Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Losing my baby twice ............

Losing my baby twice ............ Rss

Ugh where do I start.... Tuesday 25th Feb I was told by my GP that my baby wasn't growing and that I had miscarried. I went numb .. this pregnancy was going to be my last as I'd recently been informed I need a hysterectomy due to adenocarcinoma In situ - pre cancerous cells on my cervix ... this diagnosis happened only 6 months ago! So once I found out I was pregnant I was ecstatic this would be the last baby and complete our little family. Devastated, numb and heart broken my husband and I sat in the common room as there was no beds available for an hour before being seen by a doctor who explained the process and sent me home as there was no beds available. After coming to terms (only just) with what was to come my husband and I go back to the hospital Wed 26th at 8am for the procedure to begin that day. I got admitted into my room #20 and waited until the nurse came in and took my bloods, they wanted to check my HCG levels. Within an hour the doctor comes in and says that my levels are up a bit and while the pregnancy doesn't quite look correct it is too early to say for sure that I was miscarrying and I would not be going through the miscarriage process today. I was devastated, my husband was fuming all this energy and emotional stress had been towards losing our child only to be told no not today we aren't 100% sure this isn't a viable pregnancy and would require me to have an ultrasound in 10 days time to confirm if indeed I had lost the baby or not. They didn't promise me anything but gave me hope only to tell me they are 80% sure that the pregnancy isn't viable. So now I'm sitting in a suspended hell for the next 10 days until the ultrasound which falls on my 1st babies 2nd birthday with the news I'm expecting of you have miscarried. I'm hurt, angry, shattered, numb, devastated and don't know what to do next ..............Anyone had anything similar? and how did you cope?
Oh you poor girl. That is so stressful. I can't offer advice but hang in there. Fingers crossed and good luck. Xx
So sorry sad I had to wait 7 days to have a repeat ultrasound. I just prepared myself for the worst & sadly that was the case. It's hell, you will be glad when it's over. Good luck.
unfortunately this was the case for me. Friday 7th March I started bleeding and cramping and ended up in WCH hospital in Adelaide. I had a d&c on Saturday and am now home recovering. Definitely not the news we were hoping for but emotionally we had already mourned the loss of our baby so it made it a little easier I think sad .. THANK YOU all for your advice and support its been amazing and we are truly grateful xx
So sorry for your loss & your bad news regarding the pre-cancerous cells, what a stressful shitty time you are having. I had 2 miscarriages last year, the 2nd being the worst. I had low hcg levels that doubled in the beginning so we thought that was a good sign only to find at 5wks it was too early for a heartbeat. Repeated ultrasound at 7wks & was told that I had something in the sac but it wasn't a 7wk foetus & to head straight to my gp & to expect a miscarriage. I was then sent straight to the hospital to be seen by the early pregnancy clinic which confirmed things did not look good but because there was a slight growth of the sac they wanted to wait another week before going ahead with a d&c. A week later the ob at the hospital confirmed that we had lost our baby again. I cannot tell you how heartbroken I was & still am but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I was then sent upstairs & the only available room was in the maternity ward so here I was about to have the mysoprostil inserted to help the miscarriage along, surrounded by new mums with their babies & visitors. I was lucky to have a beautiful older midwife that did not leave my side as she felt so bad that they had to put me in the middle of it all. The following day I passed everything at home which was terrible as I was unsure if I was supposed to flush it or pick it up out of the toilet, I decided to flush as I think holding the sac would have been more traumatic. Within an hour I was in an ambulance heading back to the hospital as I had uncontrollable bleeding & stayed overnight. They helped clear out the cervix which seemed to slow the bleeding so I was allowed home the following day. Fast forward another week & I was booked in to have a d&c as there was still a lot left over. It has been exactly 4mths since I had the op & up until a few days ago I thought I was doing ok but I think it is finally hitting me, I am heartbroken & so scared to try again, but if we are meant to be blessed with number 3 (hubbies number 4) then it will happen. Sorry for the essay just needed to get it out. I wish you well on your recovery & hope you have good support at home xx
Oh, my. Your story is heart-wrenching. The wait is the most merciless killer. It just breaks your nerves. And that too on a miscarriage? I cannot even begin to imagine your pain. As this was long ago. I assume you must've been doing well by now. I know you've been. You are a strong woman. My heart goes out to you. And if you still want a baby, opt for surrogacy. It'll work out for you. Stay strong. You're in my prayers.
Hey honey, stop blaming yourself please. Miscarriages are so normal in the times we live in. I mean 1 out of 5 pregnancies become miscarriages. maybe its the diet of these days or something like that. Anyways just try to keep a healthy mind about it. I think these questions are best asked from an expert. A doctor will help you with all the precautions necessary to take. You will get pregnant soon enough do not worry. Take care of yourself love.sending happy thoughts and baby dust your way.
thank you everyone for your wonderful thoughts smile and kind words ... i have had good news since this post. i have given birth to a baby girl who is believe it or not 1 tomorrow. I cannot believe how much i have been through in the last 10 years culminating in my husband walking out on me after cheating on me for a second time ... (goodbye and good riddance to bad rubbish i say) .... my passing advice is keep strong to those who have angel babies xo my thoughts are now with you
Hello Dear, how are you doing? Hope you are doing well. Sorry to hear about your miscarriages. You suffered a lot. It must be hard for you. Words are not enough to console you. I can understand your pain. We are in the same boat. I had 3 miscarriages before. Then doctors diagnosis infertility. I recommend you should have to go for surrogacy. Surrogacy is a blessing. i am also looking for a clinic. Lately i contacted Lotus clinic for treatment. But they replied rudely and also the rates are very high as compare to other clinics. No doubt Ukraine have the best clinics for surrogacy. But Lotus is not in one of them. They are mistreating patients. My friend faced the same issues with them. So beware of such clinics. Good luck
So sorry for your loss & your bad news regarding the pre-cancerous cells, what a stressful shitty time you are having. Accept my deepest condolences. I had 2 miscarriages last year, the 2nd being the worst. I had low HCG levels than doubled in the beginning so we thought that was a good sign only to find at 5wks it was too early for a heartbeat. A week later the ob at the hospital confirmed that we had lost our baby again. I cannot tell you how heartbroken I was & still am but I guess it wasn't meant to be. My heart goes out to you. And if you still want a baby, opt for surrogacy. It'll work out for you I wish you well on your recovery & hope you have good support at home xx
Oh, my god. This is awful news. I can't believe it! How are you holding up? It must be so hard for you. Miscarriages are the worst thing in the world. I had a horrible experience, it probably was something to do with the clinic, too. The horrible clinic, Adonis. I'm glad I got out in time. But, my miscarriage, is something I will never get over. My prayers are with you. I hope things get better for you. Good luck to you. At least you already have children, honey. Sending baby dust your way. Don't lose hope okay?
Charlotte21 wrote:
Oh, my god. This is awful news. I can't believe it! How are you holding up? It must be so hard for you. Miscarriages are the worst thing in the world. I had a horrible experience, it probably was something to do with the clinic, too. The horrible clinic, Adonis. I'm glad I got out in time. But, my miscarriage, is something I will never get over. My prayers are with you. I hope things get better for you. Good luck to you. At least you already have children, honey. Sending baby dust your way. Don't lose hope okay?

I'm sorry poor thing you had to go through this. MC definitely leaves the scar. But time will heal your wonds. I'm so sorry you're blaming your clinic for not being professional. It's always hard to get annoying excuses instead of explanations. The right clinic choice is always not easy. But having found the right one is halfway to success I believe. Take care.
Sign in to follow this topic