Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Shopping Rss

I just had the most depressing shopping experience of my life!!! My DS is now 2 weeks old and I decided to get myself out of my maternity clothes and go buy myself some new clothes. I accepted the fact that I would have to look at the bigger sizes due to the fact that not only try as I might I didn't loose any weight after having my DD 2 years ago, I have gained more weight from being pregnant with DS.
Well the depressing thing is that not even the bigger sizes fit me in my favorite shops, so I don't know what I will do now.
I don't get the weight thing though, I count my calories and exercises everyday and I can't loose weight.
I tried for 2 years after having DD, counting calories, exercising etc and nothing happened.
If anyone has some great weight lose suggestions it would be appreciated
You are being a little hard on yourself. Your DS is only 2 weeks old! Give yourself more time to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight and enjoy this time with your new baby.

I have found that eating low GI foods can help with losing weight and losing it for good. Low GI foods make you feel fuller for longer and give you more energy. Look up low GI on the web for lots of ideas. I have a few sites I can give you if I am allowed? Just let me know.

Here are a few suggestions.

Eat multigrain/wholegrain breads and cereals.
Add beans, legumes, chickpeas to casseroles etc.
Limit potatoes... sweet potato is a better choice.
Eat 2 servings of fruit and 4-5 servings of vegetables each day.
Eat lean meats and low fat dairy foods.
Eat more fish and seafood.
Raw nuts are a good snack. A handful per day, not too many.
Exercise, something that you enjoy and can do each day.

Hope this helps. All the best.

SA, 2 boys

i agree with tweety bird you are being way way WAY too hard on yourself!!! i would stop concentrating on losing weight and find something that you can enjoy with your children as a fun activityand stop stressing so much about dieting just eat right and enjoy yourself by doing a fun activity with our little ones
One thing I have always done when wanting a snack in between meals is to think to myself "now am I really hungry or just thirsty" so I have a large drink of water and then if that doesn't satisfy something filling but nutritious such as a banana or peice of toast. Helped me to loose a bit of weight before my wedding and I'm well on my way back to my pre-pregnancy weight. But as others said, give yourself time and enjoy this moment with your little ones.

Sign in to follow this topic