Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

depression Rss

Depression is so common these days we all feel same when we think too much. I research too much about this and found some points i want all experienced people to suggest me like Having a baby is both an exciting and challenging time.Adding anxiety or depression can make it difficult to function and feel like you are a good enough parent. Both women and men can experience perinatal (during pregnancy and the year after birth) mental health issues and these can vary in intensity and symptoms. As a mum or dad it is easy to feel guilt and shame that can get in the way of seeking the help you need. If this is how you feel, know that you are not alone. Having perinatal anxiety or depression does not make you a ‘bad parent’. In fact, seeking help early leads to a faster recovery with less impact on you, your relationship with your baby, partner and family.
Depression during pregnancy is very common. You won't even realize that you're depressed. There are many ways to treat this depression, instead of taking antidepressants which can be bad for your pregnancy. First of all, it's better if you try to divert your mind from thinking too much about pregnancy. Share things with your partner and don't stress over it, you are not alone in this. Try to rest as much as you can. Taking care of your diet can also help you.
I am pregnant with my 3rd child and I do get depression off and on. With my 13 yr old I had post natal depression I left untreated and I really wish I had listened to others earlier.With my 3 yr old my hubby had post natal depression at first, and then I developed it after I went back to work; think it was just fatigue making everything seem so hard.
Being aware of the symptoms is half the battle; listening to those you trust is the other half. But knowing there is help if needed and you're not alone makes it so much easier to deal with.
Thank you for your kind reply's. By reading your reply's i came to know that i am not the only one who is facing this problem. This is a serious issue we have to resolve by finding perfect solution for this. I really need a proper guide for me to choose the best clinic for surrogacy.
Hi there, thanks for sharing valuable information. I agree with you that parenthood is sometimes not as simple and smooth as we feel. There is lot of tension and anxiety, this could be due to excitement and burden. It’s always better to talk about what are you going through and seek help when ever is needed.
Hey there. How are you? Hope you are doing great. Since you have researched a lot about depression, you must have taken a lot of care. Thank you so much for such a helpful post. It quite common to be stressed over the failures. People try to keep themselves relaxed but fail.
I wish everyone out there, better health.
Best wishes.
Thanks a lot.
Hi Dorry! This is something very common during pregnancy. Nothing to be ashamed of. Depression because of child's safety even before his birth. And everything else like that, but too much depression can be bad for you and your baby. So it'd be better if you try to stay happy and positive. Much love!
Dear Dorry pregnancy does not just change the posture and the physical appearance. It comes with a number of changes. Many men and women face the depression at this stage. Most of the couples suffer from the uncertainty of the situation. There is lack of confidence among that the couples that what is likely to happen. Some also face the fear of what will happen after the delivery. The medical practitioners say that this depression is due to the hormonal changes in the body also. The best remedy for the pregnancy depression is not medication but your self-commitment. Anyone facing this kind of depression needs to get involved in the creative way of life. Getting socially busy with the loved ones. going out occasionally, hanging out with friends and even watching your favorite program can be really helpful in your depression. Good amount of rest and healthy eating habits can be an additional aid. Take this depression as something natural. If you feel that things are getting worse for you and the depression is becoming difficult to handle then visit a physician for advice. I hope you will soon get over this as in almost all pregnancies as the symptoms disappear with the coming trimesters.
Hello! This is a very useful thread. I think it's essential for women feeling depressed to talk about it. I didn't conceive myself as I couldn't due to having no uterus. I went for surrogacy. I'm so happy I was finally able to get a child. However, many times I thought how good it would've been if I could've conceived my baby myself. It's a natural thought but it made me sad. Anyway, I looked at the bright side. I am not alone in this, and no matter if I didn't carry her myself, I got her is the most important thing!
Hi, ladies! I am sort of having gone through the same thing. I was 33 yo then starting to feel like my whole world was closing in on me. I work nights so it messed with my sleep. I felt like every tine thing just drives me crazy. But then I felt bad and cried privatly. I had no interest in sex at all and all I wanted to do was to sleep. Sometimes I even wondered if I wasn't around would it matter to anyone...nothing morbid or anything just feeling down in the dumps a lot. Though I had never had this issue after delivery.
Wish everyone here the best!
You are right. Depression is so common these days. But it is very important to recognize it early. And all the same important to seek early help. You don't need to be ashamed. It is a disease. Totally treatable.
Hi. I've suffered from pretty bad depression since I was 17. I am now depressed again and pregnant. I'm managing my own depression, plus a husband with PTSD and borderline personality disorder. Needless to say, I've got my hands full. How do I cope? Well, I barely do. I'm seeing a therapist once a week. I'm considering asking my midwife if any antidepressant herbs are safe or not. I'll have to say it's certainly a struggle.
Sign in to follow this topic