I've got two girls now.
- After having the second, I still did not know about nipple shields. A god's gift if you're breastfeeding and you get cracked nipples!
- Take a dummy to hospital. My first didn't use one, the second wanted to use me as one for the first 24 hours. I asked the nurses if they had one, they shot me a look as if I had swore at the lot of them! Honestly, they are so rigid in their rules.
- Be aware that you can ask for top up feeds in hospital if you want bubs to get a bit of extra milk while you're waiting for yours to come in.
- Advice to me was that you can never have enough bibs. With the first I thought I'd managed it and I did have enough. My second was a chucker.... I didn't have enough LOL
- Muslin wraps that are at least 120 x 120cm are fantastic, especially if you want to keep wrapping bubs longer than newborn months.
- I don't think you can ever give a baby too much love
Absolute best advice I was given by my Maternal Health Nurse who was fantastic. Listen to what you know. She said even as a professional, I will never know what you know about your baby so if you think something is wrong, you tell me, don't wait to see if I tell you. Perfect advice because it's true. Chances are you'll just know what's up and when you don't, they will do everything they can to work with you to help find what it is.