Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. How old was your little one when they slept through the night?

How old was your little one when they slept through the night? Rss

How did you feel?
My DD was doing 8 hours 10pm to 6am by 6 weeks. It was wonderful. The twins it was when they were 2 months old they were doing the same thing. The twins had only been home from hospital a month. It made thing so much easier to be able to cope during the day without being so tired. But saying that they were really only skipping one feed the 2am one.

I have fantastic sleepers and even now they are older we never have any issues with bed time.

My kids have all been 3 years old before they slept all night It annoys me no end when people complain about their babies not sleeping through by 6 months or whenever! By the third child I just accepted that it would happen eventually and so it did. My now 3 years old plus 2 months old daughter has slept all night once - about 6 weeks ago. She has improved out of sight though compared to how she was so I am not complaining.
We started controlled crying the day we got home from hospital. It only took bub a month to start sleeping through the night. He was in his own room by 4 months and a cot by 5. He is almost 2 and has just started sleeping in a single bed. His sleep habits changed a bit this last week, he will lay in bed kicking the wall for up to an hour before actually sleeping. We tried keeping him up later but it didn't make a difference, he still gets around 8-10 hours a night.
5 months old and still wakes 2-3 times during the night, he wants to get into bed with me, and when I let him, he actually sleeps for hours! So we both get a bit of rest! Which is great, except now he wants to be in my bed all the time lol
But if I didn't do it, Id get so little sleep, and I found out just after he was born, how hard it is to function with severe sleep deprivation. So whatever I can do to get some shut eye, I do.
I know some mothers are against co sleeping, but it works for us. And I don't it all night, only if he really won't sleep in his cot, will I give in and put him in bed with me. Most if the time he's happy to sleep in his cot, but still wakes 2-3 times a night, I'm dreaming of the day that I get a full night sleep. Can't wait lol

Both my 2 year old and 5 year old wake up during the night and I have another due in March so I'm not sure when I'll ever get a full night sleep again lol smile
Nearly 2 years old and we're yet to get a sleep through. In fact we haven't ever had even just one wake up. 2 wake ups is our best record and 14-15 is probably our worst! I gave up trying to get my son to sleep when he was 14 months old and we now cosleep.
We had an amazing night. My boy went to bed just before 8 since he didn't want to nap during the day and only snuck out of bed once to get a teddy to cuddle with. He woke at 5:30am and I was laying in bed just waiting for him to come in and jump on me, BUT HE DIDN'T! He went back to sleep for 4 more hours all by himself. He has been so well rested and in such a good mood that he has been allowed to spend the night at his nanny's house.
Hi Mums and Mums to be. Just wanted to recommend this amazing bassinet , my husband and I got for our baby . You can have a look at at http://www.ilsbabycare.com.au/bassinet/.
It has done absolute wonders. I came cross their online store, and they were extreamly helpful when delivering it as well. Just wanted to leave a small note here!
Sign in to follow this topic