Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. Leaking nappy (at side/back)

Leaking nappy (at side/back) Rss

Hi,

Any advice for a leaking nappy on new born boy? His penis is pointing down, leak guards out, and pretty sure he is in right size (new born nappy and he is just a small baby so thinking dont need size up).

The odd thing is he is wetting out the side/back. So his back ends up wet, and he wets right through his nappy, 2 layers of clothes, and into his bedding. (no leaking poo, just wee)
Hey, this happens occasionally to my little guy too! Not sure why, seems weird that it comes out the back hey blink

Sorry I'm not much help lol
I was told any leaking indicates they are in the wrong size wheather it be too big or too small. How big is he? If he is very small he may even need smaller than the huggies newborn size. I put my ds into the newborn babylove nappies to start with as they are a little smaller than the huggs ones smile
How long are you going between changes? What brand of nappies? DS still has that sometimes but usually if he has had a couple of feeds overnight and no nappy change! He is also skinny but I am already in Toddler size to stop leaks.

I would go up a size in nappies. You will find that you can pull the tabs so they are tight but the waist will be a lot higher and stop leaking. The next size up will also hold more so will be less likely to leak. Its worth a try even if its not the solution bub will be in this size before long so you won't have wasted money.

PS DS2 was in crawler nappies at 2 weeks and have't had any leaks until now (he just turn nine months) time for us to go up a size in nappies. I also accidently put a walker nappy on him a few weeks ago and didn't even notice until I changed it and thought that the waist was up heaps higher.
Agree with all the other posts to try a bigger size or different brand. One thing we found also worked was put two nappies on! The first normal size then the second one bigger. Worked for our DS.

This happens to my little man too. I Cant figure out how to fix it, It just seems to be a part of it. It happens to my little man atleast once a day
That happens to my DD occasionally but it's usually when DP or MIL change the nappies as they tend to do the tabs up quite loose.

Hi,

Any advice for a leaking nappy on new born boy? His penis is pointing down, leak guards out, and pretty sure he is in right size (new born nappy and he is just a small baby so thinking dont need size up).

The odd thing is he is wetting out the side/back. So his back ends up wet, and he wets right through his nappy, 2 layers of clothes, and into his bedding. (no leaking poo, just wee)

Oh this happened to my son too when he was still a baby! smile I figured out the problem the second time it leaked. It has something to do with the elastic bands on the side of the diapers. The one that's supposed to wrap around the thighs. Keep these elastic bands facing outwards, not inwards. If this doesn't do anything, then maybe it has something to do with the diaper size smile
I'm having a similar issue, my three (almost four) week old daughter has stared to wet through her nappy and all her clothes and linen during the night (usually just the first 4 he block of sleep, not the second). She's in the newborn size (she's just under 4 kgs) and I've tried putting two nappies on her, and pitchers over the top and she still gets leakage at the side. A lot of people seem to suggest trying the next size up at night so I'll try that but any other suggestions would be appreciated smile its very frustrating to have to continually wash everything she's wet!
My son sleeps 12-13 hours without any leaks. We’ve been using Sposie Booster Pads Diaper Doubler (you can find a decent review on them here https://www.theolive.com/reviews/best-overnight... ) . They seem to hold more pee than Huggies overnites.
Sign in to follow this topic