Huggies Forum

Anyone had an abnormal pap smear? Lock Rss

I went to my GP and had a pap in December. I wasn't happy with the results being fine (weird I know) so I went to a sexual health clinic in January and got another one. The results came back abnormal... Clearly intuition was working at it's best!

I've been told by the nurse to come back in 12 months to get another pap to see if the HPV has disappeared or got worse. But my friends and family have told me to go back in 6 months as sometimes it CAN get worse in this time. What are your thoughts???

I went to my GP and had a pap in December. I wasn't happy with the results being fine (weird I know) so I went to a sexual health clinic in January and got another one. The results came back abnormal... Clearly intuition was working at it's best!

I've been told by the nurse to come back in 12 months to get another pap to see if the HPV has disappeared or got worse. But my friends and family have told me to go back in 6 months as sometimes it CAN get worse in this time. What are your thoughts???

I had a abnormal pap smear years ago my dr told me it wasn't to bad to go back if there was any unusuall bleeding or discomfort during sex my advice is if that happens to you go back otherwise i would wait the twelve months goodluck
Hi, I had an abnormal pap smear a few years back. The doctor then referred me for a biopsy where they discoverd I had CIN3 (pre cancerous cells). I ended up having a LLETZ procedure where they removed them, on a follow up pap smear (6 months later) they realised they missed some so I had to have another procedure. I have been having pap smears every year now, and for the last 2 years they have been normal.

I hope I didn't scare you, but it is really common. I would probably go back in 6 months for another papsmear, just for peace of mind.
Thanks guys. I am now bleeding and sex well I won't even go there... So I am going to go back and get another pap in the 6 months rather than the 12.

Thanks guys. I am now bleeding and sex well I won't even go there... So I am going to go back and get another pap in the 6 months rather than the 12.

i was supposed to go back every 6 months but then it was 2 years finally went now are high abnormal cells. have just had biopsy and am waiting the results. go with your gut feeling. 6 months can do no harm.

Sign in to follow this topic