Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Frequent night waking - 6 months

Frequent night waking - 6 months Rss

Hi, My DS is 6 months old and has been sleeping through the night since he was 14 weeks old without stiring. In the last 6 weeks or so he has been waking frequently overnight, some times hourly and is resettled by putting his dummy back in. although it is quick to resettle him, getting up every hour is getting exhausting. I have tried letting him have a little cry, but this makes no difference and he only gets more cranky.

I thought he was teething and it appeared that his teeth were finally coming through as there was a little white lump on his bottom gum,red cheeks and chewing on everything in sight but after 5 days it disappeared? Now i'm unsure what the issue is and how to fix it! Any ideas would be appreciated

Hi Kclee

I'm no expert in this field but i understand that babies go through general milestones at the 4, 8 and 12 month marks where their settling patterns change. I can suggest a good website that details these changes - www.safesleepspace.com.au

Hope this helps
DS2 has been through many phases. he went through a stage recently (about 7/8 months) of waking every 40 mins all night (for about 1 week). he wasnt hungry, just waking. every now and then he goes through another phase. DS1 never did anything like this, so i guess it comes down to personailty sometimes. i just try to be consistent with what i do and he always gets passed it eventually. it is just one of those things that comes with being a mum.

Sign in to follow this topic