Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

DUE JANUARY 2012 :) Rss

Morning Ladies smile
How is everyone on this lovely morning? I am feeling pretty good 18wks tomorrow wow! I'm still waiting to hear what program i will be in through the hospital. I have my fingers & toes crossed it's midwife group practice.
Baby is kicking up a storm the last few days making his or her presence felt grin My husband is so excited and just cant wait to feel it.

Sundance I have been getting terrible headaches too I take panadol and try and drink more water it helps a little. I find they come on late afternoon so I'm not sure if it's more tiredness or hormonal. I never got headaches with the boys someone said it means im having a girl lol who knows there are so many old wive tales out there.

We have finally decided we are not going to find out what we are having i said that i didn't want to know but kept changing my mind. Majority of my family keep asking that we find out especially my mum so we figure it's better not to know and get a lovely surprise at the birth grin

2wks and counting to my ultrasound very excited!!

Mum to 3 gorgeous boys...

Yay Cazmaz, congvrats on another little man smile I think 2 boys togvether is great smile little playmate for them, no doubt lots of little fights too but sure thats half the fun when your a kid lol
So excited to see what we are having!!

He he lots and lots of little tiffs no doubt. Given that our little man has so many aunts and uncles and other extended family and friends who spoil him rotten a naive person could easily assume that there is no need to fight over toys and other things when there are seriously so many of them - am having trouble figuring out where we'll put twice as many toys which we will no doubt end up with! But of course it doenst even matter if there are 2 of everything they will still want the same one. It may sound a little silly but I cant wait for all the excitement and chaos to double!

Can't remember who mentioned the issybear nappies for heavy wetters but I popped on the website and Im in love. Wonder whether DH can get some overtime if I cant control myself. We really dont need anymore nappies but they're so adorable. Is the website the cheapest place to get them online or are there other sites.

Also for those with older boys - when did they toilet train roughly. I know you need to take their lead but I thought it was anywhere from 2 onwards that they can be ready but Ive been told since by a baby health nurse to not even try with a boy until they're 3 as they're slower?
Hi cazmaz congrats on having another little boy they will be the best of mates smile
Toilet training boys they say takes longer than girs I wouldn't know as I don't have a girl.. But I found with the boys it's best to wait until they show signs they are ready. With my first I tried from 2 onwards and we has lots of accidents and it took ages. But with DS2 I waited until he was 3 and it was so much easier it only took 2 days and hardly any accidents. They just seem more able to understand the concept of going to the toilet. Also training them in the warmer weather is so much better too as they can run around in just their jocks. Good luck! grin

hi all been awhile since ive been on here! been so busy now calving has started (where dairy farmers!), my lil girl is finally good with the calves took her a wk to get used to them i was starting to stress that she was gna cry and want to be picked up the whole time but now cant get her away from them is so funny wtching her chasing them around the pen!

feeling really tired lately but so happy now 2nd trimester am 14 wks 2days now! have a very diffenate bump now (or id like to think so haha) so jelous of those who have had their 2nd scans i cant wait to see bubs again! am looking forward to feeling those 1st movemnets in a couple wks i was 16/17 with my 1st so hopefully will be a bit earlier this time round. have 1st visit with MW next thursday so am looking forward to that.

sounds like everyones doing great, congrats to dani#1 on twins that so exciting! i also will be having a surprise again think its the best u can get!
Hey guys how is everyone?
Katherine it seems so close when u put it like that smile can't believe how time flys.

Cazmaz I started toilet training my little man at 2 and he pretty much got is straight away so I guess it depends on the child. U can start trying to c if he's ready and if not just give it a few mths and try again smile

Finally had my first hospital visit yesterday. Nothing exciting to report except hearing babies heartbeat smile just formalities and organizing shared care. They have this program called cosmos where ur assigned to a midwife throughout your whole pregnancy instead of seeing a different one each time and there on call for the birth but the midwife told me its full in Jan already and I had to go on a waiting list!!! How is it full if they don't see women till they r 16-20 weeks pregnant??? I'm due the 12th so how on earth can they b booked out? Anyone have any idea how this works? It's at the royal womens Melb if that helps.

Thanks hope u guys r well xo

Hi cs82,
I am waiting to hear if I have been accepted into the same program mine is called MGP in Geelong.. I was lucky to be involved with this program with my last pregnancy and loved it smile I had the one midwife allocated for all my appointments and she was there on call for the birth and post natal visits. I will be really disappointed if I miss out and since I am due Jan 4th I thought I would have a better chance but I'm still waiting to find out...best of luck I hope u are lucky enough to get into the program as I found it fantastic smile.

just wanted to ask the ladies from auz about how your maternity care works?? i was reading kelbel3 & cs82's posts and had no idea you didnt have a lead maternity career? i thought it would have been the same as over in nz!! il blame that on baby brain haha
Olivias mum, theres a few different types of care you can get depends on what hossy your at and which way you want to go. from my understanding a few options are..

Private and have your own OB who is there at the birth
SHared care where you have a specific MW and OB or Team of MW and OB
or programs where you get a specific MW
I think some of the bigger hossy's have a birthing center attatched where you gvet more mW care then doc.. and less medical intervention...

Or where i am there is only one hossy (smallish town)so we all get treated kinda like private patients,my regular doc is also an OB and so although im not a private patient i do see my doc every visit and she will be present at the birth then get which ever MW is on shift at the hospital at the time bub is born, I only have one appt at hossy before bub is born and that is to book in at around 25 weeks smile

Been a while since ive been online! seems like the months are flying by, how you all doing, seems were all tootering along nicely smile . just had my 16week Antenatal appt. yesterday, got to hear a "Very strong heartbeat" , was great to hear the doc saying that and just listening to the rhythm. babydaddy found it truly amazing, i guess the ultrasounds and heartbeat make things more real for him grin

We now have decided on the 20th January for our due date, as we kept changing from 18th to 20th to 23rd, everytime we saw a midwife or a doc or an ultrasound it was always one of these three dates, so i guess we rounded it off to the 20th.. strange, but none the less bub will come when it wants grin

We have been changed from midwives clinic at our hospital to the doctor's clinic, which i guess is good?? we got changed to doc's clinic because i have asthma which can become severe very quickly. but im unsure really as to how i feel about the change, the midwives seem far more nice and interested, where as the doc is a bit cold, but i guess at the end of the day its good to be watched by a doc and definately get a doc at the delivery... has anyone had a doctor clinic(medicare not private) instead of midwives before? what was your experiences??
Hello Ladies,

Hope everyone is well smile

15 weeks today - Yay!! Still waiting on the baby bump, other than that, I don't really know that I'm pregnant except for being hungry all the time now and running to the toilet every 5 minutes. And feeling really tired again for the last few days.

Have a lovely day everyone. Can't believe it's August already.

Sundance - I am the same now. 15 weeks, nearly 16 and not showing - feel so normal i wondered if i was imaginging things that I was pregnant! Had appointment with doc on Tuesday and got to hear the heartbeat which was awesome. Bubs was asleep apparently but it was a very healthy heartbeat which made us all happy! First week of August nearly over - how the weeks are going so quick. I'm living my life on weeks now (even have each week marked on the calendar) and i too have a due date of 23 January, changed to 22 January and just hoping it doesn't come on 20 January (my birthday!) Will be a busy time for a few of us! Sounds like we're all doing well!

just wanted to ask the ladies from auz about how your maternity care works?? i was reading kelbel3 & cs82's posts and had no idea you didnt have a lead maternity career? i thought it would have been the same as over in nz!! il blame that on baby brain haha

Like bubone09 we're also in a smallish town/city in NSW and we only have the public hospital. We have the option of going shared care with either an OB and midwives or GP and midwives (but only one of our GPs delivers) or going completely private with the OB or completely public with the midwives clinic. Whilst our hospital has been trying to move towards having an allocated midwife for each woman, short staffing is chronic here and has been for years so this still hasnt happened. It sounds like such a wonderful system though. We do also have a new birthing centre through our Aboriginal Medical service and you can have antenatal care there. It is on another side of town to the hospital so you need to be transferred if anything goes wrong and they only take low risk pregnancies and births. It looks amazing but with our history of shoulder distocia we're not low risk worst luck. I think its also completely midwife run and my understanding is that there is absolutely no pain relief there - not even gas.

We have been changed from midwives clinic at our hospital to the doctor's clinic, which i guess is good?? we got changed to doc's clinic because i have asthma which can become severe very quickly. but im unsure really as to how i feel about the change, the midwives seem far more nice and interested, where as the doc is a bit cold, but i guess at the end of the day its good to be watched by a doc and definately get a doc at the delivery... has anyone had a doctor clinic(medicare not private) instead of midwives before? what was your experiences??

Hi veemumtobe we went completely public last time so had the midwives clinic until I 'failed' my glucose test and had gestational diabetes. I then went to the docotrs clinic. It only operated one day/wk and you got whichever doctor was on call and more often than not the registrar. My only criticism was that we got a different doctor or registrar every single time which towards the end was a bit of a pain as they all wanted to progress differently with our birth. For example one week we thought we were going in to get the results of an ultrasound from the week before and the doctor we got doesnt believe in ultrasounds to check bubs size so he didnt check it then a few weeks later we thought we were going in for a S&S but they decided to give us a little more leeway (the whole time we werent even @ our due date). It was quite commical really. In the end we had every confidence that our little man (or it back then) would arrive when he was ready so it wasnt a hassle. In hindsight though that is the reason we have gone private this time - for a bit of consistency and also so that if we do need a c-section (worst case) it is done well. I have a friend who had a registrar with her 1st and is now private and her OB is actually concerned that her emergency c-section scar wont hold up during a natural birth and all the contractions this time. We definately want 3 little people to complete our family so I dont want to muck around with my lady parts just yet he he..... Of course there are lots and lots of wonderful stories of great registrars out there and we really can't fault our own registrar experience - it is just nice to know what the real plan is with one person rather than a cast of half a dozen. U may also have a hospital where you only see the one Dr @ the clinic too which would be perfect.
Sign in to follow this topic