Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Bleeding TMI i know! Rss

Hi Girls,

I had my son 5 1/2 weeks ago and i am still bleeding, is this normal????

He was a normal delivery with no complication except he was 4525g or 10 Pounds.

It isn't heaps and some times i think it has stop but it will only stop for half a day and then it is back.

As i said there is not much but sometimes it is red other times brown, what do you think?

Sorry i know this is a gross subject but i had to ask.

Thanks
Cass
yeah it can be, it can let up for a few days and you think its stopped and then it will start again,,,

i started passing clots about week 4 which freaked me out as i was home alone with the kids, mention it to your midwife or doctor who ever is still looking after you
don't worry too much, it can go for up to 8 weeks according to the midwife with my last. If it is light and turning brown should be fine. Do you have a 6 week check up with your doctor or clinic, mention it to them.
Hmm im pretty sure i was still bleeding at my six week check up. I know how you feel. You just want it gone smile.
But just double check with your midwife - i was forever asking her questions.
smile
It is normal, I bled for almost 8 weeks after DD was born (she was 4.61kg so another big bub! Although I don't think the size has any bearing on the bleeding). Here is a bit more TMI for you though!!! If it is smelly or if there is a lot of bright red blood then it isn't normal and you should go get checked out. If it is getting less and less then it is normal.
Sign in to follow this topic