Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Support in Brisbane Lock Rss

Hi All

I have just moved from the Hunter Valley in NSW to Brisbane. I have a 11 week old boy (Kayden) and my partner is in the Army and away alot. All of my family is in Adelaide.

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a good early childhood nurse in the northern suburbs? I havent seen anyone since Kayden was 3 weeks old, and that was just a GP for a check-up. The early childhood nurse was supposed to visit me at home after i was discharged but never showed up. Now with moving and everything, I have no idea where to start. Bubs is a good baby, sleeps well, eats well but i would like to know where I go if i need help.

Thanks
Sharon
Hi Sharon,

Here is a phone number for Child Youth and Family Health Service - 3862 2333. There are a few clinics on the south side, they might be able to tell you where they are on the north.

I go to the coorparoo clinic, they are very supportive. They have registered nurses, physio, social workers, peadiatricians etc. It's a free service and run through the QLD Gov.

By the way, that number is a 24 hour support and information number. I'll give you these numbers aswell, just incase that one doesn't help.

Children's Developmental Service - 3343 4104
Coorparoo Clinic - 3847 0902

I know the coorparoo clinic number also books for other areas. Hope this helps a little. Good Luck
Kylie

QLD, Grace 04/02/2006

The website for the Comunity Child Health Service is http://www.health.qld.gov.au/cchs/ and from here you can search for your closest Child Health Clinic.

Bree, QLD

Sign in to follow this topic