Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. Your Biology and its changes

Your Biology and its changes Rss

I was just wondering what kind of changes you noticed (aside from the bigger boobs) after giving birth?

I think I've suddenly developed allergies (allergies to what, I'm not sure). I thought I was getting a cold, but I'm only sneezing and get a runny nose and then it feels like my eyes hurt a bit, but I'm not sick.

My mother said that after she gave birth to me she developed B.O and before me, she never had it. I hope I don't develop B.O. haha. Well, to give credit to my mother, I have never smelled any nasty B.O. She always smells fabulous.

Has anyone else noticed changes since giving birth that were a bit more than the usual breast and belly modifications? Did your hair change color etc?
The only thing I can think of is that my fingernails were super brittle before I was pregnant first time and got really strong with him. Then they never returned to being brittle. In fact they may be a little more brittle this pregnancy, but not as bad as they were prior to DS tongue

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

After having my first I became intolerant to anything in the garlic and onion family - not sure why or how (I blame the anti-boitics I had to go on after having an em c-section). But that's all I can think of really.
Well just the other day I noticed my bellybutton was very very sore... apparently its quite common after having a baby to get a very sore belly button right before your period. I had my son 8 weeks ago and this is my first period so I will be interested to see if it happens as an ongoing thing - apparently its something to do with hormones!
I now have really dark hair on my face, along my jawline, under the chin and the top lip - never had any before. I hate it but apparently it is from the male hormones I would have had in me with having DS.

I asked DF how noticable it is and he says you have to been really upclose and under the light to see it, so I asked my brother and some of our brutally honest mates who said they can't notice it! Whew!
I plan to get rid of it after we have another bubs.

Same thing happened on my arms. Before pregnancy people would ask why I shaved or waxed my arms - never did!

My hair changed colour while I was pregnant with DD#1, but it changed back after she was born! I am blonde (one of those ones who was super white blonde as a child) and blonde regrowth looks really weird! Also I've always had bad skin and having babies seems to have cured my pimples!
I was just talking about this with a hairdresser....

She was saying to me that the waves in my long hair were beautiful and that I was lucky to have them.....they were a gift to me from my son. Before I was pregnant with him my hair was dead straight, even perms didnt last well in my hair. I am extremely grateful to now have waves in my hair, I love them smile

She was saying that hair can curl after menopause too

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

I suffered from terrible IBS before DD, since having her 2.5 years ago, ive had very few attacks.
My hair has never been fantastic IMO but since dd2...it's a disaster zone lmao i have all this frizzy, curly, fluffy bits at the front that i cant do anything with.

After dd1 i started getting BO, it went away when she was about 18 months-2 yrs. Horrible.

My skin has cleared considerably.

Same with the hair thing! Mine has been so frizzy!

Im getting a decent haircut Monday, and probably a fringe...i hope this helps, if it doesnt, im making it worse laugh

It'll be frizzy cos all the new hair that you didn't get while pregnant will now be coming through, I try to wear mine out not up and this helps.

LOL!
I wear mine up, with lots of hairspray, instead of out with the frizzy bits sticking up on top that hairpray won't hold down!

But I am nearly through that stage! The joys of motherhood! smile

I was just talking about this with a hairdresser....

She was saying to me that the waves in my long hair were beautiful and that I was lucky to have them.....they were a gift to me from my son. Before I was pregnant with him my hair was dead straight, even perms didnt last well in my hair. I am extremely grateful to now have waves in my hair, I love them smile

She was saying that hair can curl after menopause too

ive always had a bit of a wave but after having my kids its definately more of a defined curl..despite the fact that i go temporarily bald for a while after the births.. it grows back eventually.

my main changes are more physical..my hips are much wider now and although ive always been pretty flexible thanks to years of dance and calisthenics when i was younger..now i am bendy as despite never doing any stretching or anything..maybe all my ligaments are all soft now? hmm..

im also alot more sensitive to fabrics that never bothered me before..artificial ones mostly
Sign in to follow this topic