Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Due August 2011 Lock Rss

MrsvM- I'm also in NZ, As far as I know all the scans should be free?
With DS I only had a 8 week dating scan and the 20wk anatomy scan and didn't have to pay for either. And if we did choose to have the nuchal one I think that would have been free too. I also had 4 growth scans at the end which were free.
As long as you have a referal from midwife or GP.

The 12 week scan will be exciting for you, they actually look like tiny babies then.
I'm considering trying to delay my dating scan till after we go away in January, which will be about 12 weeks. But I don't know if I can wait that long, and it would be good to see that everything is alrite before we tell family at Xmas.
Going to try organise a midwife today, hopefully early enough to get my first choice.
I feel so much more relaxed about it all second time round. If I didnt want a particular midwife and need a dating scan I would probably wait till after our holiday to sort n e thing.

Sennight- my scan was alos for my peace of mind! I had been having cramps and had chem pregnancy few months ago and have stressful job anyway so just needed to know baby was ok (and where it should be not ectopic). Also my sisters used same midwife and they both have had miscarriages in the past (now have 2 kids each) so she sympathised with my need to know all was ok so far!

Courtina- Our baby is due 1st August and was 4.3mm (=6 weeks) on Monday's scan, so 1mm is quite small, maybe they have date wrong rather than development? Hope all is ok!

I am in NZ. We are definitely gonna have the 12 week scan to check nuchal fold- that will be around mid Jan. Then I think next one is 18-20 weeks anatomy scan? So far as I know we have to pay for 12 week one (paid for 6 week one $30) and only 16-20 week one is free? Sound right NZ mums-to-be?

Hi MrsVM, question for you from TTC December thread!! Since you seem to be the expert haha, I had a temp dip today at 5DPO!! Ill attach my chart. Is this too early for an implantation dip?? Ive also had very mild crampy pangs in lower abdomen, barley noticable but i can feel them...

What do you think? I so want to join you girls!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/31f9e7

Sennight- my scan was alos for my peace of mind! I had been having cramps and had chem pregnancy few months ago and have stressful job anyway so just needed to know baby was ok (and where it should be not ectopic). Also my sisters used same midwife and they both have had miscarriages in the past (now have 2 kids each) so she sympathised with my need to know all was ok so far!

Courtina- Our baby is due 1st August and was 4.3mm (=6 weeks) on Monday's scan, so 1mm is quite small, maybe they have date wrong rather than development? Hope all is ok!

I am in NZ. We are definitely gonna have the 12 week scan to check nuchal fold- that will be around mid Jan. Then I think next one is 18-20 weeks anatomy scan? So far as I know we have to pay for 12 week one (paid for 6 week one $30) and only 16-20 week one is free? Sound right NZ mums-to-be?

MrsVM, im an NZ mummy, in auckland. ive never had to pay for any scans. even the 4d one i got at 20weeks. you have to pay if you want a DVD of it i think thats like $20 or $30. otherwise i thought scans were free. well the main ones anyway (12weeks and 20weeks)

Paige 23/5/06 Tyler 27/11/08

Morning everyone

So glad to be seeing all the BFP's and so many ladies joining in grin fingers crossed for the ladies wanting to as well

Just a quick hello today - had some dramas with the storms, bit of flooding and power/phone outages grrr. Just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is doing ok. MS has kicked in with a vengance - very relieved!

Big hugs

Linda oxo

DS 11/3/07 DD 2/7/09

ive been having some on and off cramping so far, starting to become paranoid thinking that an impending m/c will come again! Saw the doctor wednesday, had bloods then and doctor said they are really good and just had some today am waiting to hear that the hcg levels are still good! The we have our first scan on 22nd december if all goes to plan!

Good to hear everyone is progressing fairly well and good luck to those of u hoping to. Just thought I would let u all no that the doctor has prescribed me Maxolon for the vomitting and I have since been able to eat a little bit and not spew as much but I still have the intitial morning sickness and still spew every now and then durng the day but its not constant anymore (and I have only taken 2 Maxolon-1 each morning) I am trying not to use it coz it's a category C i think but I still need to eat so yeah Im gettin there.

Oh and I cannot sleep at all the only time i can sleep is a nap during the day but I cant sleep during the night, is anyone else having so much trouble sleeping?? My body is exhausted and aches all the time coz I am soo tired ugh bring on T2!!!
Howdy ladies...

Yay, I can join too... We got our BFP on Monday. Not sure exactly what the due date is as cycles were all over the place so we will have to wait till the dating scan

Hoping that this time around it wont be such an aweful 9 months!!! Had MS right up till the time she was born, and I am a tad scared of how I am going to deal with that and a 1 year old!!!
Sennight - im having problems sleeping through the night! im so exhausted throughout the day and i can easily nap to help it but at night i struggle falling asleep!

Are cramps normal? I havhem just bout all thee time, not really bad ones just achey...

thetinyone - Cramping is apparently normal, as long as its not severe. Just the body getting ready for the baby so ive been told smile

Re scans: I guess we are just not lucky in Hamilton then, here is link to Hamilton Radiology and all scans are $30 (includes CD rom of all pics, but you don't get option not to have them...)

http://www.hamiltonradiology.co.nz/index.asp?pageID=2145874801

Hi MrsVM, question for you from TTC December thread!! Since you seem to be the expert haha, I had a temp dip today at 5DPO!! Ill attach my chart. Is this too early for an implantation dip?? Ive also had very mild crampy pangs in lower abdomen, barley noticable but i can feel them...

What do you think? I so want to join you girls!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/31f9e7

Symptoms sound good... Re implantation dip- it is possible to implant anywhere from 5-14DPO, so guess see what happens in next few days.
Good luck!!!
Sign in to follow this topic