Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

I need Help Rss

I need some help with labour pains and preterm labour. I had preterm labour at 26 weeks and the midwives gave me nifidepine tablets to stop the contractions and betametrasone injections for baby's lungs to mature. I'm now 29 weeks pregnant and have been having on and of bh as strong as they were when I went into labour a couple of weeks ago but they go away when I sit down and relax. And my bowel movements have been a lot softer than normal. Am I in preterm labour again? I'm so confused. It's my third pregnancy and this one is soo much different than my first two. It feels so silly being confused about this.
I would ring your midwife and talk to her. It could be pre-labour but i would be seeking her advice sooner rather than later.
Agree with missy. Ring your mw! Goodluck, hope its nothing smile
Thanks ladies. Phoned the midwife and I had regular contractions and they gave me nifidipine to stop the contractions. Only stayed in hospital overnight on wednesday night for observation. Still don't know why it happened again.
Thanks ladies. Phoned the midwife and I had regular contractions and they gave me nifidipine to stop the contractions. Only stayed in hospital overnight on wednesday night for observation. Still don't know why it happened again.
Sign in to follow this topic