Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Miscarriage at 10 weeks Rss

I recently just suffered a miscarriage at 10 weeks gestation (less than a week ago) and have found that my breasts are leaking. Losing the baby has been hard enough but now Ive got milk coming through and I feel like its just more torture..Has anybody else who's suffered a miscarriage also had this leaky problem? If so how long will it last for? My heart goes out to those who have also lost babies xoxox

I recently just suffered a miscarriage at 10 weeks gestation (less than a week ago) and have found that my breasts are leaking. Losing the baby has been hard enough but now Ive got milk coming through and I feel like its just more torture..Has anybody else who's suffered a miscarriage also had this leaky problem? If so how long will it last for? My heart goes out to those who have also lost babies xoxox

Firstly
I am soooo sorry for your loss!
I myself have had 2 misscarriages, however none of those my breast were leaking(that I can remember) so have no idea whats going on there sorry.

Just hang in there, I know its hard being reminded about what you have lost but in time it will get easier.

xx

I have also had 2 miscarriages (8 & 6wks) & an ectopic (5wks). I never had leaky breasts & am suprised as u were only 10wks, did ur breasts feel heavier or full before u miscarried?
I am now a proud mother of my miracle baby who's 14mths old, and still i had alot of issues with producing milk & him being 5wks premmi didnt help the situation. So, unfortunately I can't offer u an explanation... but i do advise u talk to ur GP or community nurse. May I ask if had a curret done? Cause maybe its something hormonne related?
I feel for ur loss, And wish u all the best in recovering from the heart ache & u get soem answers soon. :/
I have had a number of miscarriages too and a still birth. I only got the leaks with the still birth because it was after 20 weeks. I was given medication to suppress milk production, I would go back to the GP and ask for that as soon as you can, from memory it was called Parlodel (?), but that was a few years ago. In the meantime take care of your boobies because you don't want to develop mastitis on top of everything else.

The biggest thing right now is to look after yourself physically and emotionally. There are a lot of ladies on this site that have been through miscarriage and infant loss, so feel free to talk about it with us.

I have heard of this happening. Just don't do anything to stimulate your breasts - avoid having them under hot showers, try not to touch them too much and most certainly don't try and express them (which I'm sure you don't want to do). Losing a baby is cruel and the physical effects of bleeding and in your case the leaking breasts makes it even worse as you have that reminder. Big hugs for you, allow yourself to grieve and treat yourself to some nice things. Spend time with your partner, he'll be grieving too sad It gets a bit easier as time goes on

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

i have had 2 miscarriages and i cant remember having any leaking breasts... i think you might need to speak to your GP and he might prescribe some medication to stop the milk...

take care of yourself and your partner... one day at a time... in time it will get better for you emotionally

I'm so sorry for your loss sad

I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks and had some leaking but I had only stopped breastfeeding my older daughter 12 weeks before that.

I recently lost another baby at 20 weeks and was given a tablet to stop the milk production. It came in within a few hours of her being born but the tablet helped a lot and it stopped within a day.

You can get this medication from your GP if you feel your breasts becoming very full, however if it's just leaking I'm not sure they'll prescribe it.

Again I'm so sorry for your loss, please take care of yourself

xx
hi ladies thank you so so much for your kind and caring words..havnt had the energy or courage to leave my house as of yet but really want to get on top of the leaky boobs problem..have had a look online and found a natural remedy to stop lactating so its in the mail..
Hi, is there an active miscarriage thread? thanks
Sign in to follow this topic