Huggies Forum

My baby girl is very sick. New update. Rss

I know it's easy for me to say, but don't blame yourself. Obviously you had good reason to hold off on Annabelle's immunisations, so try not to let it get you down. It's lovely that you got to hold her for a while, for both of you. Annabelle sounds like a real trooper. Try and stay strong and positive.

Thinking of you & Take care -xo-
So the doctor has just rang through the reults of the lumbar puncture, she has Pheumococcal meningits at least it's not menningococcal(sp) like they were thinking. He said this is one of the worst cases of this type he has seen in a while. Apparantly children prone to middle ear infections are at higher risk of developing this type of meningitis. Annabelle has suffered a few her last one was diagnosed last Monday.
I was reading this thread for the first time last night and it scared the crap out of me. We have been selectively vaccinating our DD, we have gotten the main maningitis one (HIB), but we opted out of giving her the Pheumococcal Meningitis one (7vPCV). After reading what you and your little girl has gone through so far, I talked to my DP and we decided we are going to give DD the 7vPCV vaccines.

I'm sorry you have had to go through this and I hope your DD gets better soon.

ETA: I just read that you are upset about not getting the vaccine, I hope my post didn't upset you as I didn't read the entire thread, sorry. I hope you don't blame yourself, because as you said, there were medical reasons preventing you.
[Edited on 01/02/2010]
I'm glad you got the results so they can treat it properly, and you aren't stressing about it being meningococcal. Hope she is better really soon. Thinking of you both.
Hope she gets better soon.

Hope she is better ASAP.
Thinking of you.

Thanks for the update i keep popping in to see how you and your DD are going, hope she keeps going strong and you take care to.Cant wait to hear she is alot better and can go home your doing a great job.
Thank you so much for keeping us updated...

Big hugs hun, I so know that feeling of being able to hold your baby then having to put them back... it just breaks your heart....

Your in my thoughts and prayers...
Hugs
Tammy
xxx

Thank you for letting us know how Annabelle is doing, and how you are. I can only imagine what you've been going through but at least now the doctors know what is wrong and can treat it. She sounds like a little fighter.
Hopes and prayers to you and your family.
((GBH)) to you and Annabelle. Im sorry to hear you are going through such a traumatic time but hopefully the worst is over and she can take the time to get better now xx
All i can say is that im thinking of you and wishing you and your daughter all the best in this hard time
xoxoxoxoxo
Bump!

Just wondering how your little one is doing today?

My thoughts & prayers are with you.
Sign in to follow this topic