Hi - just wanted advice from people who have been through the process...

About 6 weeks ago I went to DR because not coping (had PND with DS1 and worked through it with her advice). I had tried all the things that worked last time and wasn't making progress.

I did the test and got a score of 19. She sent me for blood tests and said come back in a couple of weeks. DR said I could not have medication if I chose to breastfeed.

It took me about 4 weeks to get back (took me two weeks to get to a blood test) and I felt things had got worse and asked for counselling (mental health plan). She redid test and I still got 19. She talked to me about getting quality time out etc...but how do you get it when there is no-one to give it to you??? She asked me to come back in two weeks with DH. She did not think counselling would make any difference.

I feel she thinks I can work through it and so does DH...but meanwhile I am miserable, anxious and not having a quality life with my two beautiful children before I have to go back to work next year.

Is 19 a high score???? Do you think I should go to another GP?? Does anyone know of a good counsellor on the Gold Coast???