Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

DUE JANUARY 2012 :) Rss

Hi,

I haven't been in here for a while, just been so busy with everything else.
I had an OB appointment yesterday and baby is weighing approx 1400grams at this stage. All my children have been early and pretty small so I don't expect a huge one this time either. Baby seems to be growing well which is nice and was head down (very unusual for my babies as they are usually sideways or feet first till the very last minute) I just hope that this one decides to stay in her till after the new year, I have way too much to do before then (I normally go early at least 2 weeks but went 6 weeks early with both my girls)

cs82 I too have problems with knowing if I am going into labour or not and this is my 8th, lol. With my last baby I was already 5cm dilated when I went in for my appointment and even though I knew I was having contractions I have a very irritable uterus and contract from about now till I have the baby, it makes it harder to know what is the real thing and what is not. We have an hour travel from home to hospital as well so if I waited until I really knew I think I would be having this baby at home, lol.

kelbel3 I have not been very lucky with the length of time my births take, you would think they would be fairly quick but they seem to have gotten longer, #6 I was contracting for over 24 hours before they popped my waters to get me going and then it was still a couple of hours. My membranes are really tough which I think makes it harder to get to the next stage of labour which would make it much quicker.

I hope that everyone is going well and enjoying their pregnancies.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,
I know what you mean about not wanting baby out until after Christmas.. I am very happy for baby to come on time just not before Jan 1st lol.. Im pretty sure this isn't going to happen anyway as I have been 10-14 days over with the boys but I guess you never know.. Hopefully you have a nice quick labour this time contracting for 24hrs would be exhausting..

Well I have officially started maternity leave woo hoo!! I ended up starting a day earlier after pulling a muscle in my stomach at work last night. My tummy is pretty sore unfortunately but at least now I don't have to stress about work and can relax a little at home and start getting things organised for baby smile

Baby is good but running out of room.. My belly looks like a beach ball stuffed under my top..

Hope everyone is well smile

Mum to 3 gorgeous boys...

Hey lovely ladies! How r we all? I have been reading along but hvnt posted for a while, slack!
Lots going on here, just had DF home for a week and now he is gone again until just before christmas! Cnt beliebve how quick that is goimg to come up and then baby time!!Goin away for a week over xmas which should be nice, will be lots of family there so planning on beaching myself by the water and letting everyone else get quality time with DS lol
Getting bigger by the day although still hve ppl telling me my bump is tiny, think its just the way bub is sitting already head dwn and bum up and curled up tight! Have scan booked for 7th december, cnt wait, planning on getting cot and stuff set up this week then will decorate after scan once we hve double checked shes still a she lol
Looking at buying our own house early in the new year so teying to save the last of our deposit whilst getting ready for xmas and new bub is proving interesting!!
Not much else to report, past GD test all good so happy about tht, iron is low so on double dose to try and get it up to avoid another PPH!
Couple more weeks of full on work then 2 weeks of shorter shifts then finished yay!
Hope everyone is well! Xx

Hi ladies,

I've not been on here for aaages. Hope everyone is going well.

Just wondering has anyone else been told they are having a big baby? I had my 33 week scan and was told baby was measuring 2 weeks ahead and was already 5.5lbs and that there was a lot of amniotic fluid. I saw my Dr on monday and he didnt seem too concerned about the size until he saw how much fluid there was. I have to go for another scan next week but its looking like i'll be induced in december but wont know for another week or so.

Is everyone else over being pregnant yet? I can't wait for it all to be over and have my little boy here, am so uncomfortable!!

Hi ladies,

I've not been on here for aaages. Hope everyone is going well.

Just wondering has anyone else been told they are having a big baby? I had my 9lb33 week scan and was told baby was measuring 2 weeks ahead and was already 5.5lbs and that there was a lot of amniotic fluid. I saw my Dr on monday and he didnt seem too concerned about the size until he saw how much fluid there was. I have to go for another scan next week but its looking like i'll be induced in december but wont know for another week or so.

Is everyone else over being pregnant yet? I can't wait for it all to be over and have my little boy here, am so uncomfortable!!

Hi Lozzi,
With my last pregnancy they didn't work out that I had too much fluid until a scan at 41wks.. Because of the fluid baby couldn't engage properly so I had to be induced. He was 9lb 6oz big boy... Im a little nervous that this bubs will be big too..

I am definitely over being pregnant lol.. My pelvis feels like it is going to fall apart and baby is going to fall out,, I'm sleeping terribly tossing and turning half the night cause my hips hurt.. Plus I'm getting really excited to find out what we are having I can't wait to meet our little one ASAP...

Mum to 3 gorgeous boys...

hi ladies
yay just 9 1/2 more wks left to i get to meet my wee lady! feeling huge n tired and hot arrgghh not overly looking forward to this summer heat. finally bought something for bubs today feel slightly more organised ( got a evenflow capsule & base off trademe only yr old so good bargain!).

saw my MW last wk bubs was head down (got to feel her head aswell!) so hope she stays like that! asked MW if she thinks this lil one is gonna be not so little - DD was 8lb 9 n 54.5cm long - she said shes probly gonna be long too probly as bubs was lying with her back straight so shecould feel how long she was already. hopefully she wont be too much bigger than her sister fingers crossed!

getting so tired easy now, doesnt help my hips start aching after only a few mins of doing anything! cant beleive xmas is only a few wks away havent done any xmas shopping yet will be last minute more than likely!

going to try start DD toilet training (dont have much idea how to go about it but we'll firgure it out i guess!)and want her to move into a bed soon so lots to do at the moment!

kelbel3 i know how your feel sleep is awful at the moment! takes me ages to get comfy with sore hips plus heart burn is still awfull.

hope all jan mums keeping well and enjoying these last 5-10 wks being pregas!
Hi smile
I'm pretty new to this forum but my little man is due the 30th of Jan smile Really interested in reading about and speaking to other women who are going through similar things as me around the same time..
So excited to meet my little boy! Not long to go now at all, and finish up at work in just 3 and a half weeks which is a godsend, I work as a cook and the kitchen is just getting way too hot this time of year lol.
Hi all hope everyone is going well and that the heat is bearable. Have been very breathless this morning but still need to get some iron tablets which OB suggested so hopefully that will help when I finally get time to head down and get them today.

Our house has been a bit of a mad house the last 4-5 days with our female dog having her 1st litter of puppies. It all happened earlier than expected so we weren't as prepared as we would have been and of course the weather was freezing so we had to suddenly set up inside. 1st puppy ended up stuck and and in distress (sounds familiar he he) and then everything stopped so she had to go to have some oxytocin which worked to deliver the 2nd puppy which unfortunately didnt survive due to the delay in delivering it. We were then sent home for her to have the rest but she ended up having a c-section @ midnight as nothing was happening and the oxytocin wasnt working anymore. 3 puppies were delivered by c-section but one had died during the delay - luckily we rang that night as they had originally told us to come back the next morning if she hadnt had them - the vet told us that night that we would have had no puppies by then so Im very glad that we went with our gut instinct and didnt wait until morning. After a very bumpy start and rejecting the puppies she has become a really wonderful mum and all 3 of the surviving puppies are doing really well. When the vet that did the c-section did the scan to check them out beforehand he commented on how big they were so now DH keeps joking that we breed them big in our house and all 1st babies in our house get stuck - hopefully all I dont follow suit with needing the c-seciton he he.

OB appt. went a little weird - he isnt concerned about size now but said he will scan @ 38wks just to double check it as it is more accurate later on. After him being so adamant that he needed to scan and decide @ 34wks it was a little weird to go in and have him approaching things a little relaxed. I forgot until over the weekend though - with all the puppy commotion - that i needed a 34wk scan anyway to check that the placenta has moved up and isnt still low. He obviously forgot as well so I need to ring him today to get that booked in.

Lozzi85 we had problems with people being concerned that our 1st was big - I cant remember how many scans we had - it seemed like dozens. I dont think there was ever any concern with the fluid and he certainly engaged without any hassles after my 1st accupuncture induction appt. They were concerned with his size due to my having gestational diabetes but in actual fact he had been large from the very 1st scan and actually ended up being smaller in the later scans than the earlier scans had predicted he would be despite the diabetes. There is always a 300-500gm margin of error (either way) with an ultrasound so they're only a guess anyway. Induction can help as bub will be smaller than perhaps it was going to be later on but a bigger baby isnt anymore well equiped to be born - its organs will be no more ready to function in the outside world than a 'normal' sized babie's. We pushed and pushed to not be medically induced and instead used accupuncture which I actually found very relaxing. I also think it helped with my labour starting by itself and therefor not stopping and starting like a medical induction can. Definately do your research and do what works for you and your family - big babies are beautiful and not as scary as a lot of doctors make them out to be unless there are other complications. Our little man was born 3days 'late' and weighed 4.32kg but he was also 57cm long so was very long rather than big as such. Now @ 21months he isnt even on the growth charts for height he is so tall, although his weight is still just one the charts. With a dad that is 6ft 5 it is no surprise that he was long/big born and has continued to be - its just the way he was meant to be.

Anyway hope everyone is going well. We're having some bump pics done this afternoon which Im very much looking forward to. Ive got my rasberry leaf tablets ready to go in a couple of weeks and have accupuncture starting next week as well. Finally things are starting to get a move on! Also just got our little man's 1st undies washed and in his xmas stocking - no way am I game enough to start that until after bub has arrived he he. They're so adorable on the line though next to DH - very cute!
Welcome Littleniki1 smile

No idea about big babies sorry Lozzi but as cazmaz said scans arnt always accurate and big isnt necessarily a bad thing, sounds like the fluid is the worst part :S hope they give u some more info soon!

We had a few hot days last week, 32 degrees and it was horrid lol our house really heats up in summer its yuk, need to get a fan i think!

Started DS Toilet training a week ago and he is going soo well, so proud of him, still has an accident some days but he knows when he needs to go and runs off and does it by himself which is great, mr independent doesnt like help from me lol but luckily has realised he will have to accept my help when out and about as its not like home with a step and seat to make it easy! For those with older boys...Seth loves to wee outside which im fine with as he is little and still learning and its better then wetting his pants..but...always manages to wee on his pants a little at the very end :-S and suggestions to stop this? Other then taking his pants completely off lol

As for baby, all going well, she was a bit quiet this morning which always makes me nervous but must hve just been sleeping as shes wriggling around more now smile trying to pick names (u migght hve seen my names post) and DF was being very un helpful but he has since decided tht seeing as Seth was his number one pick he is happy for me to have final say with this bub, so just need to get a shortlist of names we r both happy with then wait and see what bub looks like when she comes out smile

Cazmaz, interesting tht ur OB has changed his mind about sizing but i guess @ 38 weeks there is still time to decide which way to go smile

Anyway i best go get ready for work sad hope everyone is doing well
Xxx

Hi all , enjoying reading your posts... not long now and we will all have our babies. I have not got anything prepared yet, i think i might start washing the babies clothes soon and find a place for them

bubone.. big boys drip on there pants too, i think its just a thing they do.lol

big babies are beautiful and i dont really think delivery is much different. It all hurts.lol

Im going to the midwife today, i cant wait to get my belly measured, people keep telling me im small and its so anoying because i know im the right size and bubby is just everywhere inside.. and i still have 8 weeks of growing to do.
well ill go and look forward to hearing more from everybody.
Hallo Mommies and babies smile

Hope everyone's still doing well, nearly 32 weeks. I haven't been on here in ages. A lot has happened since my last post.

I failed my second glucose test and was told I have Gestational Diabetes about 2 weeks ago. So I have been following a sample diet and exercising more. I only get to see the diabetic midwife for the first time tomorrow (after about 2 weeks, they have a back log) how lovely roll eyes

So now I have my original midwife that I'm seeing every fortnight and then the diabetic team / OB.

At my last midwife visit (30 +4 weeks) she told me again that I'm measuring bigger (33 weeks) and then sent me for a growth scan. Thank goodness the u/s tech said that baby is not too big, he's average. The midwife is really making me feel awful, I left in tears the last 2 visits sad she's been really bitchy since she told me that I have GD. I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna have another midwife soon because I really don't need her around if that is how she wants to be, I'm doing this by myself, don't have my Mommy or any family here to help me out (just hubby).

We finally started setting up the nursery. Can't wait to buy more stuff smile and also have antenatal classes in 2 weeks time, really looking forward to it.

Have a great evening everyone. Can't wait to meet our babies.

Hi all , enjoying reading your posts... not long now and we will all have our babies. I have not got anything prepared yet, i think i might start washing the babies clothes soon and find a place for them

bubone.. big boys drip on there pants too, i think its just a thing they do.lol

big babies are beautiful and i dont really think delivery is much different. It all hurts.lol

Im going to the midwife today, i cant wait to get my belly measured, people keep telling me im small and its so anoying because i know im the right size and bubby is just everywhere inside.. and i still have 8 weeks of growing to do.
well ill go and look forward to hearing more from everybody.

Same here! So sick of ppl telling me how tiny my belly is, dr measures it each visit but i forget to ask what it is lol i think its measuring a tiny bit under but im only a small person and i know she isnt at all concerned its just a 100% baby bump n she is all curled up in there smile
Let us know how ur apt goes!

Sign in to follow this topic