Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Due Sept 2012 Lock Rss

I'm due for my first scan tomorrow morning and need your help.

When I made the appt they explained that I had to go to the toilet 2 hours before the appt and then drink 400ml of water.

My questions are;

Does it matter if I drink more then 400ml ? And can I eat breakfast before hand ?

As you can tell this is my first pregnancy and I have LOTS to learn smile

I have a scan next week (week 11) and was told I would have to drink a litre of water before, so they can see baby clearly.

Hi again to everyone, I haven't been on here for a few weeks so have missed lots of newcomers, I have got some catching up to do!!
I've had awful nausea and haven't been able to look at a screen or read or anything for about 3 weeks. Eating has been a bit of a nightmare, my doc finally put me on some tablets to keep it under control and they are beginning to work. Roll on end of trimester one and the end of morning sickness (hopefully).
A big congratulations to all those who have found out they are expecting in September!

They told me I have to drink a whole litre of water!!!

The reason they want you to drink water it because you're early in your pregnancy, so they need your bladder to be full so that they can see the baby more clearly. It's really hard to hold the water for that long, and then they go and press the ultrasound machine on your full bladder laugh

You can definitely have breakfast before you go, food doesn't effect the scan at all.

How exciting to ba going for a scan tomorrow! I have to wait another 10 days for mine.
Enjoy smile

Thanks Mel-0 !
Have you had any scans yet ? Or will this be the first ? I hope the next 10 days go quick for you.

I've never been told to have a drink before any of my scans. And actually, at the last scan I had, she told me to go to the toilet just before she started. I wonder if it matters too now?

I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I'm still pretty early in the pregnancy ?

I'm due for my first scan tomorrow morning and need your help.

When I made the appt they explained that I had to go to the toilet 2 hours before the appt and then drink 400ml of water.

My questions are;

Does it matter if I drink more then 400ml ? And can I eat breakfast before hand ?

As you can tell this is my first pregnancy and I have LOTS to learn smile

I had my first ever scan on Thursday & got told to empty my bladder an hour before the appointment then drink 750ml over the next half hour & not to go to the bathroom again till after the appointment.

I also couldn't believe they push that probe so hard into your full bladder, I nearly wet myself

I had my first ever scan on Thursday & got told to empty my bladder an hour before the appointment then drink 750ml over the next half hour & not to go to the bathroom again till after the appointment.

I also couldn't believe they push that probe so hard into your full bladder, I nearly wet myself

By the sound of things it depend on the clinic and their procedures. Have to do my best to hold on.

How many weeks was your scan ?

By the sound of things it depend on the clinic and their procedures. Have to do my best to hold on.

How many weeks was your scan ?

The day I had my scan, they told me I was 8 weeks 5 days, exactly what I thought. Got my heartbeat & a picture, which were very cool.

How far along are you?

Also I had dinner about an hour before my scan, my logic being, the food should be going behind the baby, compared to the water in front, if you get my drift.
Hi Ladies,

I would like to join you as I'm due 29th Sept although I will be having an elective C in mid September. This will be my 4th pregnancy. First pregnancy I miscarried in 05, Oldest daughter is 5 years old and my youngest daughter is nearly 16 months old. Both my girls were born via c section as they were breech babies. This Baby will be the first for my partner but will be the last addition to the family. We are super excited but cautious until my first scan to see the heartbeat on the 16th Feb when I will be 8 weeks along.

Hoping this little one sticks and I look forward to joining you on this journey.

Becks.
Hi ladies smile Hope everyone is well. Only an hour until my ultrasound. My bleeding has stopped so fingers x bubby is all good and that little heart is beating. I am feeling a bit nervous as it gets closer. I am wondering if they will do an internal(I know I should be used to getting proded and that since I already had one baby, but I still get nervous blink ) I never had an internal with DD at six weeks but my Gp said they might. Will keep you posted smile

Hi ladies

I would like to join the group. I'm due with my 3rd baby on the 26th of September. I have 2 girls, 3 and 6 months so would love a little blue bundle but will be happy just to have a healthy sticky little baby smile I have an ultrasound on the 15th so i have my fingers crossed I will see a heart beat and all will be well.

Looking forward to getting to know you all over the next few months smile

Kira
Just had my second ultrasound and all is good. Yay!! Just want to get past the 12 week scan and then I will fully relax!

Thanks Mel-0 !
Have you had any scans yet ? Or will this be the first ? I hope the next 10 days go quick for you.

I haven't had any scans yet with this pregnancy, but I had 3 with my first miscarriage. I'm hoping to see a heartbeat time, which will be a first for us! 9 days and counting!!

Hey girls!
What a day! It was my first day back at work and MS decided today was a good day to come out in full force! sad Luckily it was over by around 9:30am and I felt okay for the rest of the day, just so so so tired!!

Purplepossum, great to hear about your scan going well.

Kubota Chick, good luck for your scan, let us know how you go smile

Welcome Becks and Kira!!

Hi All,

Well it looks like I just scrap into this group- I have just come back from my dating ultrasound, and it showed that I am 9wks 3 days, so due on the 1st of September. I already have two little girls DD1 3, and DD2 17 months and a 11 yr old step daughter (who lives with us) and am super excited to finish off our little family

I am currently feeling great. There was only 1 week of fatigue and feeling a little queazy. I have actually just come back from a 1 week skiing holiday in Japan...!

I hope everyone is going well, and look forward to sharing the journey.
Sign in to follow this topic