Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

strechmarks Lock Rss

one word : YES
i hate em my boobs are full and they are so bad on there they are crapey if that makes sense so basically everything i wear shows them i am embarrased.
also a few on belly hips and all over my a**. bio oil not work 4 me nothing does
people say to me its a trophy of wat my body has produced i think my babes r my trophies, dont llike em yuck!

but seeing em on others never bothers me more critical of myself
The best thing I have ever found (and have told my friend's about it with glowing results) has been Elastic Belly Balm by Myrtle & Tuppence. It is beautiful on your skin and I really like the smell also. And not a stretchmark in site after 2 pregnancies. Find it at www.myrtleandtuppence.com.au
I have a few on either side of my hips... I hate them and my biggest fear still is breaking out around the front. I will be absolutely devestated if that happens. I want my pre pregnancy stomach back... please! Fingers crossed.

Definitely try the Elastic Belly Balm. As I was told, the oils in this product are from the South Pacific, and the women there do not get stretch marks. They use the oils used in this, so as far as I am concerned, that is enough for me to use it.
My stretch marks are all below my belly button, before my tummy got huge i could only see 1 running down the side but once i got bigger my other half didnt tell me about the rest of them sprouting everywhere. They are now massive dents in my skin but slowly getting lighter.
Rose hip oil is the best for them smile
just putting it out there
When I was pregnant with both of my two boys, each pregnancy I would rub normal Baby oil over my belly area. I didn't get any strtch marks on my stomach. I also made sure that I didn't get too big and drank a lot of pepsi max and coffee. I had smaller babies both healthy but I would do it all again.
I got loads of stretch marks from belly button down during my first pregnancy, i used to hate them esp. when they were red and obvious, now they are silvery and ive got used to them. Still keep away from bikinis etc dont quite have the confidence to go there.
My daughter once asked me if i was a zebra.....because i had stripes like a zebra. Now when she's tired she calls me mummy zebra..lol
I use Elastic Belly Balm also from Myrtle & Tuppence. I love it also. Try it and you will not be sorry.

When I was pregnant with both of my two boys, each pregnancy I would rub normal Baby oil over my belly area. I didn't get any strtch marks on my stomach. I also made sure that I didn't get too big and drank a lot of pepsi max and coffee. I had smaller babies both healthy but I would do it all again.

Sorry, but that's a horrible thing to say. The health of your baby should come before everything, and you shouldn't have been drinking lots of pepsi max and coffee. I didn't get any stetch marks during pregnancy, and I didn't use any products on my tummy. It's mostly a matter of luck whether you get them or not. You could exercise gently and watch your diet to make sure you don't put on too much extra fat stores, but nobody should condone drinking coffee to keep your baby from growing too much!
i agree with that. at the end of the day, you are creating a beautiful. i think it is rather selfish to do that just so you dont get stretch marks.

would you smoke cigarettes just so you could have a smaller baby at the end of your pregnancy?
same thing in my books
I don't mind my stretch marks (and i have a LOT of them!) I think of them as 'battle scars'. It shows i'm a mum =P haha
I also hear, and believe that if you are prone to getting stretch marks, nothing you do while you're pregnant will stop you from getting them (e.g if you have stretchmarks already anywhere on your body).
What i don't like is the lose skin after having my second baby. Also, the weight gain.. but he's only 6 months and i have plenty of time to get back into shape! In reality, we shouldn't be self conscious about our bodies after having a baby because really.. you lose some of your good features to create something that is just so amazing! =)
Sign in to follow this topic