Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Miscarriage Question Rss

Hi There,
I'm new on the forum so my apologies in advance if this is tmi! I'm 5w4d today and on Wednesday (5w1d) I experienced some light bleeding at night which tapered off the next day to brown spotting and since the end of Thursday I have had nothing at all. I had my first antenatal bloods done on Monday and my hcg level was 8100 (quite high) and when i had a beta done on Thursday they were down to 1900. So I am resigned to the fact that i have lost this baby, but the thing that concerns me is that the bleeding has stopped before it really began, no cramping just occasional twinges and i still have nausea and tender breasts. Is this normal? Is the bleeding likely to start again? Hoping that someone may have experienced this. My midwife is out of the country as of today and i don't know her backup, so don't really have anyone to ask. Thanks!
Sorry for your loss. But as early as you were you might not have too much to lose sad I have had a couple of early losses as one was just like a period and the other was spotting for a couple of weeks. It is hard to say what will happen as everyone is so different.

If you are still spotting after a could of weeks it's probably worth checking to make sure you don't have retained product.

Take it easy for a few days and try and do something nice for yourself.

Thanks Ladies. I've been really upset but also feeling very lucky to have my mr almost 4. It's his birthday on Tuesday so trying to focus on that. I'm just so scared that i am going to start bleeding when i'm out or at work next week. But i don't want to sit at home and wait either. This just sucks all round.
Thanks Little Miss smile

My midwife is away for two weeks. I don't know the backup as it was quite early to have a midwife but i really wanted the same wonderful lady who i had with my first. I'm thinking i may go to my GP on monday if nothing has happened, more for piece of mind and so that i can start to process everything and feel better for Tuesday.
Just a quick update.

I went to my GP today and she rechecked the HCG results, turns out my midwife was given the wrong amount. She was told that it was 1900 on Thursday but it turns out they missed a 0 and it was actually 19200! So doubling nicely and my results on Saturday were still rising. They sent me for a scan to rule out an ectopic or blighted ovum and I had a perfectly measuring little bubba with a HEARTBEAT! I was so relieved I cried. I still have spotting so my GP has recommended that I still get the dating scan planned for 8 weeks, fingers crossed all is still well then.

Thanks so much for your support over the weekend ladies, geez it has been quite the roller coaster!
Hello there. Hope you are good. I am so sorry to hear about loss. This is so heart wrenching. This loss is the worst of all. I had 2 m/c’s. After this, I was informed that I cannot ever conceive. Not naturally at least. This broke me. I can totally relate to your sadness. This is hard times for you. Look; you need to have faith. You need to have belief. I know this is easy to say. I had hopes of conceiving but I didn’t know how. Have to consult the doctors? I am sure you still have high hopes. I conceived artificially at BioTexComelp you can comment here. If you needed further All the best. Clair ..
Hello there. Hope you are good. I am so sorry to hear about the loss. This is so heartbreaking. This loss is hard to overcome. I had 3 miscarriages. After this, I was informed that I was not able to conceive ever. Naturally, it was impossible. This really broke me. I can totally relate to your sadness. This is hard times for you. Look you have to be brave. You need to have trust in yourself. I know this is easy to say. I had hopes of conceiving but I didn’t know how. I had the same situation. I was alone but my DH supported me. In the end, I decided to go for surrogacy. I went to a clinic in Europe. Now I have a baby. I am a happy mother now.
Expectation you are great. I am so sorry to learn about the misfortune. This is so tragic. This misfortune is difficult to overcome. I have faced infertility for 10 years. T. This extremely broke me. Io has babies naturally was not possible. I can absolutely understand your misery. This is tough circumstances for you. Look you must get through it. You need confide in yourself. I know this is anything but difficult to state. I had a similar circumstance. I was alone except my better half supported me. At last, I chose to go for surrogacy. I went to a facility in Europe. Presently I have a child. I am a glad mother now.
Don't worry dear.
There is a solution to every problem today.
If you are unable to have a baby from your own womb then why not you go for surrogacy.
Surrogacy is the most common method of having a baby with your own DNA.
Don't lose any hope dear i'm also 43 years old and i have also no luck with kids.
I had many complications regarding pregnancy.I conceived for 3 times but resulted in miscarriages every time.So i also gave up on getting pregnant again and again.I researched over the web for different methods of having babies and i came across surrogacy.Surrogacy is a good solution for mothers like us who can't have a baby of their own.While researching about surrogacy i came across a clinic named BioTexCom many times.There are very positive reviews about it over the internet.
So i contacted the clinic and told them my complications they answered my all questions.They cleared my misunderstanding about the surrogacy.
So now i am ready to go for the surrogacy method.
I have persuaded my husband to go for surrogacy.He is ready if we can have a baby via surrogacy of our own DNA's.
The clinic will find a good surrogate for our baby.
If someone has any review and suggestion for a clinic please let us know.So that we can learn from you.
Paggie909 wrote:
Don't worry dear.
There is a solution to every problem today.
If you are unable to have a baby from your own womb then why not you go for surrogacy.
Surrogacy is the most common method of having a baby with your own DNA.
Don't lose any hope dear i'm also 43 years old and i have also no luck with kids.
I had many complications regarding pregnancy.I conceived for 3 times but resulted in miscarriages every time.So i also gave up on getting pregnant again and again.I researched over the web for different methods of having babies and i came across surrogacy.Surrogacy is a good solution for mothers like us who can't have a baby of their own.While researching about surrogacy i came across a clinic named BioTexCom many times.There are very positive reviews about it over the internet.
So i contacted the clinic and told them my complications they answered my all questions.They cleared my misunderstanding about the surrogacy.
So now i am ready to go for the surrogacy method.
I have persuaded my husband to go for surrogacy.He is ready if we can have a baby via surrogacy of our own DNA's.
The clinic will find a good surrogate for our baby.
If someone has any review and suggestion for a clinic please let us know.So that we can learn from you.

Paggie, I hope your process goes well. Now that I am in the middle of the process there are a few things that I have observed throughout my way. One thing that really matters is the clinic you visit. If the clinic is experienced and is working professionally your process will go really well. One of the reasons why I am so satisifed with how things are going on is due to the fact that they are operating legally and doing everything according to the rules. There were few clinics that abide to the rules and they are one of them. Secondly i,t is really important that the clinic forms a good relation with you. So, the clinic that I am visiting the minute I got in touch with them they were so cooperative. The willingness to help was pretty evident! They even assigned me a manager who helped me assigned my documents and later even told me about which medical reports would be needed by them. So this helped in ensuring that at no point was I confused. I hope I was able to help you out. If there is any paticular question that you want to ask feel free to do so. Sending baby dust your way. Do keep us updated.
Sign in to follow this topic