Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Feeding your Newborn
  5. Which Formula do you use??

Which Formula do you use?? Rss

I am scheduled for a c/section in 5 weeks with bub #3 and will be FF from birth, I was just curious to see what formula other Mummas used? I used Karicare with my last baby and she was fine on that but just thought I would see what others have used.

Thanks ladies

P.S I dont need anyone's judgement on why I should breastfeed or tell me that formula will make my baby grow a second head or another set of arms etc, etc tongue ... Just formula feeding Mumma's replies please smile

Hey I use Nan HA gold. My buuba has a very sensitive tummy. Pediatrician recommended it and she actaully keeps it down!
Hi smile I used S-26 Original newborn. It was a great formula, no problems at all. Good luck finding one bub likes smile

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

I bf dd but if I had to ff I'd use Holle organic formula.
I used Heinz with all 4 of my bub's and will for #5 as well. When I bought the 1st tin for my 1st baby it was the only tin I could afford at the time (I hadn't planned to bottle feed) but it worked!

My 2nd ds was a constipated baby and was told to only use regular formula not gold as they are fortified with extra iron which causes constipation.

Good luck choosing! There are so many out there!
I combined feed but when DD went onto Formula we started on Nan Pro Gold, But she has since been switched to a reflux formula smile
Thanks so much for the helpful replies ladies, NAN seems to be a popular one, I might look in to that one.

Thanks again smile

hi i am glad i came across this post. i am scheduled for a c -section in three weeks, and have decided to formula feed too. i had chosen s26 gold newborn, but i am not so sure now. i have heard good reveiws on Nan, so may switch. really wanted to use s26 gold, but have heard it can constipate them. it's so hard, to know what to chose sad

Alicia, aiden and kiara, can i ask you if you have been asked to bring in sterlised bottles aswell as the formula, or do you get to use the hospital bottle? i have been asked to bring in botttles, but not sure how it all works, as once they are sterlised, they have to be used within 24 hours, so this would mean sterising the night before you go in for surgery, and would have to be kept very clean in the bag. ahhhh...i am so confused
Hi I highly recommend Nan Gold Ha. It's a bit more expensive but it's the closest formula to breastmilk. The hospital only used that brand. I started ff when DD2 was 3 days old. My DH had to bring in bottles and formula in for me. I washed them there and used the hospital's steriliser because that wouldn't let me use my electric one. The only let you bring in microwave sterilisers. I wouldn't think the hospital would want you to make up bottles beforehand. I would expect them to sterilise and make up the bottles for you for the 1st couple of days. I had a c-section with DD2 and there is no way you would be up to doing them. You can't get out of bed until the next day and you will be in a fair amount of pain.
I agree no-one should judge you about your decision to ff. With both DD1 and DD2 I tried sooo hard to bf but they both refused. They are both healthy kids, DD2 is 10 months and weighs 9.9kg, lol.
Both girls and myself were so much happier when we started ff.
I wish you all the best of luck.

i have been asked to bring in botttles, but not sure how it all works, as once they are sterlised, they have to be used within 24 hours, so this would mean sterising the night before you go in for surgery, and would have to be kept very clean in the bag. ahhhh...i am so confused

All that's required is a hot wash and rinse, couldn't you just do that as you need them?

Hi I highly recommend Nan Gold Ha. It's a bit more expensive but it's the closest formula to breastmilk.

I'm not sure where this piece of misinformation has come from but I've heard it mentioned several times before. If you want something like breastmilk then breastfeed, there is no copy, nothing comes close, breast milk is unique.
Im using Heinz Nuture this time, I am doing both BF and FF, was hoping to fully breast feed didnt happen again, but I am still making milk.

The choice for this was price, it smells much better than S26 gold

DD1 and DS were both on S26 gold after I attempted to BF

i used heinz nuture gold for my DD1, for 1st 5 wks i was expessing and topping up with formula then went straight FF, id recommend it but then i didnt try anything as! my DD didnt have any problems with it!
Sign in to follow this topic