Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Due Sept 2012 Lock Rss

Hey smile

I'm Ange and I am 1 week 4 days going off the date I ovulated. I got a light but definite BFP on Sunday and a massive one this morning smile

My husband and I have been married for 6 years and we have a gorgeous little boy who turns 3 on Friday. DS1 was a total surprise (I was on the pill) and this was our first attempt at trying and we are thrilled that it happened staright away!!!

I have a Dr appointment today smile

Just quick question.... is it odd that my HPT showed up as a BFP so soon? I was just over a week by then.

Can't wait to get to know you all smile

Hey smile

I'm Ange and I am 1 week 4 days going off the date I ovulated. I got a light but definite BFP on Sunday and a massive one this morning smile

My husband and I have been married for 6 years and we have a gorgeous little boy who turns 3 on Friday. DS1 was a total surprise (I was on the pill) and this was our first attempt at trying and we are thrilled that it happened staright away!!!

I have a Dr appointment today smile

Just quick question.... is it odd that my HPT showed up as a BFP so soon? I was just over a week by then.

Can't wait to get to know you all smile

Hi Ange! Congrats!
Where are you at in your cycle? You measure from the first day of your last period, which would put you at just after AF?
Is it possible you are further along?
Hi Sasha,

I don't have my chart on me (I'm at work) but I ovulated VERY late, I think on about day 26 from memory which I think was New years day. So I measured from date of ovulation rathe than LMP. Would that be right? I'm almost postive that I didn't ovulate before then as I was charting and all 4 things pointed to that date as ovulation.

The FRER tests do say that they can detect 6 days before an expected missed period so maybe by HCG levels just shoot up very quickly very early?

Hi ladies,

If the FB group is completely private can you please add me - Tanya Price, photo is of Hubby & I on wedding day (I think it may even be the same as my pic here).

Thanks!!!
Hi Ladies
My name is Mel and I am 6 weeks pregnant. Due approx first week in September. I have my first scan next Thursday. New to this so not sure of some of the terms.
I'm 26 and me and my partner have been having IVF. This is our first implant and so excited that its positive. Had two blood tests and the number is going up but I'm still so nervous.
Has anyone had any spotting? I've been having i on and off. I've spoken to the nurse a couple of times and they have said its normal, but really doesn't stop me stressing.
Looking forward to this journey!! Hoping my bubba sticks!!!
Hey ladies,
I had my first ultrasound on Monday but was too early to see heartbeat. Have to go back in 2 weeks to make sure all is well. I've had an ectopic pregnancy in the past so Dr wanted an early u/s to make sure bub is in the right spot.

I got a bit freaked out by not seeing heartbeat so I'm getting blood tests every 48 hours to make sure my hcg levels are rising, so far so good. Due 6th September.

Today is the first day I've had any morning sickness, so nauseaus and dizzy. Not fun. I've already told my boss that I'm pregnant because in both my previous pregnancies I fainted regularly and if that happens again I'm going to have to stop work early.

I'm already thinking of this bub as a boy so I hope i'm right, we have 2 daughters and my dh is feeling very outnumbered.

Hope all is well.

Hi everyone

My husband and I found out we're pregnant last week and going by my LMP I'm just over 5 weeks pregnant with baby number 1 - eek! We (well I!) did 3 home pregnancy tests and then did another one at the Dr's on Monday, plus a blood test yesterday! Haven't got the bloods yet but all the tests came up rather positive so yay! The ETA of our litte squirt is 10/9/12 so figure this is the best thread to join smile

I don't have many questions just yet... although I'm sure heaps will come soon enough but can anyone recommend a Ob in the Adelaide area (north eastern suburbs preferably)? We don't want to spill the beans just yet but of course as soon as I ask anyone (quite a few of our friends already have kidlets) these sorts of questions they will jump to the obvious conclusion and I can't really lie about it now can I? wink

Also, is there such a thing as too early to tell people? We're thinking of telling our parents tomorrow night because they have been asking us for grandkids since the day we got together (over 5 years ago now!!) but what about our other family members and friends?

Thanks smile
Hi Ladies,

Welcome Emma D smile Congrats! How exciting!! Its very personaly choice when you tell people. I look at it this way, I happily tell the people that I would want to support me if something not nice did happen, IYKWIM? So with our first, we told our parents and our very closet couple of friends the day after we got the dating scan to confirm dates and we told every one else after the 12 week scan.

Welcome Mellisa! Congrats!

Asha - sorry you didn't get to hear bubbas heart beat sad

Had my GP appointment yesterday to get my referral for my OB and to organise the blood test. Small vent here.... for those that are familair with charting I didn't ovulate until very late, day 26 (so almost 2 weeks later then "normal") and I know the EXACT date of ovulation so I know when I conceived but the GP said that they only go off LMP (which assumes that I ovulate on day 14) so they have automaticaly put me 2 weeks later then I know I am. I know it'll get sorted once I have my dating scan etc but just I guess slightly frustrating that what I was saying was disregarded.

Anywho... so I had my blood test today, and almost fainted!!!! I have never had that happen ever!! I don't know what came over me I just started getting all light headed etc. So embarressing!! Should have the results tomorrow.

And I made the appointment with my OB for next Friday. Luckily I got the appintment due to a cancellation as she has quite a long wait!!! Can't wait!!!!

Anyone got any symptoms yet? I'm cruising along so far.... wonder how long that will last?!?!? lol

Ange X

Hey Ange

I am the same, no real symptoms at this point. Sore bbs still, but has eased heaps since 5wks!
I felt faint after my bloods too, but they took 6 vials! Collapsed a vein getting it to, so have a tell tale bruise smile

Asha, sorry that you couldn't hear the heartbeat, that sucks! Didn't see it on my scan either, hope at your next one it's there and strong!

We have told my patents, 3 close friends and will tell DH parents this weekend. Hoping everything goes well, but if it doesn't we will need support. Thinking of telling my boss soon, so exhausted that I feel I need to excuse myself! She is pretty cruisy so might wait until I get my bloods back first.
We've told our family and best friends!!! If something happens at least we have their support!!! We were too excited and couldn't wait to tell them!!!!
My symptoms have started already!!! I'm so tired all the time! And luckily no vommiting but I am nauseous ALL the time!!!!! Don't have the desire to eat anything!!!!
Think I'm having a bad day today...it's supposed to be the most exciting time but I just feel so blah!!!! Though after saying that I must say its good to feel something...makes it feel real!!!!
Hope everyone is doing well
Mel
xx
Thanks Ange & Mel, didn't think of it that way before. And yeah, if something did go wrong it would be nice to have the support of our family and close friends.

We've decided to tell both sets of parents tonight at dinner. We've bought 'Congratulations Grandparents' cards and have taped 2 of our positive tests inside the cards with ribbon around them... hehe I think we may need to record their reactions because I have a feeling they may all cry!

The only symptoms I've had so far are really sore and swollen boobs! DH is loving the increase (although I'm an 8e without pregnant boobs!!) but I'm not enjoying the tenderness and not being able to sleep on my belly anymore! If I haven't had morning sickness now, does it mean I won't get it or am I being a little to optimistic about it? wink

Looking forward to talking to you all as the weeks go by smile
Emma X
Mel - I hope you feel better soon smile

Emma - that is such a cute way to tell you parents. With our first we were so shocked that we didn't even think of doing it in a cute nice way! Lol. How far along are you? I didn't get ANY symptoms at all with my first until 6 weeks a.d then I got really sore books and mild morning sickness for a couple of weeks.

I should get my blood results today. I don't think it will feel like I'm pregnant until they confirm it even though I have had 3 positive HPT! LOL

Sign in to follow this topic