Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth

Your Labour and Birth

Lauraine

Vaginal Birth After Caesarean (VBAC)

Please feel free to discuss your experience with either preparing for, trying, or achieving a VBA...

542 replies

Hi Ms ( babymakinmachine) pls send me the details of the hosp n gynae who supported you for the VBA3cs Thanks alot!

Modesty During and After giving Birth - May Contain Adult Themes!

Hey Girlies, Just thought I would start a thread about the disgusting things that happen during ...

221 replies

TMI someone else may have mentioned this one before - Most horrifically embarrassing thing about my labour - having the midwife chas...

Dolce81

Antenatal Care.. How do you choose???

Hi ladies! I'm pregnant with my first and was hoping some of you could shed some light on the pr...

23 replies

Abudo has a pretty informational course on health education for antenatal mother. The purpose of this course is to educate expecting...

Member011028

Selwyn Midwives

Hi I’m looking for recommendations on midwives that Work in the Selwyn area, Lincoln and Rollesto...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
StephanieAnn

Antenatal Classes..to do or not to do..

Hey, I'm new here but am having a few worries about antenatal classes and if I should or should n...

23 replies

Class is a waste of time. I personally feel online healthcare courses are much better as I have already taken one related to health ...

Christiiee

Antenatal Classes?

I'm just wondering how many of you went to antenatal classes. I don't think that I'm going to bo...

13 replies

I haven't gone for a class I sign up myself for an online health education for antenatal mother course. This course contains al...

Missbritty_29694

Does evening primrose oil help bring on labour

Almost 39 weeks with second baby, will using evening primrose oil help in anyway to bring on labo...

Shan12

Upper hutt midwifes

Does anyone know of a midwife who has clinics in upper hutt instead of lower hutt? Shari and nick...

K2018

Induction at 41+5 IVF First time labour

Hi ladies, just looking for some of your experiences to try and give myself more of a picture of ...

Huggies Support

Who did you have in the delivery room with you?

It's a highly personal decision but thinking about who is there for the big day is no small ...

14 replies

I can feel what you are going through. People who have been under these circumstances have become pretty much depressed in their nor...

K.h_ward

10 days overdue, baby is 9.3lb apparently and my mum is driving me nuts..

I'm a FTM and overdue by 10 days. Had a scan to check on how baby was doing, and he's d...

HypnoBirthing MW

HypnoBirthing classes

Hi Mamas, I took HypnoBirthing classes during my pregnancy and they were AMAZING! The classes ar...

7 replies

I also took up a hypnobirthing home study course since I’m tired of going out. They use soothing music that is conducive for learnin...

Hayleyad39

Who do I have in the room for the big moment? :/ Lock

Hello lovely ladies Im only 20 weeks pregnant with my first little miracle right now and ALREAD...

27 replies

Hey Gorgeous. Hope you are doing good. Well, it is a bit odd for people asking you to take them along with you in the room. It seems...

Quin1901

BEST NIPPLE CREAM? Lock

When I breast fed my 1st son mind u I only did for 5 days. I used Marcalan (I think thats what it...

32 replies

BF brings out the best in babies but not in mommies. I was totally crampy when I had nipple sores. Having had three kids already, I ...

v8saint

Retained Placentas

I am very curious how many other people have had this. I have had 2 out of 4 pregnancy's, my...

Kbeveridge14

Epidural questions!

Help! I’m a first time mum and I have friends who have said how long they waited for the anesthet...

2 replies

Hey Kristalenamli, Is that your daughter I see in the picture? You two look adorable together. Lime mum. Like daughter. Hehe! Althou...

Shiwangi9812

going to do if I were pg

Well, I haven't been to the FT boards in a long time, but just thought I'd drop by. Her...

Huggies Support

Your birth choices

https://www.huggies.com.au/childbirth/giving-bi... What have you got planned?

Huggies Support

Have you got a birth plan?

Download our Huggies Birth Plan to help get you started! https://assets-0.huggies-cdn.net/system...

Cr9578

Maternity at NEW Calvary Bruce Private (Canberra)

I know the new Calvary Bruce Private only opened this week, so I'm being rather impatient! H...

jem0jem

Anti - E antibody

I am 38 weeks pregnant, and have just been told i have Anti - E antibodys. This means nothing to ...

4 replies

If anyone is the wiser now, I would love to hear from you. I did find this answer that helped a bit: https://www.babble.com/pregnanc...

Enriquachyna

Dilated but waters have not broken and no contractions

Hi I need advice or from anyone who has experienced what I'm experiencing? So I'm 38 we...

Huggies Support

Did you write a birth plan?

Did your birth go according to your plan? Was there anything that surprised you?

Macy_Grace

how long did your induction take

hello i am due to be induced tomorrow at 38weeks due to high bp and was wondering if you have be...

19 replies

Hi There, I was induced at 39 weeks and 4 days with first baby. Tried everything to get natural labor going. Was hesitant with indu...

Michelle_B_1970

Varicose Veins in Pregnancy

Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my post. Let me start by saying "Good Work Mum...

47 replies

I am a 31-year-old mother of 1. I am typically pretty healthy and not overweight. As a result of my pregnancies, I developed varicos...

Nicolel-778

Birthing with a fractured pelvis

Hi there, I've just found out I've fractured my pelvis, im 32 weeks pregnant with 2nd b...

1 reply

Hi I think this is something only your doctor can help with. There's so many different ways someone can fracture a pelvis and ...

Huggies Support

3 signs that you may be in labour

1. Your contractions hurt The biggest confusion when it comes to labour is that it can be hard t...

Huggies Support

Can you bring on labour naturally?

Once you've gone past 39-40 weeks, you're probably feeling really ready to meet your ba...

Huggies Support

Giving birth before your due date via induction or c-section

We know the last few weeks of your pregnancy can be tough. You feel enormous, your ankles are swo...

Huggies Support

Top tips for healing after a vaginal birth

Whether or not you had an episiotomy or stitches from a tear, you'll feel sore or swollen fo...

Huggies Support

Did you have an epidural? Was the experience what you expected?

About 60% of women will ask for an epidural during the birth of their child. However there are a ...

2 replies

I got an epidural without hesitation and would TOTALLY recommend it. I had been in labour for 3 hours already when I got to the hosp...

Huggies Support

Labour positions to ease pain

Soothing Labour Positions The standard hospital labour position—semi- or fully reclining—is not ...

Huggies Support

What do you really need to bring to the hospital

Childbirth classes and baby books will give you huge lists of "essentials" you really n...

One*Lucky*Mummy

pre natal yoga

Hi Ladies, I'm hoping to start pre natal yoga tonight....just making sure my cold is not going t...

8 replies

I really like pregnancy yoga classes in my area. Here is a link in case some mummies want to join. http://healthymeyoga.com.au/class...

Huggies Support

10 Ways to Relieve Approach Labour in a Positive Way

1. Find a Soothing Environment If you can request a tour of your birthing suite before.Your birt...

Renee_Thorpe

So upset, urine retention.. help

I gave birth 2 weeks ago and was sent home with a catheter because I couldn't use my bladder...

Rarichic

Stressing about baby #1 during labour #2

Hi all, I'm due to give birth mid-August to baby #2 and I’m starting to have some anxiety ab...

Huggies Support

How to tell if labour is coming

If this is your first baby, you may be feeling a growing sense of anxiety about the impending lab...

Bridgy_Rfc

Group B Strep

I had a positive result for GBS from a urine sample taken early in pregnancy, and no matter how m...

7 replies

Not trying to scare any one but I feel annoyed when people say it's not big deal it's nothing and so on. I did have strep...

Huggies Support

Have you chosen a birth partner yet?

Is it your partner, mum or best friend? Maybe you're choosing not to have anyone besides med...