Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. Can I have my parental leave extended while already on leave?

Can I have my parental leave extended while already on leave? Rss

I am expecting a baby at the end of April, am just in the process of writing my leave plans/request to my employer as kiwis on here you will know in NZ need to put it in writing to them three months before taking leave.
I am planning on letting them know that I anticipate to be back after six months, though neither my husband or myself know what things will be like of course!
I do understand I can take extended leave up to 12 months, but not sure if it is ok to have it extended while I am already on leave, if I decide I will need to be away longer. I guess it comes down to my employer, however I wondered if anyone else has done this before - been on leave and said a date they will be back, however then asked to have the leave extended? This is our first baby. Any comments/advice appreciated! smile
gold23 wrote:
I am expecting a baby at the end of April, am just in the process of writing my leave plans/request to my employer as kiwis on here you will know in NZ need to put it in writing to them three months before taking leave.
I am planning on letting them know that I anticipate to be back after six months, though neither my husband or myself know what things will be like of course!
I do understand I can take extended leave up to 12 months, but not sure if it is ok to have it extended while I am already on leave, if I decide I will need to be away longer. I guess it comes down to my employer, however I wondered if anyone else has done this before - been on leave and said a date they will be back, however then asked to have the leave extended? This is our first baby. Any comments/advice appreciated! smile

Hi there. Well, I am having my first baby by the mid of this year. I'm thinking to have a medical leave for 4 months...But, I have planned to get it extended. So, let's see how it goes with me. But, my workplace has asked me already to have it for 5 months around...But, I'll be seeing it after having my child. So, I think you should stay on hold until you get it done later...
gold you are doing right. I think this should be declared as a rule. Every organization must have a specific package for their women employees. In some countries like China, this facility is available. It’s our right. We cannot do the same things at a right time. Mostly women come back. They have to fulfill their baby’s need. That’s why maybe you also come back again.
This can help you in earning,....
http://RightJob.online/?job=4111
Sign in to follow this topic