Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Birth Announcement :-D Rss

Hi Guys,
Just a quick note to advise my daughter Priya Audrey was born 5 days early on the 2nd of January 2013 at 2.30am, she was 2.56kg and 50cm long. Tiny but perfect and healthy.

My waters broke in bed at 11pm on the 1st, within minutes DH was on the phone letting the hospital know we would be coming in and the power went out. Luckily we were packed and only had to grab a few extra things. The drive was a little hairy as traffic lights were out and we had to get onto the highway for a few minutes.
This was my first baby so I was expecting about 8 hours or so of labour, i started timing my contractions in the car and comments to DH that they were 2 mins apart and that that could not be right and i must not know what a full contraction was.

We got to the hospital in about 15mins and after being examined found out I was at 4cm.

The next few hours were the most intense of my life!!

After 2.5 hours with no pain relief I was ready for any drugs i could get, i demanded to be examined as i needed something if this was going to go on for 6 hours or more. The midwife was great and checked me out straight away, I was at 9.5cm. Thank God.

I started pushing 10 mins before my obs arrived and our little baby girl was born about 30mins later. So in total i was in labour for about 3.5 hours, I was so shocked at how quick it had all happened.

We are both home and healthy and happy now.

Just wanted to share as i am so excited and happy. grin

Congratulations on the arrival of your baby girl! And a beautiful name you have picked for her.

I had a labour and birth really similar although a wee bit longer lol, and no power cuts!

Hope you are all settling into your new life together well smile

Congrats hun!! That's a beautiful but quick birth story! grin and what a gorgeous name wub

Congratulations!!!!! And welcome to Priya. How exciting?!!! I hope you've been able to rest and little Priya is being a good girl for you, but they usually are at such a young age. Enjoy her!!!

Congratulations!

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Congrats! Well done!

Congratulations to you and DH on your first bubba!! Enjoy your beautiful girl, these newborn moments are super special and go by so quickly x
Congratulations!!!!!!

Congratulations, well done! That is a stunning name!!

Thanks everyone! It still feels a little sureal that she is here. So happy!

Congrats! What a lovely, uncomplicated birth!
Enjoy those newborn snuggles! wub

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

Sign in to follow this topic