don't make the process smooth. Again, you pay and wait and may be left childless at the end, sounds frustrating..
Finally Ukraine. After much gleaning in forums it becomes clear that Ukraine has some useful options to offer. First, surrogacy there is relatively affordable. With all-inclusive plans starting at 32k up to 50k, which covers absolutely everything outside of your plane tickets! Among services transportation, food, accommodations. All things that involve IVF for you if you are using your own eggs, surrogate screening and medical costs, birth at the hospital. It is also the same price if you choose to use donor eggs instead. It is a nice back-up plan to have if things don’t work out with your own-- at no additional cost!! This blews away. It's a rare thing to see this kind of all-inclusive plan anywhere else. The best part about it is that they guarantee you a baby. If the first surrogate doesn’t work out, they will try again with another using your frozen embryos until they are successful. We have encountered other couples who chose Ukraine purely for the guarantee factor of a baby at biotexcom. Also ukrainian law favors the intended parents rather than the surrogate. Under it the baby is yours from the moment of conception. Once the baby is born, the birth certificate is issued with your names. The surrogate cannot claim any rights. Lastly, the procedure is time-wise there. IP don't have to put in yrs before actual start of the program.
Hi. I am so sorry to hear about this. It makes me so worried. How are you anyway? I hope you are good and well. I really want you to be alright. I have been through this phase. And I know how hard it is. For all of us. But don't worry. We are all in this together. And we will support each other to the way out of this hurdle. Thanks to science for providing us with so many alternatives. I have had good and bad experiences. The worst was with clinics that were unsupportive. One of them was Adonis. They claimed so much on their sites. But gave nothing. and showed a totally insensitive behavior. They broke my spirit. and I will never forget that. Good luck.
I will suggest you surrogacy because i have been through this by myself that is why i will suggest surrogacy. It is better to suggest others from which you have gone through. I am going through the successful journey of surrogacy that is why i am telling you about it.
I had hysterectomy cancer from my adulthood. I had proper treatment of it and i was cancer free. But i was infertile for life.
But my husband always supported me and we decided to start our journey of surrogacy. We lived in Japan and surrogacy is totally banned here. So we moved to Ukraine. There we found a very good clinic regarding surrogacy. We started our journey there. The clinic is very good the whole clinic is to cooperative with there clients. From that clinic our surrogacy journey started and it was a success. The clinic is now arranging an event soon. The event will be for reproductive techniques.
I am so sorry to hear all of your stories. Being a woman i can understand that. It must have been devastating to go through this. I do not understand why people make it difficult with not providing facilities that infertile couples need. Surrogacy is a really good treatment for infertile couples. But clinics like L*****s are really giving surrogacy a bad name and impression for the infertile couples. Not replying back, and not caring about their clients. I pray that these infertile couples do not contact l****s again. I think that is the only way through which they will understand that what they are doing is wrong. Everyone should be aware of these clinics and not waste any time on them. I have faced this issue too. I was looking for a good clinic to go forward with my surrogacy procedure, to find a good surrogate mother, but because of these scam clinics i had lost hope. Until, someone told me about a clinic which were really good, and they did give feedback and alert their clients about surrogacy. I have yet to visit them, but i am sure they will be very helpful, and nothing like the L****s clinic. I hope your journey is safe and tension free. Best of luck.
Hey, I can completely understand this is a difficult situation to handle. It can get really hard for one in such a situation. IVF and IUI were really a disaster for me. They failed due to poor egg quality I decided to go for the surrogaccy process. I made to go for surrogacy. I went for it to a clinic in Europe. Now I have a baby. Wish you the best of luck. I pray that all goes well for you.
Hey! Please don't be so upset. I hate seeing you this way. It really is a tough time TTC. I would recommend being as patient as possible. You shouldn't stress too much. IVF isn't always successful in the first rounds. However, If you think you want to give surrogacy a try and have the means for that then do go ahead. It's definitely more of a sure shot. Also, it'll be less stress on yourself. Look up a good clinic and go for it. Wishing you all the best! Love. Keep us updated!
Hey, I hope you are doing well. Both these procedures are very different. It is in the sense that it all depends on your infertility. If you are someone who is producing eggs and has a functioning uterus then you can opt for IVF. However, if not then surrogacy is the next best option. Apart from these difference the next category is DE. You can do both these procedures with that as well. When I opted for surrogacy from a clinic I at first myself was really confused! It was the doctors at the clinic that helped me out. They studied my case and told me the possible solutions. So you can visit them as well. I hope you are able to make a decision soon. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust your way. Do keep us updated.
Hello dear, I hope you are in your good health. Well, I feel sorry for you. I think surrogacy will be best for you. I am a little biased for surrogacy. I am opting for it for myself at a clinic in Europe. The clinic has all the best facilities. And they have made me satisfy that the aftershocks of my miscarriage won't affect my surrogacy. This is the best clinic for me. I hope surrogacy helps me.
Sign in to follow this topic