Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Babies Due October 2009 Rss

With my DS, I had a bit of MS but it was mostly in the afteroon. With this little one it came at different times during the day, but I never got sick just felt sick.

I didn't find out with my first, and I won't be finding out with this one either, I like the guessing game.

I did have a strong feeling I was having a boy with my first, but this one I have no Idea.

I have my first hospital app on Tues 24/03/09, looking forward to meeting my MidWife.

I hope everyone is keep well

well im back from my appointment, and after having a bit of a nanna nap while DD is asleep I though I would come back on here for a bit...

Appt went well.. although, im not really that impressed with the way people treat u and dismiss the severety of the sickness.. I even asked for only female drs/midwives for my appts, and they said no we cant garuntee that...

Im seriously considering going private with this one, I just cant understand why u have private health and then still pay through the neck when u go to hospital.. when public is free...

anyway.. enough complaining about the system in adelaide!! Umm.. I have my testing u/s on 9th april, along with bloods, then 2nd u/s 1st week june followed by next antenatal on 10th june... I'm quite surprised how long it is inbetween antenatals... I dont think it was that much with DD..

As for the MS.. I cant stand ginger at the best of times.. even just the thought of it makes me feel icky!!! So ginger is out of the question!! Thanks for the suggestion though!! LOL I admit the sickness is good coz i know the pregnancy is going well.. but its still very hard to deal with while being so severe..

mcnamarababy - I know what you mean about being a bit concerned with having no MS.. I was pregnant back in Sept 08 with no MS then miscarried in Nov 08.. But if you reackon u were like that with your DS then im sure everything is fine smile good luck smile

anyway.. sorry for the long post.. hope the rest of you are going well... Im gonna go have some lunch and hope it stays down!!!

oh oh oh... and coz i forgot... We didnt find out the sex with DD, wanted the surprise, but we are thinking we will find out this time so we can get everything ready better..
[Edited on 20/03/2009]
Hey davstef have you considered a massage or chiropractor for headaches. I know there's a theory about massages before 4 months, but I went to my chiro the other week and had a massage and they said as long as its not a deep one and its done by someone who knows what they're doing, you should be right. I get really bad headaches when my neck or back is out and just feel like crap (which is all the time at the minute lugging a 10kg toddler around all day!) and you never know if it might help with the MS too.

And, everyone's different, but I actually find women are LESS sympathetic to pregnancy issues, so maybe a man would be ok to plead your case to if you got nowhere with the ladies?

I'm not convinced on a sex, other people are jumping at conculsions already - they'll be buggered by the time October comes around jumping this early! They're all excited because I barely had a pregnancy symptom, let alone nausea with the girls!

We will find out the sex, we did with our girls and I loved kind of knowing them as a person before we met them, but we didn't tell anyone else.

I just wish I could tell people already! I'm concious of my belly sticking out and people keep looking at it! My mum says (with all her wonderful lack of tact) its because I haven't got back into shape and my muscle tone back since DD2! Got to love honest mums!!

Sorry for the long post - I'm avoiding my dishes!

Isobel 19/7/06 Molly 14/2/08 Sam 4/10/09

Hi ladies,

Kim - i'm soooo sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are ok!!!

I suffer from nausea+++. No vomiting thank goodness. Gingernuts and ginger beer seem to work temporarily....

I have noticed some trousers don't fit anymore around the tummy but haven't put on any weight. Is this usual? normal? It's all new to me.

Went for my first obstetrician appt last wednesday and need another one this Wednesday. Obstetrician was really nicer and easy to get along with.

Hope everyone well.

Karynne

/ur

Karynne
Thats totally normal for some pants to not fit now, as things start to move around and grow and you start to get some maternal fat stores your body changes heaps, I've got one pair I can't wear anymore and my work pants will only last me another 2 weeks then I'll have to switch to my "fat pants" that I wear for about 2 months after giving birth and before the normal clothes fit again. I hate that inbetween stage where you don't look pregnant but just fat around the belly, and maternity clothes are really too big but normal clothes are too small ! I love it once I'm about 18-20 weeks then everyone knows it is a pregnant belly and my maternity clothes fit fine smile

Posted by: Isobel''''''''s mum
Hey davstef have you considered a massage or chiropractor for headaches. I know there's a theory about massages before 4 months, but I went to my chiro the other week and had a massage and they said as long as its not a deep one and its done by someone who knows what they're doing, you should be right. I get really bad headaches when my neck or back is out and just feel like crap (which is all the time at the minute lugging a 10kg toddler around all day!) and you never know if it might help with the MS too.

And, everyone's different, but I actually find women are LESS sympathetic to pregnancy issues, so maybe a man would be ok to plead your case to if you got nowhere with the ladies?

Thanks for your suggestions, I actually tried Chiro when I had my miscarriage, so Im not really sure about doing that again until im past 12 wks.. Im not saying chiro had anything to do with the MC but, its the only thing i did different to DD!!... A massage does sound good though.. my back and neck have been killing me of late..

My aunty (whos a midwife) told me to try acupuncture.. So I gave that a go last week and she gave me a full meal plan to try and it did work but then on Sunday afternoon everything came straight back up and im back to square 1.. Im not too keen on going back to acupuncture constantly as its really not cheap (even with private health cover) and I dont know that it is going to help if everything she said to do, im doing and its come back...

As for the midwives at the hospital.. U might be right.. maybe a male might be more sympathetic.. Females just seem to dismiss it as part of pregnancy and completely disregard how severe it really is.. U know in all the books how it says "if u have any of these symptoms tell your Dr straight away" yeah well.. fat load of good it does..

I'm throwing up every hour, I'm dizzy and lightheaded, I've got no energy, Not holding anything down, and thats just the start of it.. I feel dehydrated but no.. unless ur mouth is completely dry u must be fine!!

anyway.. sorry for my rant again.. just feeling sorry for myself I guess!!.. I cant wait for October so its all over and done with!! I dont know how women can say they love being pregnant!!! I hate it!!! (i love the end result though!!!)
I had headaches from about 12 weeks to 24 weeks, every day. I have just started getting them again. Wednesday mum was working and i had a bad miagraine and couldnt keep anything down. luckily DS was excellent, made his own breakfast (hes 2), got me drinks all day and sat and watched cartoons while I slept/laid in bed. Mum ended up taking me to the Dr that afternoon to get a shot of Maxalon.
My Dr said headaches during pregnancy like this are from the hormones on your body. I'm just trying to relax and not do much at all. I have my friends wedding on Saturday that I am photographing, so I NEED to be ok for that otherwise she won't have any pics of her special day plus I really want to wear the dress I bought 2 months ago (fingers crossed it still fits)

My nausea seems to be ok today which is great considering how horrible I have been feeling.
I have my NT scan on 2nd April. I can't wait.

Hey everyone

I'm 10wks today!!! Yay only 2 wks to go!

We outed ourselves last night at a work party for DH...I feel that if something was to happen now we would need the support of everyone and that then the questions as to why we didn't share earlier would happen...everyone is really excited for us they know it's been a long slog to get here and how much we wanted this.

We have decided not to have the scan, we have to pay for it where we live and after looking into it the only reason to have it is really so we can see our baby...I know that there is something in there cause I'm sooo tired and sick every morning and my boobs are huge...I'll just have to wait it out I guess.

I have booked my first midwife's appointment at our birth centre...it's after Easter and I'm so excited to get the ball rolling.

I have to pay $100 for the NT scan. I am getting it for a couple reasons, so i can see bub, make sure everything is ok, if not I would prefer to know now then at 18 - 20 weeks. I'm not really worried as I have all the ms, sore boobs, tiredness, but I just want it to be sure theres nothing wrong.

I have been in so much pain today. In my groin, I'm so over it. I had some stretching pains in my hips earlier, with a bit of a massage they went away.

I can smell roast cooking and it's making me sooo hungry.

The joys of pregnancy lol

Hey Everyone

How are you all going?

MS is starting to disappear for me which is nice, mostly just there late evenings which I can handle.

I can barely fit anything anymore, my tummy is sticking out!!

YAY not long now till I can see bumble, have first hospital appointment next week, it makes it all that much more real that its happening again!!

Well Hope you are all feeling well

was Bubbagirlsmama

Hi Everyone

How are we all feeling?

Sorry I havn't been on the last week things have been really hectic with DH going away. I will update the timeline shortly.

Well I have hit the magical 12 week mark and nausia seems to be gone now woo hoo. Still a bit tired today but I only got 3.5hrs sleep last night so that would explain it.

I have a bit of a TMI question. I'm wondering if I have a UTI the last few night when I get up and need to go to the toilet in the middle of the night and feel like I need to go really bad get there and nothing comes out at first or at all and it feels a bit uncomfortable.
I've never had one before but figure thats what it might be. Through the day is fine no problems. Any Ideas???

I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow so I will be asking her then and can't go to the GP today as I'm not sitting there waiting for 2 hrs with 3 kids in a doc surgery.

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Morning Ladies,

Well I'm over the 12 week mark, feeling much better. A bit like you JSCnBump just tired.

I have my first hospital app tomorrow, will meet my Midwife so really looking forward to that. I hoping it will be the same one as with my DS.

Can't beleive I heading to Ireland Sunday week and I have nothing done, I think I will have to pull a couple of all nighters to get everything washed, Ironed and packed away.

It looks like most of us have either hit the 12 week mark or just about to. I hope everyone starts to feel better soon.

Sign in to follow this topic