Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Opinions Please Lock Rss

Hi All!

We are due to have #2 in Sept. We already have a girl but this one is a boy... and we are really struggling with names!

What do you think of Baxter? I want something a little different but not too way out there!

I knew someone who's last name was Baxter.... Personally I dont like last names as first names (because I already find it hard to remember names and I get confused if I know their first name sounds like a last name, I forget which way around it is lol)

BUT it does seem to be what you are looking for "something a little different but not too way out there!"

Just keep the spelling of it to Baxter ok? not something like Bahxta or something, THEN its "way out there"

Edit... To everyone reading, no my name is not Auntie Anna lol...

I really like the name!!! For some reason though, it reminds me of a teddy bear's name!

I really like the name!!! For some reason though, it reminds me of a teddy bear's name!

Me too! But I don't know why either ......
I always feel really bad when I don't like the name someone has chosen sad sad I don't like the name Baxter though.. it seems more like a name someone would name their pet. Sorry.

With that being said, 100% of people won't like the name my husband and I have chosen and we're not changing it, we love it.. so meh! smile Just go with whatever you love smile
My friend has a little boy named Baxter. Beautiful little boy and the name suits him perfectly! I say go for it, it is a great name.
I like the name baxter-makes me think of a cheeky/cool boy also sounds a little like a super hero side kick lol!
Pretty sure there is a brand called Baxter for soup or gravy but I wouldn't let that bother you smile

I think so long as you like it then thats all that matters smile
Baxter sounds too much like a surname to me... or a pet name, sorry to be nagative!!! sad
If YOU love it though, use it! more and more 'last names as fist names' are being used especially for Boys names. Like Cooper, Ryder, Smith, Jackson, Harvey, etc thats all I can think of at the moment but there are heaps out there.

Me too! But I don't know why either ......

My daughter had a baby toy teddy teether thingy that had "Baxter" stamped on his bum! I think it was a pretty common character toy, so possibly you both have seen it too smile

As for the original post, I like the name Baxter! It does bring to mind a cheeky little personality though smile
Sign in to follow this topic