Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Due Sept 2012 Lock Rss

Hi Guys,
Would love to join the group, im due 6th September with out third!! looking forward to this pregnancy and little newborn as i was pregnant very fast after my 1st and so it was a hard time for me with two under 1 and they have been like twins ever since. Looking forward to my daughter and son being a little older and having a bit more time for the little one smile.
Fran

Welcome to the new ladies smile Lovely to have you join us!

I'm getting really excited about my scan on Thursday! I really just can't wait! 3 more days and counting!

To be honest I am not feeling that bad. I'm a bit more tired than normal and my boobs are more sensitive, but other than that I feel fine! Great even! smile I had that one day of terrible nausea last week, but nothing at all since then. I think my eating habits have changed a lot though ~ the past few nights I have had yoghurt and chopped up apple for dinner! Weird!

Hope everyone is doing well smile

Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread. I'm approx 7 weeks along with my second baby. I think i'm due 22 September but hopefully going for a dating scan soon to confirm. I have a 14 month old girl and I live in Auckland.

Congrats to all the other due September mums on here smile
I had a very awkward moment today.

DH and I are yet to share our news with family and friends as we want to try and get to the 12 week mark.

I had lunch with a close friend today who has been TTC for the past year. Lunch turned into a D&M about her struggles and how hard she is finding it to be happy & excited for others (family & friends) who are pregnant or just given birth. She is over babies ! (so much so that she isn't coming to a girl night out because two of our pregnant friends will be there)

As you can imagine, I feel terrible. I have no idea how I am going to break my news to her when the time comes knowing how she feels. I don't want to come across as smug as I understand her struggle but at the same time I am over the moon to be expecting my first baby.

Have any of you lovely ladies faced a similar situation ? I just don't know what to do.

I had a very awkward moment today.

DH and I are yet to share our news with family and friends as we want to try and get to the 12 week mark.

I had lunch with a close friend today who has been TTC for the past year. Lunch turned into a D&M about her struggles and how hard she is finding it to be happy & excited for others (family & friends) who are pregnant or just given birth. She is over babies ! (so much so that she isn't coming to a girl night out because two of our pregnant friends will be there)

As you can imagine, I feel terrible. I have no idea how I am going to break my news to her when the time comes knowing how she feels. I don't want to come across as smug as I understand her struggle but at the same time I am over the moon to be expecting my first baby.

Have any of you lovely ladies faced a similar situation ? I just don't know what to do.

I am someone who was on the receiving end of this conversation all of last year. It took me 11 months (and 2MC's) to get to be having this bub, and while I was going through all of that, 7 of my friends got pregnant!!!!
So as someone who's been in your friends' shoes, she will want you to tell her, but gently. She won't want to hear about your scan, or how sick you feel, and she might not show that's she's overjoyed about your news. But tell her!!
I had a friend who didn't tell me and I found out from someone else that knew she was pregnant, and this person said my friend didn't want to tell me because she thought it would hurt me! I think I was more hurt by not being told that I would have been if I had been told straight!

It's a difficult situation to be in, because you probably are going to hurt her with your news. But being straight with her, you will most probably hurt her less and keep your friendship smile
Hope this makes some sort of sense!

I am someone who was on the receiving end of this conversation all of last year. It took me 11 months (and 2MC's) to get to be having this bub, and while I was going through all of that, 7 of my friends got pregnant!!!!
So as someone who's been in your friends' shoes, she will want you to tell her, but gently. She won't want to hear about your scan, or how sick you feel, and she might not show that's she's overjoyed about your news. But tell her!!
I had a friend who didn't tell me and I found out from someone else that knew she was pregnant, and this person said my friend didn't want to tell me because she thought it would hurt me! I think I was more hurt by not being told that I would have been if I had been told straight!

It's a difficult situation to be in, because you probably are going to hurt her with your news. But being straight with her, you will most probably hurt her less and keep your friendship smile
Hope this makes some sort of sense!

Thanks for your reassurance Mel.

I think I will tell another mutual friend first so then she is there for her. I just hate the idea of hurting her.
I know if this situation was 12 month earlier she would have been so excited for us. I just pray she will get her BFP soon.

* I had a name change from tinaaa. I had to reset my account smile
Sorry for anyone who asked to join the Facebook group DUE IN SEPT - if I missed your reply then please add me on Facebook - Trisha Harris (Sydney) - trisha_18t@hotmail.com - Just add me then send me a msg asking to be in the SEPT 2012 group smile
Hi All,
I would like to join your thread. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I will be due 16th Sept 2012. I had my son (Elijah) Feb 23rd last year, so he will be 1 in a few weeks. We haven't told friends or family yet, just trying to organise the 1st birthday party while struggling with the nausea feeling in the mornings! Loved being pregnant the first time, and feels much the same this time round, just tired and yukky mornings. Good luck to all of you first time mums, and I'm happy to offer any advise... Not sure how I'm going to cope with 2 under 2, but I'm sure it will be messy, happy fun!
petamarama - I had a similar situation when I was pregnant with my first. My SIL got pregnant a few months after me but had a miscarriage and I didn't want to upset her by talking too much about my pregnancy. She seemed to be fine though and now has a wee boy. I think Mel-O gave some good advice about telling your friend. Good luck

Hi Tazeman - I will have 2 under 2 for a few months when #2 comes along too. My daughter turns 2 on December this year. I'm not sure how I'll cope either, I'm having trouble running after her at the moment. I'm so tired and feel sick all day. Hope this MS goes away soon!
Hi all
My name is nicole im expecting my 2nd child (hubby's 1st) on the 6 september and would love to met other people expecting around the same time. My daughter is 6.5 will be 7 in july so big age gap. I don't have my family around me this time as i moved to be with my hubby and no friends with children so feeling a bit alone at the moment.
I have always had a large bust and the sore enlarged boobs are not nice also been very tired other then that i am so excited for our new arrival and getting to know all you other expectant mothers smile
Hi all
My name is nicole im expecting my 2nd child (hubby's 1st) on the 6 september and would love to met other people expecting around the same time. My daughter is 6.5 will be 7 in july so big age gap. I don't have my family around me this time as i moved to be with my hubby and no friends with children so feeling a bit alone at the moment.
I have always had a large bust and the sore enlarged boobs are not nice also been very tired other then that i am so excited for our new arrival and getting to know all you other expectant mothers smile
We had our first Ultrasound yesterday afternoon and it was perfect.

i was so worried about it all week becuase of what happened last time but bubs looks perfect and healthy and has a heartbeat of 191.

im so relieved to finally have a pregnancy that looks good and healthy and like its doing the right thing.
Sign in to follow this topic