Huggies Forum

My baby girl is very sick. New update. Rss

Thankyou all so much for your prayers and thoughts, they mean alot.

I have came home for the night, to try get a little sleep and to stay with my other little girl as she is missing mummy. It breaks my heart to leave her, but her godmother is by her side, so I know she'll be fine.

We suffered a little set back this afternoon, she is continuing having seziures (which is apparantly normal) and they have upped the dosage of the anti-seziure meds. I honestly don't even know what meds she is on, there are so many of them.

They are talking about trying to take her off the ventilator on Monday if she starts improving, so I hope that day comes quick. They say she is not out of the woods yet but her survival rate is alot higher, which is a good thing. There was talk of a CT scan but I'm not sure if they are still going to do this, I think they are waiting for the final results of the lumbar puncture.

Apparantly one good thing on her side is her weight, she is a chubby little bubby and weighed nearly 13 kilos before she became ill.

One thing that really got to me today though was her dad, I know he's her dad and all, but he was telling me that he was talking to her, telling her to go if she wants, that she doesn't have to fight no more. It made me cry, I have been there asking her to fight and willing her to pull through, and he tells her to let go. He's only a part time dad we arn't together, sees her when he wants, and it just makes me so mad that he can say that to her. Last night I was told to prepare for the worse, to say goodbye, to consider having a priest in and give her a blessing, but I couldn't do it. Then today as she is showing signs of improvement he tells her those things. I don't get it.

I am worried about the long term effects she may develop from this, apparantly brain damage and deafness can be a result of meningitis, but I am thinking positive and am taking one problem at a time.

I can't wait for my baby girl to wake up and give me one of her goofy smiles.

Once again, thanks for your thoughts and prayers and thanks for reading.

Oh a great big hug for you and one for your DD. I am so sorry to hear she is ill. I know that no words can help the way you are feeling at the moment, but please just know that a lot of mums on here are thinking of you and praying for your daughter.
My friend's son has the same thing when he was almost 2, and they were told that he wouldn't make the night, then when he did they told her that due to the severity, he would almost definitely suffer from brain damage of some degree. Well, he's now 21 and he's absolutely fine. He's just finished Uni to become a Primary Teacher and there is nothing wring with him at all. I'm telling you this so you know, that miracles happen and I'm hoping that your daughter will be one of them.

As for your DD's dad, everyone deals with things their own way, and while i dont agree with what he did (and he'd be one sore man if he was my DD's father and said that to her), maybe you can tell him not to say those things, tell her to be strong and that Mummy and Daddy love her so much and will be there for her when she is ready. That will help her, just knwoing that you are there.

Great big hugs to you.
oh im so glad she is making a little bit of progress all that praying has payed off! she has been in my thoughts and prayers all afternoon and night! why would he say that when she is improving? i dont get that. sending more hugs to you. and if theres anything i can do just pm me grin

oxoxo GBH oxoxo

Just like everyone else I want you to know that my thoughts are with you and your DD, I hope she makes a speedy recovery, fingers crossed for her to come off the ventilator on Monday!

GBH!!

I have been thinking about your baby girl all night! Just think she is in the best place at the moment with fantastic dr's and nurses.

I can't believe your ex would say those things to her as you would only will this baby girl on! She is blessed to have such an amazing Mummy like you.

Sening lots of positive healthy vibes your way...
Stay strong
please keep is updated. thoughts and prayers for your dd....
GBH..
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts..

Wishing your little girl a speedy recovery xx
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...I hope that today brings some more good news and improvements.xx
[Edited on 30/01/2010]
I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is so ill, but it's great to hear that she has improved a little. It's dreadful to see someone you love attached to so many machines. Try to take the time to look after yourself as well - I know it's hard.

Posted by: my2bubbas
I am worried about the long term effects she may develop from this, apparantly brain damage and deafness can be a result of meningitis, but I am thinking positive and am taking one problem at a time.

I had bacterial meningitis when I was 2. I did lose some hearing as a result, but it has not impacted my life. I had quite a lot of tests and some speech therapy as a child.

Good luck to your little one. I hope she comtinues to improve with each day.
GBH! How scary for you all... wishing your DD a speedy recovery. Your doing a wonderful job of staying strong and being the best mummy you can atm -xx-

Glad to read that she is improving and fingers crossed that Monday she can take that next big step and come off the ventilator.

Try to stay as rested as you can and look after yourself - I know it must be so difficult..

Don't even think about what 'might' happen - just focus on getting through 1 step at a time.

Thinking of you and your girls.

I've being checking this post. Hope you got some good news about your DD.
Did you get to hold her?

Sign in to follow this topic