Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Thought's on this name? Rss

Hi there,
what are your thoughts on this boy name?

Jakob Saxon

I'm a big believer in only using middle names that are family names and only having one middle name for my children BUT Saxon has absolutely no connection to our families, it's just a random name i seen and fell in love with when i put it with Jakob. How would this child feel having a random middle name when all siblings have been named after family memebers... your thoughts would be MUCH appreciated smile
I personally like both names - and IMO give your child whatever middle name you like!

Why the 'k' in Jakob though and not a 'c'?

I personally like both names - and IMO give your child whatever middle name you like!

Why the 'k' in Jakob though and not a 'c'?

i carefully picked a 'k' to be in Jakob rather then a 'c' because i wanto be able to shorten the name to jake in writing without it looking as though the spelling has fully changed. Jacob - Jake, Jakob - Jake
Such a good point! Why do we always add letters to abbreviated names that don't exist in the original?

Hi there,
what are your thoughts on this boy name?

Jakob Saxon

I'm a big believer in only using middle names that are family names and only having one middle name for my children BUT Saxon has absolutely no connection to our families, it's just a random name i seen and fell in love with when i put it with Jakob. How would this child feel having a random middle name when all siblings have been named after family memebers... your thoughts would be MUCH appreciated smile

Love it!
Our little ones middle name will be Michael which is my Dads name.

I'd go with just Jake Saxon if ur going to call him Jake anyway!?? That sounds awesome!
Does anyone in your family start with an 'S' @ least?? Good luck grin

Love the name. It gets complicated when choosing names that are in or not in families though doesn't it? When we had our first we decided not to use any family names as we only liked names on my side of the family and I didn't want to offend my DP's family. In the end though we went with Matilda Chloe and it turns out that my DP had a great great grandmother names Matilda and if he had come out a girl he was going to be called Chloe so go figure!

I'd go with just Jake Saxon if ur going to call him Jake anyway!?? That sounds awesome!

yes Jake alone is lovely but i still prefer Jakob as it's more of a professional full name for his future and may choose to call himself Jake.. at least he'd have that more formal choice if u know what i mean..?!

and ps, LOVE your idea about someone in the families name starting with 's' to have a connectin.... LOL my name starts with S !!
I dont think it matters for this child to have a random middle name while the others have family middle names.

We dont use family names in our kids names because we dont want the arguments of "oh well SHE'S names after me", and it would happen unfortunately :S.

So if you like it, go for it grin

Yay, thats awesome your name starts with 'S' ~ the perfect meaning!!
My DS's mn is Will after my dad William so i felt the same about DS2 having a mn with meaning!
DS2's mn ended up being Taj which stands for T = Travis (hubby's mn), A - Anthony (Hubby's pops name) & J = James (my pops mn)
Just have to think creatively! wink Good luck! grin
ps. Totally understand why u prefer Jakob ~ more choices really ~ my personal style is just short & sweet! smile

Sign in to follow this topic