Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. My two cents - I hope this won't start a fight, just a discussion.

My two cents - I hope this won't start a fight, just a discussion. Lock Rss

haha cockrin..poor bloke...

ahhh the amy ad....damn tv and their cathcy jingles. I got called vanessa the undresser as a kid...i was always a smartarse and came bak wit something tho. So it sorta didnt bother me that much. my bfs middle name is Rudolf....and yes i think his mum should b shot...like come on...she must be a christmas fan or sumtin......prancer on the other hand...? lol
I've only read the OP and havent bothered to read the replies.....I can imagine what they say.

I agree 100% with you. I started a thread a few months back about "made up names" and got completely trashed on for having my opinion.

Just wanted to let you know I agree with you.

[Edited on 18/03/2009]
i actually agree too.. I know its petty but I know from experience how much it can upset a child.. My name is Stephanie, but it is spelt Stefani. Everyday at school the teachers would pronounce it stef-fani and all the kids would laugh.. and if it wasn't that I would get called things like stiff-fani etc.. and to this day, whenever u need to give your details to anyone, your name is constantly spelt wrong or pronounced wrong and you've gotta correct everyone..

If however my parents had spelt it the "normal" way I would never have had any of these problems!...

It doesnt bother me anymore and i quite like the way its spelt now, but as a kid I hated it.....

but anyway... I think some parents really should consider what will happen through school etc because of a name... for example I knew someone growing up called Wayne Kerr.... Now whats the first thing that comes to your mind?? Thats just cruelty to the poor child......

My 2 cents said.......
Well you got your fight! hehe

I dont think it's really child abuse. Maybe, cruel???

But anyway, I too dislike weird names or seriously dodgy spelling of normal names.. Naming your child after an alcoholic beverage or food I feel is overstepping the line also. And that is why I dont name my children these types of names. But if others choose to do so, well that's just like people who dress like goths, or too much makeup, or wear their pants so low you can see their undies, or wear too tight a jean that your fat hangs over the top of them, or pierce themselves left, right and centre, or dress like trashy ho's etc. I think you get then picture. I hate these things too, and choose not to do any of the above, but other people feel that by doing so they are "individuals" or making some sort of statement or refusing to conform to society and that is what makes them happy. So is it really hurting anyone???? Not sure...
i haven't been on huggies for a while now (too busy with kids) but am sick today so thought i'd come on for a gander.. what a sad day it is now i see huggies seems not to be the same friendly forum where i've met some great friends. what is all this nastiness about? do ppl have such lil time on their hands to be fighting about nonsense. everyone has their OWN opinions about names and i think most ppl want genuine opinions about possible name choices. i hardly think a name is "child abuse". what someone may dislike others may love......
anyway, hopefully everyone can start to remember why they are on this forum in the first place.
PEACE

ds3yrs dd2yrs ds9mths

Posted by: mumofstella
I've only read the OP and havent bothered to read the replies.....I can imagine what they say.

I agree 100% with you. I started a thread a few months back about "made up names" and got completely trashed on for having my opinion.

you named your kid stella???? and want to say that other names r wrong......hmmmmm

"STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

have i made the point that it dont matter wot the name is....lol fkn cant belive that....still laughin
Posted by: SnazzyMummy

you named your kid stella???? and want to say that other names r wrong......hmmmmm

"STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA"

have i made the point that it dont matter wot the name is....lol fkn cant belive that....still laughin

LMAO Because sooo many children of today will have seen the movie (or was it theatre production?) called "A Street car Named Desiree" !

lmao
Why is this back again?

It should have been left in the black hole where it belongs smile
Posted by: *mele*
Posted by: SnazzyMummy

"STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA"

LMAO Because sooo many children of today will have seen the movie (or was it theatre production?) called "A Street car Named Desiree" !

lmao

i duno wot the original is but the simpsons did a rip off of it and so did sienfeld and im pretty sure family guy did too....

it only takes one kid that has seen the simpsone ep to start it all......just proving a point.....
Sign in to follow this topic