Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Does anyone else... Rss

... find it soooo irritating when people try and say your birth wasn't correct, or natural, or right, because you did it this way and I didn't???

[Edited on 23/12/2007 by Alison]
I do!!!! My MIL is the worst. I had an emergency c-section with DD and Im booked in for an elective. She keeps asking why I had to have a c-section (like I asked for one!) and why am I having another?! Why cant I have a natural this time. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
ME ME ME!!!!!

Personally i have had enough aswell....
I read a thread last night that said a NATURAL birth is absolutely NO drugs and BLAH BLAH BLAH.....
And some ladies said THEY had natural births cos they had no drugs....Let me ask you ladies.......
If you wanna get technical DID YOU HAVE YOUR BABY IN A HOSPITAL????
Oh well if you did SORRY but that's not Natural enough!!!
Pfft give me a break!!!!

I was 16 when i had my 1st baby.....
I was in labour for 36 hours and i had pethadine after 24 hours cause i hadn't slept in 30 and the midwives suggested it so i could be rested for the pushing...
Now the peth. wore off at 6am and i had my son at 12:56pm!
I also had gas which does **** ALL!!

It was the hardest thing i have done in my life....
How dare some of you say that was NOT Natural, that is sooo insulting and i am digusted....

I am so proud of myself for doing it without an epidural.
I have had 2 NATURAL Births and that is what i will continue to call them!!!
Natural birth - VAGINAL DELIVERY-
[Edited on 23/12/2007 by Alison]

yeah i just read that natural birth thread. i always tell everyone i had a drug free birth, when really i had the gas, but not for long, maybe 3 contractions?? so whee does that put me? i am quite proud of myself, for that.

but no, i dont say any other drugs is a natural birth. but still, no need to start a debate over it. i honestly say i only had the gas, and no other drugs because my birth was fast. i was asking for drugs, but i was too close to him being born.

so yeah, natural birth a vaginal one, but with minimal drugs, and no other interventions.
Unless you "BIRTHED" out in the dirt and under the stars, with a tribe of women dancing around for good luck, YOU DID NOT HAVE A NATURAL BIRTH!!

So that rules us all out!! WOOOOOOOOOOT!!
Posted by: benmar7982
Unless you "BIRTHED" out in the dirt and under the stars, with a tribe of women dancing around for good luck, YOU DID NOT HAVE A NATURAL BIRTH!!

LMGDAO!!!!

BIRTHED HAHA

sometimes i say birthed lol. what else do you say?
Its just a cop out of delivered...
Cause some mums were saying you can't say delivered cause you're bub isn't a pizza....HAHAHA

I thought it was called a Delivery Suite....
LMAO

birthed does sound kind of funny, but hey it is prob the right way to say it lol, i say delivered cuz i delivered him into the world, if i hadn't he still be in there.

at john hunter im pretty sure it says birth suite, in the elevator, and at the ward some places it has delivery suite, so it depends which way u are looking to what you call it.
[Edited on 23/12/2007]
nah i did read the other post. but yeah i say birthed mostly, or i say i had elijah. lol what does everyone else say?
Posted by: benmar7982

dont forget the hole that you dig so teh baby falls into it. but i squatted elijah out, so that was another step closer to the natural birth i wanted. the hospital was just incase lol
I always say- when i had BJ blah blah blah

I don't talk about my kids and say- when i delivered him or when i birthed her....
That's just when i am actually talking about my Birth's i might say delivered but i have never said, i birthed my baby.
It doen't sound correct to me :S

Just my opinion, im not having a go at anyone : )

Sign in to follow this topic