Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Help Rss

Hi everyone my son is almost 2 years old and he is still getting up between 2 to 5 times a night. He used sleep right through the night from when he was born till about 9months old and then all of a sudden like overnight he just stopped . I'm so physically and emotionally drained by it. I really need some advice pleaseI don't know what else to try. Thanks
Hi smile does he wake up with upset like he has had bad dreams or just restless?

Do you have a set routine that you do to put him to bed?
Dont feed him too close too bed time?
Has there been any huge changes to your life lately?
So hes been doing it constantly since 9 months or in stages?

You poor thing...it is hard when they dont sleep very well. Its quite common for children to go through stages of not sleeping very well but only like a week or two. My 4 yr old had night terrors when we moved and when she has a growth spurt she wakes up with sore legs etc. My 6month old generally sleeps better than her!
Have you asked a dr at all? Hope it gets better for you smile
Also is he your only child?
If he is getting up just after you put him down he might be checking on what you are doing.
Tuck him in and then stand in the hallway and wait.
If he gets up express shock and laugh and ask why he got up.
If it's too quiet in his room he might just need a ticking clock in his room to relax him.
If he says hes hot/cold/worried then gently guide him to bed and lighten/increase his bedding.
Give him hug and return to your post.
I did this for a week and by 10.30pm they have had it.
And usually stop after a week of getting put back into bed.
If he is getting up just after you put him down he might be checking on what you are doing.
Tuck him in and then stand in the hallway and wait.
If he gets up express shock and laugh and ask why he got up.
If it's too quiet in his room he might just need a ticking clock in his room to relax him.
If he says hes hot/cold/worried then gently guide him to bed and lighten/increase his bedding.
Give him hug and return to your post.
I did this for a week and by 10.30pm they have had it.
And usually stop after a week of getting put back into bed.
Sign in to follow this topic