Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Feeding your Newborn
  5. Should I change Formula ???

Should I change Formula ??? Rss

Hi,

I am just after some advise on formula. DS is 8 weeks old and was born with a tounge tie and is feed EBM during the day (about 600 mls) but has 2 formula feeds at night.

We started him on heinz nuture and which stopped him pooing so we switched to karicare. Since we changed he has been very unsettled and had really smelly and runny poo. He has also started throwing up which he has not done before.

So should i try another formula and if so what should we try next. Also how long should I use it for to notice any change??

Thanks smile
Everything I have read says "give them a couple of weeks to get used to a new formula" however, my little boy vomited (exorcist style) with two formulas which we changed within days. I didn't think it was fair to put him through that.

We started with NAN but changed after all the health issues mum's reported. S26 and the Karicare reflux one he could not stomach. We're now on Karicare Gold HA and he's ok.

It's up to you how long you wait but I would switch...buying the sachets or ready made stuff is a great way to test them first (unlike us who threw out four tins)!
I am breastfeeding and topping up with formula, I have found that she gets quite unsettled and I'm thinking of changing formula brands... I'm on the Karicare Aptimal Gold + and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I'm not sure what else to try...

It is so hard to figure out what upsets your bub.... struggling first time mum.
Sign in to follow this topic