Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Desperate for a sibling!! Lock Rss

Hello and intro! I'm 36 with 1 kid conceived naturally. But, here I am wanting just 1 more. We've been trying for about 18 months now on and off. This is the month I'm starting to get serious about it. Supplements, acupuncture, no wine (kind of a biggie lol) and trying to time BD'ing with Ovulation better. 
I hope that I am welcome since we already have a kid. I know the struggle of wanting a baby and not being able to get pregnant and how hopeless you can feel. While I know it's a long shot since I have 1 ovary and POF. Also time is not on my side. We will be going the IVF route. SThe past 18 months I’ve tried to be strong and not let our fertility difficulties affect life in general. I’d probably have a couple of bad days after I’d get AF but I’d pick myself up and carry on. As of the couple of weeks I’m struggling to carry on normal life right now, I’m an emotional wreck. I’m not motivated to do anything that I used to love. I’m trying so hard to hide it and put on a brave face to everyone outside my house. My husband is my rock and normally the optimistic one. 
Looking forward some words of support from experienced ivf'ers. Would love to hear from all. Thank you and be blessed always!!
Hey, there I hope you're doing good. Secondary infertility is something that could be a reason for your problem. Considering IVF is really a good option. However, I hope that things you're doing help you naturally to conceive. IVF does work for a lot of women and I hope it does for you as well. It will require you to inject shots these will fluctuate your hormonal levels. Also once the embryo has developed they will see the hormonal level. If that is according to the requirement they will place the embryo in your uterus. Make sure to visit a good clinic for this process.
Hi! I hope you're well. I think it's great you're going the IVF route. There are so many people into these treatments these days. I find it quite inspiring. I think everyone should be open to these. Not everyone is able to conceive naturally. I remember the clinic I went to for my surrogacy experience offered IVF as well. I made some friends there who had a really good experience. Of course, it's an added plus that the clinic offered them unlimited tries until success. I know that can be a problem; not having enough tries to have success. I wish you the best with your treatment. Good luck in getting the sibling you want!
Hello. Hope the procedure goes great for you. IVF is a technical process. I hope you guys have done a proper background check on it. Fingers crossed, it goes amazingly. Good luck. Lots of baby dust.
The problem you're dealing with is called secondary infertility. It is as common as normal infertility. I think your doctor would tell better the actual reason behind your infertility. IVF is a great option to opt for. It is trending nowadays. A lot of women are happy with its results. It is proving to be very successful. The thing essential is the choice of a good clinic. Choose a clinic with high success rates. IVF may take time so I think you shouldn't waste time. It is surely a painful process. But the result is worth the pain. I hope you have a wonderful process. Don't lose hope and stay positive. All the best!
Hi! I hope you're well. I think it's great you're going the IVF route. There are so many people into these treatments these days. I find it quite inspiring. I think everyone should be open to these. Not everyone is able to conceive naturally. I remember the clinic I went to for my surrogacy experience offered IVF as well. I made some friends there who had a really good experience. Of course, it's an added plus that the clinic offered them unlimited tries until success. I know that can be a problem; not having enough tries to have success. I wish you the best with your treatment. Good luck in getting the sibling you want!
Kimmelanie221 that’s good. Why you want one more at this age? I mean if you wanted to enlarge your family circle then you should think about it before. Well, not much time has been elapsed yet. You can go through. IVF looks tough and hard to do at starting. But once you get enough information about it then all things will be easy. Just don’t lose hope at any phase because patience is the success key feature.
Sign in to follow this topic