Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Babies Due October 2009 Rss

Hi everyone just a quick update

I had an ultrasound on Friday and discovered bubs is younger that we thought. I'm now Due on the 26th October.

Dean Alex 14/09/2007 ; Adrian James 08/10/2009

Hey girls, sorry I have not been around lately...everything is fine just super busy with work and then when I get home I sooo tired!

Am sick every morning straight out of bed but after that the day passes without much trouble.

I'm really excited that I am 9 weeks today only 3 more weeks til I'm totally out of the closet LOL.

I have not had any appointments as such yet, first with mid-wife is on the 16th of April - will be 13 weeks then - so jealous of all of you who have had appointments and scans already.

If you don't mind me asking - if you chose to have a Nuchal Translucency Scan how old are you? The reason I ask is that my doctor said because of my age 28 that it really was not worth having as my risk factor was really low....but reading that so many people are having it done has made me wonder if we have made the wrong decision.

Hi everyone

Havn't been on the last few days. Our stupid modem carked it.

Posted by: MarniT
If you don't mind me asking - if you chose to have a Nuchal Translucency Scan how old are you? The reason I ask is that my doctor said because of my age 28 that it really was not worth having as my risk factor was really low....but reading that so many people are having it done has made me wonder if we have made the wrong decision.

I'm 27 and will be getting the NT scan done.
I think if you are unsure what you would do if the unfortunate situation came up that bubs has down syndrome then regardless of what you doctor thinks get the test done. If you are 100% positive that it does not matter then there is no point in doing the test.

For me I have 3 other kids to think about in the equation so if there was a problem I want to know and be able to make an informed decision. And after going through what we did with DS at 21-22 weeks preg it was really hard and I really wish I had the NT scan with him as it would have given a better idea

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Hello, Please remove me from the timeline as I have miscarried this past week. It appears that my little bean died at about the five week mark and I have miscarried over the 7-8 week mark. No particular reason found.

Good luck everyone

Kim

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and I wish you all the best for the future

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Hi my name is rhonda.
mum of 5 kids.emma 9 1/2,jacob 8,zoe 6,hayley 2 1/2,kacie 5 months.im pregnant with bub number 6.and my confirmed due date is the 30th of october,but i will have another preterm baby.as my last 2 have both come at 32.which would be around august
Kim, so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you are coping the best you can.

Posted by: MarniT

I am 25 and will be having the scan. I know my risks are pretty low, but I still feel I would like to know if anything is wrong....plus I just really want to see my bubba!!

mel

MarniT I am almost 25 and I will be having the test done, if anything is wrong with bub I would rather know now then later on at the 18 - 20 week scan. My Dr just asked if I wanted it and I said yes and she was happy to give me a referral.
I rang up and booked that this morning and I'm having it on 2nd April at 9:00, I'm so excited. Its a day when my DS won't be at day care so I guess he will be coming with me, but thats ok.

I feel so crap today. I just tried to have a sleep but couldn't so thought I'd come on and say hi and see how everyone is doing.

Hey Mel,

I'm 23 myself, and when it gets closer I will be getting my first scan done too.

The main reason is just to see our baby of course:)

My personal view, which some obviously may not agree on smile
I feel that having the NT scan and blood tests done is just part of the modern pregnancy process, just like having blood tests done throughout the pregnancy.
And if something is wrong, then at least you can say you were prepared for an outcome from the tests and then its up to you and hubby to make a decision smile

I think waiting until 20 weeks for your first scan will make it hard on everyone involved in the pregnancy if something is wrong, and like you said... the chance to see bubba for the first time is soo exciting I can't wait until 20 weeks anyway grin

ALL SOO EXCITING!!!!!

I also can't wait to find out if we are carrying a boy or a girl.

Jewels

Cheers
Jewels smile

Anyone have any theories on how to tell they are having a boy or a girl before they go for their scan?

I love hearing the different ideas.. like holding your wedding ring on a string over you belly, things like that???

Jewels
[Edited on 17/03/2009]

Cheers
Jewels smile

Hey Everyone.

How are we all feeling? I am starting to feel slightly better which is nice, I am hoping it lasts and only gets better.

I am having the NT Scan, I want to know that everything is okay and also see Bumble.

I loved the 20 weeks scan with DD, she was being a monkey though and they had to keep getting me to walk around to get her in the right position, it was a very long scan but they got all her measurements which was fantastic and then they were so kind to just let us check her out in 3D and they took a 3D photo of her face, it was amazing, i so hope we get the same thing with Bumble.

Alecia

was Bubbagirlsmama

YAY!!! I am booked in for my scan on the 30th!! So excited can't wait to see this little one smile Just wondering if anyone else has thier previous scans on video and if they still do that? I have DD#1 20 week and all the scans I had with DD#2 on video and I love it!! I hope I can get a 3D one at the 20 week my BF had the pics and they are awesome! Hope everyone is feeling well xx

Sign in to follow this topic