Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Due August 2011 Lock Rss

yea its quite upsetting. i keep thinking its my fault i havnt done enough to get him into the right position. but i know ive been doin my best.
im goin into the hosp tomorrow to get balloon thing put in n tht should open the cervix.
hopefully it doesnt go as far as having the hormone drip cause i think they still consider it a normal birth.
and ill still be able to move around and get in the pool if the balloon wrks or if i hve to have the gel stuff.
ill def try to go with out drugs for as long as possible.
and ive been crawling around the floor trying to get him to move!
also tried some pulsitilla homeopathic remedy which is meant to make him move.
fingers crossed i go into labour tonight and dont need to go to the main hosp at all lol.

hope all the new mummies are enjoying having their lil buddles. sounds amazing!!!!!

I saw your name as the last person posted and i thought it was going to be a birth annoucement! sad sad sad

Sounds like your having a tough time with it all, my thoughts are with you and i hope everything runs smoothly.

xxx

yea its quite upsetting. i keep thinking its my fault i havnt done enough to get him into the right position. but i know ive been doin my best.
im goin into the hosp tomorrow to get balloon thing put in n tht should open the cervix.
hopefully it doesnt go as far as having the hormone drip cause i think they still consider it a normal birth.
and ill still be able to move around and get in the pool if the balloon wrks or if i hve to have the gel stuff.
ill def try to go with out drugs for as long as possible.
and ive been crawling around the floor trying to get him to move!
also tried some pulsitilla homeopathic remedy which is meant to make him move.
fingers crossed i go into labour tonight and dont need to go to the main hosp at all lol.

hope all the new mummies are enjoying having their lil buddles. sounds amazing!!!!!

I saw your name as the last person posted and i thought it was going to be a birth annoucement! sad sad sad

Sounds like your having a tough time with it all, my thoughts are with you and i hope everything runs smoothly.

xxx
Hey Rach77 & Ally_cat (and others still waiting)

It's really frustrating at this stage - I had contractions on and off for 8 days before bub was born, they'd get to about 6 mins apart then disappear! So darn frustrating! I completely understand how you ladies must be feeling.
Baby will come, one way or the other. My thoughts are with you, hope things go really well for ya:)
Allycat I feel for you that overdue...im hoping that since you havent made a post that you have had your baby some way some how and hope it went well if thats the case.

41 weeks today....cervical sweep tomorrow...omg I hope it works. I have really truely had enough...got very annoyed last night with the heartburn (nothing worked to relieve it) and being uncomfortable!! I ended up getting up at 12.30am and folded our washing in the lounge and watching some recorded TV programmes...finally falling asleep on couch just after 2am and had a pretty good sleep. Does my head in though!! Grrr!!

Dolphinmia hope you get the reflux sorted doesnt sound very nice at all.

Glad to hear everyone else seems to be doing ok and enjoying their babies...cant wait to join you all smile

Thank you smile I live in Auckland smile

Need some advice hopefully not TMI but my milk hasnt come in just yet but my breast are hurting terribley. Bubs is feeding and im expressing the colostrum too just to make sure that she is getting enough, but I cant lay in bed without been in pain. They are getting heavy and hard. Is there anything you can do to take a bit of the pain away??

my midwife suggested soaking nappies in water and freezing them then stick em in ur bra they work like cold packs and mould to ur boobs smile
hi girls

how are we all going? we going ok.. feeling like the days roll into nights and nights into days. we kinda have a 4 hour feed routine just pending whether she has a lil chuck or not and she will wake and want another feed 1-2 hours latter and she is fussy in the amount she has too each time she alternates. we had probs with getting her wind up to so i have been putting these drops in her bottles seems to help a lil bit.
does anyone else have wind probs???

still recovering from my c section i think i overdid it today with lifting the pram. naughty i am.

we have our first dr appoint tmrw i am keen to see how much weight she has put on the lil chubba has gone from 0000's to 000's in 2 weeks!
hi all,
i am pleased to announce Kellim Darryl has finally arrived in the world 15days late on friday the 2nd of sept 2011 at 1:10am after 18 hours of labour. 10pound 5ounces. By C-Section.

on wednesday afternoon i went and got the catheter put in to help dialate my cervix and on thursday morning at 250 my waters broke.
called the midwife who told me to go bak to slp until 8 wen she would come around. contractions were 10mins apart then and very painful so got into the bath until 7am then lay in bed until the midwife came and checked me. contractions were 2-3mins apart by then but midwife said to stay home until i felt i needed to go in to the hosp as my cervix was only 3cm dialated.
got bak into the bath until 11am when i decided i couldnt handle it anymore. meet mum n the midwife at the hosp.
i spent most of the time in the shower as i wasnt allowd in the birth pool until i was 6 cm.
got checked again wen i got to the hosp and again at 4pm which i was still only 3cm dialated.
the consulting doctor was called as my waters had been broken for so long and wasnt progressing.
had to have an epidural to relax the muscles and see if that would help Kellim turn by midnight and another couple of check i had only dialated to 6cm so wasnt really progressing.
so had to have a C-Section. which was the most scariest thing ive ever done. as they wouldnt put me to slp which i am happy about now but at the time was terrifying.
Congrats, AllyCat! I hope baby is happy and healthy, and you are adjusting to life with a newborn. You've certainly waited long enough smile

Be gentle on yourself - recovery after a c-sect can be a little painful and frustrating. Take things as easy as possible:)
BIG CONGRATS ALLYCAT!!!!!
love the name of your precious little one!!
Hope you and baby are well...c-sects are scary!!
Please take care of yourself!!

AFM, me and baby are doing well 2weeks has flown by so quickly!!
breastfeeding has gotten much easier and i just brought an electronic babyswing so i can catch up on things without baby on one arm!! laugh
i borrowed some baby information books from the library 4 a good read.
slowly catching up on sleep but still feel tired @ the end of the day!Loving the family life very much tho!!

hope everyone else and their bubbas are doing well and take care!!
xoxo
Our little boy Troy Thomas arrived on Fathers Day (Sun 4 Sept) at 2.27am, weighing 8.8lb/4025 grams.

Had midwife appointment Friday morning and she did a sweep on me...went for walks etc...nothing....that night 11.53am was woken with contractions beginning slowly but progressivly getting stronger. Called MW about 3.30am she said to keep resting as contractions werent established being 7-10mins apart. 7am Sat morning contacted MW and she came at 9am checked me no dilation etc so another sweep. A walk...trying to keep active...contractions incresing and getting regular...MW came at 4pm checked me 3cm dilated....yay established labour, MW said next time I call her we will meet at hospital...so another walk keeping busy and active after walk contractions were about 5mins apart...8pmish contractions incresing and getting very painful by now they are about 3 mins apart, tried the bath for pain relief didnt really work, called MW at 9.30pm headed up to hospital met her there aswell as student MW. Glad I was at hospital by now...an hour after being there MW checked me 7cm dilated...lots of pacing around delivery room between contractions...felt very calm and relaxed...about 1.50am i was fully dilated...waters broke contractions were sooo intense....had lots of gas...just over 30mins later Troy was born...10 fingers 10 toes...perfect lil man. He cried for about an hour after his birth...absolutly AMAZING labour and birth soooo different from my first (I was induced) I felt in complete control and very calm. My partner was amazing throughout he never left me side. MW was awesome aswell owe so much to her for creating a calm & relaxing atmosphere smile

2 days later im so tired been up most of last 2 nights feeding...bless my little man...but ALL of this...the pregnancy, labour and birth so worth it. Hes just delicious!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Congrats to Ally_cat sounds like a stressful experience but hope you are coping ok.

So is that it for the August babes?? are we waiting for anyone else??
Love to you all and your new babes smile
congrats Rach.

hows every1 going??
been awhile since i been on here.
feels like the last 3weeks have gone really slowly lol.
Kellim is sleeping 6-7hours at night which is great being able to get sleep hes a noisy sleeper tho. lol.
and tends to stay awake most of the day. which is better than being awake during the night.
ive stopped breastfeeding now as i was having so much trouble with it. my nipple were not healing at all and were getting more cracked and bleeding everytime. and was very painful. ive been expressing the milk and bottle feeding it to him though.
and topping up with abit of formula. i feel so guilty and really bad that i didnt want to feed him but he seems more settled now and im much more relaxed and confident with him.
hope every1 is doing well!!!

congrats Rach.

hows every1 going??
been awhile since i been on here.
feels like the last 3weeks have gone really slowly lol.
Kellim is sleeping 6-7hours at night which is great being able to get sleep hes a noisy sleeper tho. lol.
and tends to stay awake most of the day. which is better than being awake during the night.
ive stopped breastfeeding now as i was having so much trouble with it. my nipple were not healing at all and were getting more cracked and bleeding everytime. and was very painful. ive been expressing the milk and bottle feeding it to him though.
and topping up with abit of formula. i feel so guilty and really bad that i didnt want to feed him but he seems more settled now and im much more relaxed and confident with him.
hope every1 is doing well!!!

i know how u feel about the guilt part, Nathaniels got Reflux and weve had a rollercoaster with it and been very painful tried all diff medications and stuff we introduced a formula at night to see if he settled with it and he was brilliant.. so did that for a few weeks then the reflux flared up and i had to make the hard decision of giving up breastfeeding and put him on a anti reflux formula and he is ALOT better and settles and sleeps so easily like he was before the reflux happened. At the end of the day you gotta do whats best for you and your baby so what if breast is best... in an ideal world but lets face it its not! Its taken me a while to come to terms with it, but if they are happy thats the main thing.

Sign in to follow this topic