Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Transverse lie position Rss

I am 35 weeks and bubs is in a transverse position, so laying across my stomach.

I know that so much can change in 5 weeks but I wondered if anyone else was transverse at this point and if so, did baby move to head down on its own?

If not, did you have to have a c section?
Thanks!
Not transverse but incomplete breech. Unsure when she turned but they thought she was still breech at 38 weeks and a scan two days later showed head down so...? Next stop would have been to try ECV and if that didn't work there wasn't a huge amount of option here to not have a c section. I don't think there would be any option but a c section for a transverse baby.

Good luck, hope bubs turns for you!

Im another one that didn't have a transverse baby but footling breech. We attempted an ECV and it didn't work. She wouldn't budge- her foot was down and engaged.

I had a section not even a week after the attempted ECV.

I do often wonder if we had left her another week if she would of turned herself. As it happened, im not sure that her foot was still engaged at the moment she was born. I think she had brought it up- but no one was clear about it with me and tbh I didn't really care by that point laugh

GL I hope baby turns for you very soon. From my understanding you don't really have an option with transverse babies.
Thanks shine on, I hope so too!

I have read that it (and breech) is common in bigger bubs - was this the case for you? I think it seems to be because they don't have much room to move. Dr is suspecting a big bub for me, and is sending me for a scan.

I have also heard though that with secondhand subsequent babies, the tummy is stretched so there is more room and so they can move around right to the end. Hopefully this is the case for me...

I really have no idea what to think!
Thanks tickled pink!
How many weeks were you for the ECV and then the c section?
I was 36-37 weeks when she turned. I remember it was a Monday night (that she turned. My goodness, that wasn't a happy night lol) and at the appointment Wed they discovered she had indeed turned breech. I was 37 weeks exactly that day. I was booked in for the ECV the Friday. When the ECV didn't work they processed the paperwork for me to have a section at 38 weeks- but they called me to come in early and she was born 37 weeks, 6 days.

I believe they pushed me through so fast because her foot was engaged and the doctor panicked a little that if I went into labour her foot would birth and we could possibly be in serious danger then.
My 2nd bub was transverse at 35 weeks and she would turn from transverse, to breech to head down all the time. Apparently it's impossible for that to happen but I would go from my obs office where bub was breech drive 2 min away to ultrasound place and she'd suddenly be frank breech go back the 2 min to ob office and he'd feel and she'd be head down. They thought because of this she'd be absolutely tiny but came out at a very healthy 7lb 9oz.

Try not to worry too much until later on. If you do go into labour while bub is still transverse you will have to have a C-section but there is every chance bub will have turned by the time that happens so don't stress

Forever, for always and no matter what

MrsGJunior wrote:
Thanks shine on, I hope so too!

I have read that it (and breech) is common in bigger bubs - was this the case for you? I think it seems to be because they don't have much room to move. Dr is suspecting a big bub for me, and is sending me for a scan.

I have also heard though that with secondhand subsequent babies, the tummy is stretched so there is more room and so they can move around right to the end. Hopefully this is the case for me...

I really have no idea what to think!

Dd was just under 8 lbs at birth. They kept making noises that she may have been too big to turn. Well, she turned by herself and I didn't notice it!!
smile

I had a baby that was transverse at 36 weeks, had an Ecv, then ds turned transverse again by 38 weeks! Was booked in for another Ecv at 40 weeks, but ds had turned head down by then! He was induced but no c section required. He was 9 pound 5.
All the best and good luck.
Both my babies were transverse at 36 weeks. DD1 was turned with an ECV and then I was induced. DD2 turned in labour and both were born naturally

My 2nd was transverse at 36 weeks but she turned by the time I went into labour at 39 weeks.
What you can do to help turn bubs is to make use of gravity and lean forward as often as you can from now on, don't sit or lie on your back. Keep active and scrub the floor or do anything that has you in a forward leaning position.
Sign in to follow this topic