Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

I'm in Pre-Labour!! Rss

Arghhh! A little bit scared, a lot excited... sitting here having contractions.

I am due Sept 17 but am being induced on Monday as per doctor's recommendations. I had a S&S yesterday at home and my midwife was surprised I was already 2cm dilated and said the S&S may very well bring on the labour.

I started getting contractions a couple of hours after the S&S but few and far between. I just started timing them earlier in the morning.. 16 minutes apart.. 14 minutes apart.. now around 7/8 minutes apart.. each is lasting less than a minute though.. not to painful yet, it is.. but just the worst period cramps ever sort of level...

think I have a long way to go yet? Or am I getting excited over nothing? this is baby number 1 (pregnancy number 2)
good luck smile my contractions only lasted 20 seconds each, they never went over that and period pain cross constipation is the way i describe the feeling of labor, so sounds like u'll b having your baby very soon.

GOOD LUCK

Goodluck..hope all goes well for ya!! tongue
Good luck!! Hope all goes smoothly and you have an easy labour. smile

Arghhh! A little bit scared, a lot excited... sitting here having contractions.

I am due Sept 17 but am being induced on Monday as per doctor's recommendations. I had a S&S yesterday at home and my midwife was surprised I was already 2cm dilated and said the S&S may very well bring on the labour.

I started getting contractions a couple of hours after the S&S but few and far between. I just started timing them earlier in the morning.. 16 minutes apart.. 14 minutes apart.. now around 7/8 minutes apart.. each is lasting less than a minute though.. not to painful yet, it is.. but just the worst period cramps ever sort of level...

think I have a long way to go yet? Or am I getting excited over nothing? this is baby number 1 (pregnancy number 2)

You won't know for sure until later on today but that's exactly how my pre labor began! I started to get period pain crampy contractions around 5pm on a Monday and they were every 7-10 mins by 9pm, than died off after that until 2 in the morning Tuesday when they were bang straight away screaming agony pains every 5 mins which woke me up! I than had the show and bent over in pain with diarrhea (tmi) and almost vomiting.... So I knew labor had begun!
I hope this is it for u, and hopefully you'll be meeting your bubby tonight or tomorrow! Good luck, and you'll definately know for certain when real labor begins....
Yay !!! Goodluck!
Oh wow cool very exciting good luck cait wait to hear the good news.
Ohhh good luck, I hope it is the real deal for you...I had pre labour contractions 3 times (the last episode lasted 15hrs with contractions 8/9 mins apart) last pregnancy that petered out to nothing. Having said that your contractions are getting closer together so seems like things might be happening! Let us know how you go!
Sign in to follow this topic